TMP Legacy mesh body

Windywinters

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

To be fair, they gave a free bento hands update a month ago or so, if you had the old "deluxe" body. However, it's likely it's no longer available now: you had to use their shop HUD for a redelivery to get the bento hands, but the old shop HUD no longer works, since it has been replaced by the experience keys.

Besides the bosom and the shape, TMP has fitmesh feet that you can resize, unlike almost everyone else. So if they started to sold the updated old body at a low and competitive price, maybe it would have been interesting to someone. But if you have the old deluxe body and you have to spend further 2500 for this update, it's more likely you will spend the same amount to definitively switch to Maitreya.

As for the new body, oddly called "Legacy", it has some refinement (yup, even "below"), but as it is, it's not even compatible with the old TMP body clothing. I don't know what the deformer would do, though. Also while the HUD has been improved, the text is quite small and almost unreadable on laptop screens and in some place it's even white on a silver background, which doesn't help. The styles part requires the Media on a prim now (which has pros and cons...)  it looks like it's still server side.

They surely worked quite a bit on all this, but they can't ignore the competition, especially when they don't have a great reputation already, and at those prices I'm not sure what sales they would expect.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, janetosilio said:

There’s already three or four bodies that are straggling behind Maitreya, do we need another one? And for twice as much as two of them together?

It might be a novel approach, but who’s willing to make a $5000 L mistake?

Isn't diversity supposed to be great? Or did I miss the memo that its now back in style to be uniform?

In my humble opinion, there are multiple reasons as to why I will not be wasting 5k on that body. Number one, I had demoed it, and when looking at the HUD. Now to add to this, one of my FB friends had stated they got rid of the Style HUD. But on their so-called new and improved HUD. They have a Styles Option. Which had me questioning, will it be like last time. Where you had to buy the Applier and install it in the body? And say, for some odd reason they went out of business, or there is maintenance or even DDOS attack on the asset server. That would render the body useless. My second reason, without any sort of knowledge, due to lack of marketing on their part. They released the body, it wasn't until someone, who didn't work with them, happened upon the sim. Discovered there were new bodies. My third reason, like last time. They release the body and then go silent. That brings me to my last reason. For the 5k it costs to get said body. I could get a body, a vista head, and still, have some money left over to buy an outfit. That all being said, I think that it would not be a good investment. And with lack of support, or even a dev kit, or even omega compatibility in the near future. The body will just fade out existence. When I buy a body, I tend to look into if I will get a good return for my investment, whether it be with appliers, clothes etc. So far the new TMP body has not presented any of that.

Edited by halebore Aeon
  • Like 5

The "Shop" looks all very slick but having to enable media player to use the HUD, lack of real information or a real demo that I can use outside of the controlled environment of the shop plus my memory of my previous TMP body and the total lack of support it has makes me wish they people are not fooled by this.

I may be wrong but I suspect this is more of the same - flashy style but no real content or support in the long run.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Syn Anatine said:

Isn't diversity supposed to be great? Or did I miss the memo that its now back in style to be uniform?

That would be a valid point if you could make a personal statement with this body that was noticeably different than ones you could make with the other bodies on the market, but really that's not the case. It's still the same look, just using different technology.

If you watched the same movie as everyone else you weren't showing "diversity" by watching it on Betamax instead of VHS. In fact, the types of movie-watching statements you could have made were reduced by using a less-common system.

I have to say. When I buy clothing i keep the body sizes for every single mesh body out there, and sort it into my Wardrobe. Even if i don't own the body today.. i might in the future. So.... oh wait, not every body. I ALWAYS simply delete TMP.  I won't be demo'ing, buying or endorsing the use of the TMP bodies. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Syn Anatine said:

Sure it is. I wear a Belleza Freya. 

The point was, the TMP creator is free to set the price at whatever they want, but....I’m not seeing a reason too many people would want a 5000 L body when there already are comparable bodies to Maitreya price wise. 

The unique claim to the body seems to be it has a deformer so that you can wear....Maitreya? Uhhh....why not just buy a Maitreya?

5000 L to wear a body that deforms to a Maitreya body just to be different just doesn’t make sense to me.

I don’t know, if you want to be different. It just seems to me there are cheaper more supported ways to do it.

They might want to rethink the price point and that’s not even getting into the style hud thing. I’m just saying.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Syn Anatine said:

But as there is, we have tonnes of mesh bodies. It's already a pretty diverse market, but the majority go for the 4 major body companies. Belleza, Maitreya, SLink and Signature. SL is diverse with tonnes of shapes, styles, looks and outfits. That we can make a very unique and individual look. I don't think diversity is a problem here. I just think the problem here, is as you said uniformity. People tend to buy the same shape, that is big at the time. Which creates this look, of people being the same. Same goes for hairs, clothes, and makeups. I can take one of those bodies, a shape and head. Tweak it to my liking, put on a style I prefer. And Bam, I look unique.

• Like 1

My major problem with TMP is their price point and their past marketing practices. They lost a lot of goodwill with designers and users over the years. For example, they only allowed auto hide on clothing they sold, not making it available to outside designers.

I really doubt the product will be a success at this price. TMP has come across as greedy in the past and they still do now. Most people don’t trust them with good reason. 

Even though I really like the look of the male body I won’t touch it at this price. Also, nowhere in their fancy new shopping experience does it say these bodies are Omega compatible. 

And if the style HUD relies on TMP servers to work properly (like their past bodies and clothing), then that’s another good reason to avoid them. If and when TMP shuts down their servers, you will not be able to change anything on your purchases like skin tones. 

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

That would be a valid point if you could make a personal statement with this body that was noticeably different than ones you could make with the other bodies on the market, but really that's not the case. It's still the same look, just using different technology.

If you watched the same movie as everyone else you weren't showing "diversity" by watching it on Betamax instead of VHS. In fact, the types of movie-watching statements you could have made were reduced by using a less-common system.

It's the same diversity as the 234234 different mesh heads available now. Why would people embrace the diversity there but not for the mesh bodies?

2 hours ago, janetosilio said:

Sure it is. I wear a Belleza Freya. 

The point was, the TMP creator is free to set the price at whatever they want, but....I’m not seeing a reason too many people would want a 5000 L body when there already are comparable bodies to Maitreya price wise. 

The unique claim to the body seems to be it has a deformer so that you can wear....Maitreya? Uhhh....why not just buy a Maitreya?

5000 L to wear a body that deforms to a Maitreya body just to be different just doesn’t make sense to me.

I don’t know, if you want to be different. It just seems to me there are cheaper more supported ways to do it.

They might want to rethink the price point and that’s not even getting into the style hud thing. I’m just saying.

I see, I thought your statement was a general one about mesh body diversity, my bad.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, janetosilio said:

Competition is good, but uh....5000L when I can get a body for half that? And clothes with the other 2500?

girl please.gif

Why is money so highly regarded in Second Life?

That's 20 bucks. You probably spend that on Starbucks in 2 days on your way to the train. Let's be real.

I'm not trying to convince you to buy the body. I'm just trying to make you appreciate competition among creators. What's the point of being emotionally attached to a virtual product to a point where you refuse to be open to new ones? And I know, TMP don't have the best reputation, I have too been stranded in their anxiety-awakening sim with no support in the past, but if they have a product that is better than what I'm currently sitting with, then I couldn't care less for their reputation.

That's just the reality.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BrooklynnC said:

That's 20 bucks.

Because not everyone has that kind of money to spend on a product that has zero customer service with the brand walking away again being likely?

Or simply because not everyone who uses SL has 20 bucks to spend on a mesh body, and no, those people don't spend money on expensive coffee's either.

If you're well enough off to take that risk, you do you, but don't think that's the norm for other residents.

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, BrooklynnC said:

That's 20 bucks. You probably spend that on Starbucks in 2 days on your way to the train. Let's be real.

I'm not trying to convince you to buy the body. I'm just trying to make you appreciate competition among creators. What's the point of being emotionally attached to a virtual product to a point where you refuse to be open to new ones? And I know, TMP don't have the best reputation, I have too been stranded in their anxiety-awakening sim with no support in the past, but if they have a product that is better than what I'm currently sitting with, then I couldn't care less for their reputation.

That's just the reality.

My SL budget comes out of our entertainment budget and is more than $20. Even so, I will never spend a cent on this body due to the reputation, regardless of how good it might look. Reputation matters to a lot of people.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, BrooklynnC said:

That's just the reality.

No reality is, we don't trust the company as far as we can throw them. And to top it all off, I can literally get my Avatar done, with some appliers and maybe an outfit or two with 5k. To spend 5k on a body, that A has no Dev Kit, or creators to make appliers and clothes with. And B, when it costs more than the average body, does in SL.  Why would we spend 20 bucks on it? Look, 5K is not really a competitive price either. They aren't really gonna be competition in the market, at that price. It's great that you don't care about their reputation and past transgressions. Most of us do. Also the last point, I think you will find that most people on the grid are open to new bodies. But if the price tag is right. It's common sense, that price tag will ultimately give the other body companies, more money. To end this whole ramble, they may have a better product in, but do they have the better price?

Edited by halebore Aeon
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

Because not everyone has that kind of money to spend on a product that has zero customer service with the brand walking away again being likely?

Or simply because not everyone who uses SL has 20 bucks to spend on a mesh body, and no, those people don't spend money on expensive coffee's either.

If you're well enough off to take that risk, you do you, but don't think that's the norm for other residents.

9 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

My SL budget comes out of our entertainment budget and is more than $20. Even so, I will never spend a cent on this body due to the reputation, regardless of how good it might look. Reputation matters to a lot of people.

1 minute ago, halebore Aeon said:

No reality is, we don't trust the company as far as we can throw them. And to top it all off, I can literally get my Avatar done, with some appliers and maybe an outfit or two with 5k. To spend 5k on a body, that A has no Dev Kit, or creators to make appliers and clothes with. And B, when it costs more than the average body, does in SL.  Why would we spend 20 bucks on it? Look, 5K is not really a competitive price either. They aren't really gonna be competition in the market, at that price. It's great that you don't care about their reputation and past transgressions. Most of us do. Also the last point, I think you will find that most people on the grid are open to new bodies. But if the price tag is right. It's common sense, that price tag will ultimately give the other body companies, more money.

They sold 5,200 something bodies in their first 24 hours. I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say 'most of us'. I understand 5,200 residents aren't a majority but it's a great portion of the people who buy lindens on a regular basis.

I'm not much for conspiracy theories, but perhaps you forum people are a bunch of stingy broads who feel like your money is too good for a community you spend more time on than you do with your hubbies. And this is coming from someone who has an average 9-5, high expenses and a mediocre salary. God knows where you guys are in society. Certainly not in a place where you have the right to speak for other people?

It's an OK product. If you love this community and wanna support creators then you should at least consider it. I'm not here to try and convince anyone anything.

Chill. o/

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, BrooklynnC said:

It's an OK product.

Right there is why I won't spend 5000 Linden on the item.  I bought the original version, and I believe I spent around 10K.  However finding creators that were making the clothing, makeup, and accessories that I liked for that brand was very hard to find. That is  the TMP heyday, as well. the Maitreya Lara body is only 3K and has a plethora as wardrobe choices.  why would anyone spend 5000 Linden on something that was simply"okay"? less than a 100 Linden, sure I could see that, but not 5,000.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BrooklynnC said:

They sold 5,200 something bodies in their first 24 hours. I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say 'most of us'. I understand 5,200 residents aren't a majority but it's a great portion of the people who buy lindens on a regular basis.

I'm not much for conspiracy theories, but perhaps you forum people are a bunch of stingy broads who feel like your money is too good for a community you spend more time on than you do with your hubbies. And this is coming from someone who has an average 9-5, high expenses and a mediocre salary. God knows where you guys are in society. Certainly not in a place where you have the right to speak for other people?

It's an OK product. If you love this community and wanna support creators then you should at least consider it. I'm not here to try and convince anyone anything.

Chill. o/

This response to the valid (in my opinion) concerns that have been raised in this thread by others seems to be a bit strong and uncalled for. 

What I was curious about, as you seem to be upset that others aren't trying this new release out, is have you purchased one?  And if so, how does the deformer feature work?  Are you actually able to wear clothes rigged for other mesh bodies, and do they fit well?   How did you get the information about how many bodies they sold in the first 24 hours?

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, BrooklynnC said:

Chill. o/

You kinda are, especially with this one. There is no need for the attacks, so I would say the same to you, please chill. I also love how you assume, where we are at in society. Does that really matter? It is our money, and we can use it how we please. That isn't being stingy, that is being smart with your finances. There is a big key difference. Now you keep on bringing up that it's a better product on the market. I think you referenced the skin and the shape. Look there are many great skins applier creators, who put just as much detail on their skin as you say TMP does. As for the shape, if a lot of women and men didn't need to put their shape sliders at 90, you wouldn't see the bodies deform in the way they do. I also saw you mention the Deformer earlier. Now the one thing that I think a lot of people try to sell is the deformer will make your body, work with most clothes from other bodies on the market. I have one thing, to really say to that. If you need a deformer, to get a product from say a Belleza body to fit your TMP body. Why did you buy the TMP body in the first place? You already have the body, that the clothes fit.  That all being said, I can speak on behalf of myself. Like most of these people have been doing. I am not wasting my money, on an investment that will give me no returns. It's plain and simple, I don't know why you are trying to sway people over to this new body. It has nothing to do with lack of openness, it has everything to do with the cost, being burnt in the past, and many other things. That people keep on bringing up, time and time again. 

Edited by halebore Aeon
  • Like 6

45 minutes ago, BrooklynnC said:

That's just the reality.

I’ve already said I appreciate competition and that I am not a Maitreya user.

What I’m trying to get you to understand is it’s not a wise decision by the creator to set such a high price point in this kind of market. A lot of people wear a Maitreya just because gets the most clothing and accessory support. That’s it. It’s not because it’s a better body in any way.

There’s a difference between being open to things and being unwise. So how is the TMP body better than any other body currently on the market?

That’s just a reality check.

F1633B25-07DA-40C4-AE0D-2C0D93071833.gif

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, BrooklynnC said:

It's not even a fraction of the people who buy Linden on a regular basis. Also, numbers are heresay unless the actual owner of the brand posts cold hard numbers. Till then, the above quoted is baloney.

38 minutes ago, BrooklynnC said:

I am not even sure wtf is going on in that quote. A lot of assumptions and general cray-cray.

40 minutes ago, BrooklynnC said:

Chill. o/

We do not want to support creators who do not offer support to their customers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, BrooklynnC said:

They sold 5,200 something bodies in their first 24 hours.

36 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

I’m starting to get an inkling you work for them.

Unless TMP are actively posting their sales figures somewhere, all I have to say is this: I work for Catwa, and even I have no idea what her sales figures are when she releases a new head. There are no updates on either of the TMP-related Facebook pages (The Shops FB page hasn't been updated since June 2017, and the TMP News FB page has only clothing ads on it, going way back).

Where did you get those very exact sales figures from, Brooklynn? I'm genuinely curious.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

I’ve already said I appreciate competition and that I am not a Maitreya user.

What I’m trying to get you to understand is it’s not a wise decision by the creator to set such a high price point in this kind of market. A lot of people wear a Maitreya just because gets the most clothing and accessory support. That’s it. It’s not because it’s a better body in any way.

There’s a difference between being open to things and being unwise. So how is the TMP body better than any other body currently on the market?

That’s just a reality check.

F1633B25-07DA-40C4-AE0D-2C0D93071833.gif

I never implied that their body was better than other bodies out there. I was merely saying that if a creator, regardless of reputation, has a product that is better than what I'm currently using, then I won't hesitate for a second to ditch my old product for a new and improved one. I could have worded that better.

And gurl you can reality check me all you want. I take great pleasure in that.

1 minute ago, Syn Anatine said:

We do not want to support creators who do not offer support to their customers.

That's respectable.

I just think your complaints around their prices are bold considering you're selling a 'reading a book' animation on MP for a whopping $L300.

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.