What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Speaking of "winning"...

I didn't discover that whole "winning the day" thing on our forum profiles until about a month or two ago. I just don't look at that page much and I surely don't pay attention to likes and things. (I did know the hand slaps from the monitors are there though O.o.) Anyway, that winning the day thing really bugs me. I know there are people who live for likes, as I've been IMed by a few of them because I failed to like their photos. Oy.  So to those people it probably sounds like a humble brag or something, but when I see I've "won" the day it just says to me I'm spending too much time on the Forum. Several times? Uhhhhhh. Wow. I really don't need to know this stuff.

I truly wish they'd get rid of that. 

Is anyone really motivated by that thing?

So much winning! Much points, many reputation! Are you tired of winning yet?

(Four times in a little over a week! I bow before you!)

Yeah, it's dumb, and ultra meaningless, and they should get rid of it . . . except I doubt anyone pays it any attention anyway?

Now, me . . . I only have one ambition left, and that is to crush @Madelaine McMasters beneath my chariot wheels in terms of overall reputation points! Then people will take me seriously! No more snickering behind my back, or pitying looks! NO, I WILL BE IN UNDISPUTED POSSESSION OF . . . um . . . fourth place!

1904585087_BoudicaChariotBlank.jpg.544a88aac094bd495807520115c7331b.jpg

BWAHAHAHAH!!! EAT MY PIXELDUST, BIATCHES!

Now, excuse me, while I go spam the picture threads with artfully produced photos of my shoelaces.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
*sigh* It's been a long day already
  • Haha 11

You know, I pay almost zero attention to reputation points or likes or post counts...either mine or anyone else's.

But every once in a while, I happen to be looking at my Profile and see "You last won the day on..."  and if it's pretty recent, I do get kind of a nice feeling about it.

So I guess I'm at least as vain as the next Forum Regular.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

But every once in a while, I happen to be looking at my Profile and see "You last won the day on..."  and if it's pretty recent, I do get kind of a nice feeling about it.

:)

It just literally makes me facepalm and feel like I should just put on mittens so I can't type. I don't lose sleep over it (although my sleep HAS been screwy, hmmm...). It makes me uncomfortable and itchy.

Edited by Seicher Rae

4 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, it's dumb, and ultra meaningless, and they should get rid of it . . . except I doubt anyone pays it any attention anyway?

Now, me . . . I only have one ambition left, and that is to crush @Madelaine McMasters beneath my chariot wheels in terms of overall reputation points! Then people will take me seriously! No more snickering behind my back, or pitying looks! NO, I WILL BE IN UNDISPUTED POSSESSION OF . . . um . . . fourth place!

Now, excuse me, while I go spam the picture threads with artfully produced photos of my shoelaces.

If I ever get into the overall rankings, just... kill me. I'm pretty sure I know what it would entail for me to get into those vaunted realms, and I don't think it would be pretty. :/

The photo made me literally LoL though, and it speaks to why you are Forum Royalty.

/me kneels to Mistress Scylla!

bwahahahahahahaha

ETA: Precisely, 4 times in about a week? Zomg. I need to up my medication... 

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kali Wylder said:

Do you get anything for winning the day besides that little notice?  Not to cast aspersions on the warm feeling you may or may not get.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Nope

Really?

I got a BMW the last time I won.

Hmmm.

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

If I ever get into the overall rankings, just... kill me. I'm pretty sure I know what it would entail for me to get into those vaunted realms, and I don't think it would be pretty.

You ARE in the overall rankings, my dear.  You Won the Day yesterday, and overall you are in 36th place in terms of Reputation.  That may not be in the very top tier, but you're on the First Page, and ahead of several other very well-known Forum Regulars.

On top of that, you have more Reputation Points than you have actual posts, a ratio that, I am sorry to admit, I've never managed.  It shows that what you've said matters to people.  You've also given out more Reputation Points than you've received, which shows that others matter to you.

I'm not going to kill you.  You'll just have to learn to live with Fame, and the knowledge that you are a Pretty Darn Good Person.

62658.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You ARE in the overall rankings, my dear.  You Won the Day yesterday, and overall you are in 36th place in terms of Reputation.  That may not be in the very top tier, but you're on the First Page, and ahead of several other very well-known Forum Regulars.

On top of that, you have more Reputation Points than you have actual posts, a ratio that, I am sorry to admit, I've never managed.  It shows that what you've said matters to people.  You've also given out more Reputation Points than you've received, which shows that others matter to you.

I'm not going to kill you.  You'll just have to learn to live with Fame, and the knowledge that you are a Pretty Darn Good Person.

62658.jpg

I want to reply with something clever and a tad snarky and definitely dramatic, but I can't. That's a very nice post. Sigh.

I literally cringed when I read that I'm in the overall rankings. Oh ffs. Noooooooooooooo. I have cooties! And then you analyzed the numbers? More oh ffs & add a facepalm. I am glad to know I've given out more than I've received, for some reason. I guess it is because of all those people who IMed me complaining I didn't like their photos and it wasn't fair... I know there are people out there who do care, so... here's your points.  ?

Gosh. That really is a nice post, Lindal. :::sniffle:::

hug.gif

ETA: I didn't know where you got the stats from. So today I learned there's yet ANOTHER section! I never noticed it there below the "winning" button. So, yeah, I looked at the reputation breakdown and now I'm wondering how many of the 😄 I got were actually sarcasm (that's been a big topic lately).

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I'm not even in the overall rankings. *Snif* And the few days I did win, I missed out on the free beamer too. 😛 I must be doing it wrong.

• Sad 2

20 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

. . . except I doubt anyone pays it any attention anyway?

I ran out the door receiving the award, running up and down stairs in the open like a victorious Rocky Balboa.

I think I counted the same amount of passing tumbleweeds like I have when I got married .. :|

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

A chariot made of hoola hoops and twine... ooooooh kay.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

https://community.secondlife.com/pastleaders/  and https://community.secondlife.com/topmembers/

If you 'win' a day, it is shown on your forum profile page:

image.png.7e1f4db395858572b861d6bd3dae0f63.png

And the community reputation stats link that I didn't know about until Lindal's post yesterday is just below that box in the image and UNDER the green box where it shows the words community reputation. There is a little link to the stats. Who knew? Right?

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy???????

Edited by Seicher Rae
I should not be allowed near a keyboard until at least two cups of coffee.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So that I can feel superior to those with lower rankings, silly.

Duh!

In that event, the process is highly successful.

I keep hearing, "I'm not worthy!" 

And this makes ME Canadian and you Alice Cooper. Cool.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.