What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

And the community reputation stats link that I didn't know about until Lindal's post yesterday is just below that box in the image and UNDER the green box where it shows the words community reputation. There is a little link to the stats. Who knew? Right?

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy???????

I still didn't find the overal ranking. :) I'm surprised I'm even looking for it, as I honestly don't care; but at least I'd like to know I'm able to find where it's at. 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

I still didn't find the overal ranking. :) I'm surprised I'm even looking for it, as I honestly don't care; but at least I'd like to know I'm able to find where it's at. 😜

image.png.24d56e75d765f28aa205f8d8adcc7542.png

image.png.9d46e492e4e19e9bf64cd522985398f3.png

ETA: I have to admit to being terribly petty and a bit hypocritical, because when I looked at that page in its expanded form I saw that I am ahead (by a smidge) of one particular poster who happens to be one that IMed me and bugged me several times about "likes" in the photo thread... well, I was truly pleased.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Kiramanell: I still didn't find the overal ranking. :) I'm surprised I'm even looking for it, as I honestly don't care; but at least I'd like to know I'm able to find where it's at. 

It's a super secret ultra private link.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Kiramanell: I still didn't find the overal ranking. :) I'm surprised I'm even looking for it, as I honestly don't care; but at least I'd like to know I'm able to find where it's at. 

It's a super secret ultra private link.

It must be. :) No, seriously, it's not showing me a ranking page at all (see below). Maybe ranking just becomes available when you actually rank, LOL.

eird.thumb.jpg.5a632a53858ea0ea8a14b0f8a28cfd62.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

It must be. :) No, seriously, it's not showing me a ranking page at all (see below). Maybe ranking just becomes available when you actually rank, LOL.

For the "ranking" go the the leader board link I showed above, under the "you won the day" tab. Use the pull down to get an expanded listing, under "most reputation." And yes, I think there is a cut off to be listed.

ETA: Right now the lowest one showing is a little over 5000 points, so nope, you don't rate kiddo.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Thanks 1

Seicher's right...but kira's screenshot does not show a "Won the Day" link.  So maybe it IS a super-secret link, even though I was only joking when I said it.

We could either just all give Kira's posts a ton of likes, or she could try this: https://community.secondlife.com/leaderboard/?custom_date_start=1587470400&custom_date_end=1587470400

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Seicher's right...but kira's screenshot does not show a "Won the Day" link.  So maybe it IS a super-secret link, even though I was only joking when I said it.

We could either just all give Kira's posts a ton of likes, or she could try this: https://community.secondlife.com/leaderboard/?custom_date_start=1587470400&custom_date_end=1587470400

Oh. the 'won the day' banner is there alright. :) It's just that the link under the green bar leads to the page I posted above.

weird2.jpg

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

For the "ranking" go the the leader board link I showed above, under the "you won the day" tab. Use the pull down to get an expanded listing, under "most reputation." And yes, I think there is a cut off to be listed.

ETA: Right now the lowest one showing is a little over 5000 points, so nope, you don't rate kiddo.

Awww. Okay, thx, mystery solved then. :) 

P.S. And in case it wasn't clear, you fully deserve your ranking! Gratz! 👍

16 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Thanks for the link! And YAY @Talligurl 🤗

• Thanks 1

Just now, Seicher Rae said:

Thank you, and ewwwww. My original peeve was that these things exist in the first place. They make me itchy.

Okay, you think yours is bad?? I just discovered that it was a year ago yesterday when I first entered the forums with some likes on things, and in that year, I've accumulated 1,139 PAGES of comments and reactions. In 12 months, I had the Post of the Day 31 times... so a full months-worth. 

I'm really feeling pretty ashamed of myself right now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

Thank you, and ewwwww. My original peeve was that these things exist in the first place. They make me itchy.

Considering how much time it took me to find these stats, there's a good chance you may live thru the onslaught of accolades. :)  

N.B. Just 1 small extra tribute to your awesomeness: 😷

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Okay, you think yours is bad?? I just discovered that it was a year ago yesterday when I first entered the forums with some likes on things, and in that year, I've accumulated 1,139 PAGES of comments and reactions. In 12 months, I had the Post of the Day 31 times... so a full months-worth. 

I'm really feeling pretty ashamed of myself right now!

Ashamed in a good way, right?! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Ashamed in a good way, right?! 😁

Ugh... did that come across as a humble brag?

No, I'm not really ashamed. I've had a lot of fun this past year on the forums and encountered an awful lot of wonderful people. I don't think the points, etc., are necessary, though, and if it was simple as turning off a feature on the forum software, I think it's worth asking the mods to do it. It's created more drama than pleasure, at least in the past year that I've seen it. 

And I was really disappointed when I learned that getting the Post of the Day didn't earn me anything like a tee shirt or something... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I don't think the points, etc., are necessary, though, and if it was simple as turning off a feature on the forum software, I think it's worth asking the mods to do it.

Based on what I've read at the Invision Community website (the company that makes the forum software), the 'reputation' stuff can be turned off with the flip of a setting. 

I agree that it should be flipped off.  I think, overall, it causes more problems than any good it might do.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

Ugh... did that come across as a humble brag?

No, I'm not really ashamed. I've had a lot of fun this past year on the forums and encountered an awful lot of wonderful people. I don't think the points, etc., are necessary, though, and if it was simple as turning off a feature on the forum software, I think it's worth asking the mods to do it. It's created more drama than pleasure, at least in the past year that I've seen it. 

And I was really disappointed when I learned that getting the Post of the Day didn't earn me anything like a tee shirt or something... 

And you're absolutely right. All these points tends to lead to the points themselves becoming the focus. I can easily live without them. Like with Seicher. I was on a wee hiatus from SL for a while; and when I came back, I saw several posts from Seicher in any of the avi photos thread, and almost immediately realized 'Damn, she's good!' So, does it surprise me to learn, a few weeks later, that others apparently appreciate her work/words too? Not really: I already knew that without the points, is my point.

As for your subscript, LOL, I can actually envision seeing that on a tee: "I went out of my way to Win the Day, and all I didn't get was a lousy T-shirt." :P 

• Haha 2

@Beth Macbain

P.S. Throughout all the banter, I forgot to mention I think you truly have nothing to be ashamed of. Yes, you post a lot. And you poke a wee fun at times. And yes, you get on ppl's lists sometimes. 🥰 But, far as I'm concerned, you're the genuine article. You don't play games (about real things), and are always on thee side of doing the right thing. People don't like that?! Eff 'em! (I sooooooooo stole 'Eff' from Seicher).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't think I've ever won the day.  I'm not sure when I joined.  I know I posted as Kali once or twice back when Kattatonia was in charge, but then there was about a 9-10 year gap before I came back in when Dil's music thread died.  Where the heck is Dillon anyway?  Part of why I came back was so I wouldn't lose touch with the peeps in the music thread.  Not that I was very active in the music thread, I'd do drive-bys now and then just to get some hugs and share a song or two. But no matter; I like it here and you just can't get rid of me now.

and @kiramanell Ditto on the @Beth Macbain

Edited by kali Wylder
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Shall we put it in the forum suggestions thread?

In thinking about it though, I think flipping the switch completely removes the reaction icons, not just the accumulation of reputation points.  I'll have to go dig around on the Invision website a bit.

ETA:  Per the Help on the Invision site, the Reputation, Reaction, and Leaderboard items can all be toggled on & off individually.  So LL could turn off the Reputation points and the Leaderboard stuff, while still allowing Reactions to posts.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I wish people would stop having this weird hate towards people who Photoshop their SL photos. I mean, it’s not real photography. As someone who takes RL photography as well, it’s always better to have a raw photo or one with minimal editing. But, like, I dunno man that makes sense to me. But, SecondLife is just a game. It’s nice that you take raw photos but there’s no need to hate on people who don’t.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

I wish people would stop having this weird hate towards people who Photoshop their SL photos. I mean, it’s not real photography. As someone who takes RL photography as well, it’s always better to have a raw photo or one with minimal editing. But, like, I dunno man that makes sense to me. But, SecondLife is just a game. It’s nice that you take raw photos but there’s no need to hate on people who don’t.  

I wish I could PS. So here's my anti hate :)

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

you'd have to take the 500 pink overlays i put on my photos out of my cold, dead hands honestly

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, kiramanell said:

And you're absolutely right. All these points tends to lead to the points themselves becoming the focus. I can easily live without them. Like with Seicher. I was on a wee hiatus from SL for a while; and when I came back, I saw several posts from Seicher in any of the avi photos thread, and almost immediately realized 'Damn, she's good!' So, does it surprise me to learn, a few weeks later, that others apparently appreciate her work/words too? Not really: I already knew that without the points, is my point.

As for your subscript, LOL, I can actually envision seeing that on a tee: "I went out of my way to Win the Day, and all I didn't get was a lousy T-shirt." :P 

We need a blush emoji.

And thank you.

And that stuff makes me itch, too. N stuff.

blush embarrassed.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.