Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

There is no rez zone for boats if you don't live on this new continent. Which sucks bigtime after a wasted hours voyage north from Jeogoet continent.

☹️ I am right next to the river, and saw a dock which excited me because I thought there may be a rez spot near it.  Perhaps LL will create a small area by each of the docks going into the rivers.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

 

Texture pack doesn't include HOUSE textures, but does have concrete.

 

Hmmm - that will make it more difficult to add interior walls.  Maybe we need to petition LL. 

 

Hey @Patch Linden -- Could we pretty please get a texture pack for the interior of the house?  

  ETA - FULL inside and outside HOUSE textures

 

 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RuffertasAlt said:

The available houses that I looked at appeared to be on sand, so I think I'll wait until the interior is open to make another alt Premium.

I went through the process within the past 1.0-1.5 hours and the only plots I was sent to were all inland.  I actually went through 13 plots across 3 alts before finding one that I liked enough to settle in and call it home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Hmmm - that will make it more difficult to add interior walls.  Maybe we need to petition LL. 

 

Hey @Patch Linden -- Could we pretty please get a texture pack for the interior of the house?  

 

 

Yes please this! 🙌🙌🙌🙌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Sandy Schnook said:

Oddly there is a boathouse near me, but you can't rezz there.  Hopefully that will change.

I did a tour of all the places that "looked" like they should be rez zones and ran into someone else who had wondered. I couldn't find ANY rez zones, so if you want to rez your boat it seems like you will need to go for a houseboat and moor there.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Hmmm - that will make it more difficult to add interior walls.  Maybe we need to petition LL. 

 

Hey @Patch Linden -- Could we pretty please get a texture pack for the interior of the house?  

 

 

and EXTERIOR (I don't really care about the interior LOL) @Patch Linden TY!!!!!

The current texture packs just have bricks and cement and some road textures, no siding or roofing. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I went through the process within the past 1.0-1.5 hours and the only plots I was sent to were all inland.  I actually went through 13 plots across 3 alts before finding one that I liked enough to settle in and call it home.

This morning when things opened it was almost all beachfront :D.  Watching the green dots the beachfront lots were given out first it seems, later some interior ones.  It got VERY busy after "work" hours in the US.   I was one of the first and got a very nice "beachy" lot. The plus side is mush less flora and only nine lots in my sim (a big plus) so the FPS should be better than some other spots. 

Glad you found a place finally. I think the waterfront lots were gone by around 2:30 judging by my message to a friend and what she found. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WillowTenage said:

☹️ I am right next to the river, and saw a dock which excited me because I thought there may be a rez spot near it.  Perhaps LL will create a small area by each of the docks going into the rivers.  

As far as I can tell there are no rez zones. I went to about a dozen spots that looked "likely" with no luck so perhaps you need a houseboat if you want to sail.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Sandy Schnook said:

Oddly there is a boathouse near me, but you can't rezz there.  Hopefully that will change.

I saw that. It looks like a base for a rescue boat, or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

and EXTERIOR (I don't really care about the interior LOL) @Patch Linden TY!!!!!

The current texture packs just have bricks and cement and some road textures, no siding or roofing. 

Ahh - I didn't dig into it yet and didn't realize that they also didn't out any outside 'house' textures.  If I had fully processed your emphasis on HOUSE textures before, I might have caught that.

 

23 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

This morning when things opened it was almost all beachfront :D.  Watching the green dots the beachfront lots were given out first it seems, later some interior ones.  It got VERY busy after "work" hours in the US.   I was one of the first and got a very nice "beachy" lot. The plus side is mush less flora and only nine lots in my sim (a big plus) so the FPS should be better than some other spots. 

Glad you found a place finally. I think the waterfront lots were gone by around 2:30 judging by my message to a friend and what she found. 

My Mainland that I kept has some beach to it and against a void sim where I can toss some off-sim stuff, so that takes care of my 'beachy wants'.  Since I got a houseboat also, which gives me water, I wanted an interior location for the house.  I got one that has trees and rocky foothills behind me and not on the road - all of which is perfect for me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see I was in too much of a hurry - when it started it seems like the only places they were offering were near the water. Hours later parcels were being populated all the way back to the foothills. I found it exciting watching all the newcomers starting to landscape and add features.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a great surprise to log in today to find the new Linden Homes. Got a great houseboat on my first try that is right on the outer docks by the open water. Explored and found everything was way better than I expected. The Lindens and moles did a fantastic job and got it perfect. Patch you are a God 😉

Also what I noticed was the immediate community atmosphere and the vibrant action everywhere. Neighbours saying hello and people sailing, walking and airplane flying everywhere just like it was 2007 again. If this does not attract more premium members than nothing will. Outstanding. The place was packed and NO LAG!!!!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I think the waterfront lots were gone by around 2:30 judging by my message to a friend and what she found.  

I was really lucky and got one.

Until further notice, I'm going to leave it open as a rez zone.

rezzonereeds.thumb.png.1b5b55ca8a35ca3f2fe356100b716108.png

Rez your boat here. Reeds Landing. 20 minute autoreturn. Please don't make trouble. I'd like to keep this open.

My NPC security guard will say hello, then leave you alone.

I also have a bike rezzer out by the road, if you need wheels.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RuffertasAlt said:

I see I was in too much of a hurry - when it started it seems like the only places they were offering were near the water. Hours later parcels were being populated all the way back to the foothills. I found it exciting watching all the newcomers starting to landscape and add features.

You can move :D.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The textures for the traditional homes are coming. You'll be able to grab the content box from the mailbox when that update comes through. Give them some time there's a lot going on with everyone moving in. I expected a lot from this new build and I wasn't disappointed at all. Great job. I love the feeling of community already. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, animats said:

I was really lucky and got one.

Until further notice, I'm going to leave it open as a rez zone.

rezzonereeds.thumb.png.1b5b55ca8a35ca3f2fe356100b716108.png

Rez your boat here. Reeds Landing. 20 minute autoreturn. Please don't make trouble. I'd like to keep this open.

My NPC security guard will say hello, then leave you alone.

I also have a bike rezzer out by the road, if you need wheels. 

Wonderfull Idea buddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone been able to change the type of their houseboat? My friend's got a houseboat and is clicking the lifebuoy/housecontroller to try and change it, but it's not working

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

that's a terrible idea ... multi region glitch grief party here we come

We'll see. My place in Vallone is set up the same way, and hasn't been much of a problem.

I'm hoping to see some activity around here. The old Linden Labs continent is so dead.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Wow, this happens when I am sleeping?

But, I got a house with a view to my alts houseboat!!! /me does happy dance

I wonder if they open it region by region, so we ended up here, both of us. The houseboat is a bit to the Northeast, but I can see it- And look, I have my morning sun view! And the land isn't totally flat. I live on top of the cliffs.

 

 

0800 Clouded_002a.png

Edited by Marianne Little
Added image.
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new Linden Homes continent is spectacular. A very well done job by the Lindens and Moles. No lag whatsoever and great diversity in homes and land and most important is the feeling of community is back and the area is vibrant and teaming with life just like the glory days of early Second Life.

Any member of the general public who is not familiar with SL and sees a video of this could not resist trying it out. This will attract many many new members without a doubt.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too was extremely disappointed that there are no Rez Zones.  All over mainland on the roads, there are Rez Zones.  Scattered all around Blake Sea, there are Rez Zones. I really don't understand how they could not have them here.

Having looked around and hopped around, I really think they need to get rid of that 5 house limit - I went through 5 and have to wait 24 hours to try again.  The problem right now is that everything is already 'picked over' increasing the likelihood that you are getting something that somebody else rejected earlier in the day and you won't want it either.  If I had been paying closer attention, I'd have made selection differently on my 5th attempt and gone back to a Quad.  I know of several people who ran through their 5 and could not find anything worth keeping.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first post here as I am new to the forums.  I have been lurking for about a week.   My alt was able to get a traditional that backs up to water on the Esper region.  I am so excited to have people around me.   I used my allotted five tries on my main account not finding that perfect for me plot.  I'll try again tomorrow and maybe shoot for an interior piece of ground if any are available lol.  I love, love, love what Linden Labs has done with this new continent.  So much more than I could have imagined.   Thank you! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xViXeNx71 said:

Has anyone been able to change the type of their houseboat? My friend's got a houseboat and is clicking the lifebuoy/housecontroller to try and change it, but it's not working

The problem has been fixed. Thanks again for your help Abnor Mole!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...