SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

6 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

One of the houseboats near me has put a helicopter pad on their upper deck.  Not sure how I feel about that.

Is it obstructing your view?  Is there a helicopter on it, or just a pad?  Since you are a land lover, how can you even see it?  If LL wants to ban all aircraft from the Premium homes and houseboats, they need to add that to the TOS.  Every mainland and sailing sims I have lived in supported both boats and aircraft.  You are complaining about an empty helipad, what about the ugly boats parked near the houseboats then?  

Sea access and real connected mainland is the biggest attraction for many here.  The land bound homeowners who just like to decorate their houses and hate vehicles and travel should probably be moved to a no fly no water zone. 

Helicopters are popular because they don't need an airport.  I have not see many planes flying around - since there is no airport to take off or land.

My Helicopter is rezzed on a sky platform above 2000 meters, btw.  But I've been known to fly down to land on my pad for a hour.  Flying around at 2000 meters is rather boring, just blue sky and clouds.  Can't even see the continent. Too bad its the homemakers against the sailors and pilots already.  I can see cars and bikes being banned next.  

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Is it obstructing your view?  Is there a helicopter on it, or just a pad? 

Helipad, with helicopter, when it isn't out being flown.  And more noisy than a boat when sitting there running.  It is a minor view obstruction, but only in that one direction.  Hence why I'm ambivalent on my feelings about it.

15 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Since you are a land lover, how can you even see it?

Not sure where you got that.  When I said "near me", I meant a few houseboats away from MY HOUSEBOAT.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Helipad, with helicopter, when it isn't out being flown.  And more noisy than a boat when sitting there running.  It is a minor view obstruction, but only in that one direction.  Hence why I'm ambivalent on my feelings about it.

Not sure where you got that.  When I said "near me", I meant a few houseboats away from MY HOUSEBOAT.

There is a HEIGHT limitation in the covenant. I think it is 15 meters for some things (like TREES come to mind). If it is up higher than that it is probably against the covenant. It certainly doesn't seem all that "in theme" to me and the noise should be limited to THAT PARCEL, so a few things you could send in a report on.   

I am guessing this is in with the houseboats?  If so how many helapads are there on boat docks in the "real world"?  :D.

Someone told me they saw two skyboxes on STILTS over on the docks. Obviously some folks are NOT reading the rules LOL.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

So I am seeing a TON of reports that The Lab is going to fill up both land and houseboat areas with more plots "like immediately". Also a lot of other reports that seem beyond far-fetched so will leave those out. I know the houseboats were scarfed up quickly but Patched warned folks to get in theirs early and not to leave their 512 house if availability looked iffy as they would lose that house. So that doesn't sound like they had PLANS to keep filling up the land. Granted that it is likely a very good idea to do so :D.   

Does someone have an official comment on this? All I have seen is various repetitions of the info and no source. Thanks.

7 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

So I am seeing a TON of reports that The Lab is going to fill up both land and houseboat areas with more plots "like immediately". Also a lot of other reports that seem beyond far-fetched so will leave those out. I know the houseboats were scarfed up quickly but Patched warned folks to get in theirs early and not to leave their 512 house if availability looked iffy as they would lose that house. So that doesn't sound like they had PLANS to keep filling up the land. Granted that it is likely a very good idea to do so :D.   

Does someone have an official comment on this? All I have seen is various repetitions of the info and no source. Thanks.

I'm surprised the mountain / high hill areas have not been built on yet. The views would be nice looking towards the sea. 

There is still alot of empty land around and the lab will fill these spaces soon before expanding again I think. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

I'm surprised the mountain / high hill areas have not been built on yet. The views would be nice looking towards the sea. 

There is still alot of empty land around and the lab will fill these spaces soon before expanding again I think. 

If I were to wager a rather wild guess, then I would say that perhaps those areas will be given a medieval/gorean or perhaps elvish/fae theme. Something fantasy-related.
But we'll see 🙂

13 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Is it obstructing your view?  Is there a helicopter on it, or just a pad?  ... Sea access and real connected mainland is the biggest attraction for many here.  The land bound homeowners who just like to decorate their houses and hate vehicles and travel should probably be moved to a no fly no water zone. ...

I am one of those " land bound homeowners who just like to decorate their houses and hate vehicles and travel " still I see your point and agree with you. There are bound to be things rezzed by our neighbours we dislike an do not want to see, so why not just derender them?

On the other hand: one of the reasons I gave up my very nice first home with seaview were neighbours and their very LOUD motorbikes!
It will take some time till we all arrange ourselves with our neighbours, but to forbid this that and the other is not the way!

There will come a time where all kinds of homes are available as much as asked for and so if I really get annoyed with my neighbours I just abandon my home and get another one. MUCH easier to do in SL than in RL ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

If I were to wager a rather wild guess, then I would say that perhaps those areas will be given a medieval/gorean or perhaps elvish/fae theme. Something fantasy-related.
But we'll see 🙂

I would prefer them to be mountain hut and skiyng themed replacing Tahoe. I personally LOVE medieval, gorean and phantsy regions, but better they come later and have a whole continent of their own so when you fly or wander about you stay in your TIME.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

On the other hand: one of the reasons I gave up my very nice first home with seaview were neighbours and their very LOUD motorbikes!

You could have also asked your noisy neighbors to just check the  box "Restrict gesture and object sounds to this parcel", in About Land/Sound.

Then you would never hear any sound script from your neighbors again.  Too bad this box is not checked as default in About Land.

There is another setting that you can make, called Sound Rolloff, in the debug menu.  That reduces far away sounds more than the 1.0 default setting.

Another problem is many users have their sound card set for audio compression, (or equalization as some Chinese companies incorrectly call it.)

Turn off their builit in audio compression and restore the dynamic range of sound, meaning far away objects will be much lower volume.  That is a common mistake some  make, and then complain a sound is too loud from an object 50 meters away.  Well that is only because you are compressing the sound to make loud and soft sounds the same loud level, eg compressing the dynamic range.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I really learned something there!

But as to asking them ... I saw a man on his very load bike in the street ... IMed him "a bit less noise?" or some such - never got an ANSWER!

Well bikers like LOUD bikes - so he probably didn't answer because he was insulted you didn't appreciate his 100 dB pipes.   If the sound is in a public access area, like all around the premium homes, it's possible LL wants you to hear their chirping birds inside your parcel.  Something to check when there.

Are ther chirping birds? Didn't notice any so far! Would appreciate that! Intended to put a naturesoundorb in my parcel.

But I think it should be possible to only hear the sound of my parcel and nothing outside - and vice versa - like you can choose it that avatars should neither be seen nor see outside. Not like in RL - but that is one of the many advantages of SL over RL! ;)

20 minutes ago, Tank Kwaszes said:

Trying to claim one of the new homes but seems i'm only allowed to move into the old ones....or did i miss something?

All of the new homes were taken pretty quickly--within a day or less. So that's why you're not given the option. 

More are on the way. Although when, is not precisely known. The best, and only thing you can really do at the moment, is to keep refreshing, as some people are abandoning the new linden homes for various reasons. If you're lucky, and quick, you'll be able to grab one. 

13 minutes ago, fairlyprincess said:

is there a name for this new development yet?   : )

I wanna bet that SSPXT stands for Super Secret Project eXTended.

Seriously though, I think that this single region is merely a staging area.
Although if I were to muse based on what I would hope it would be, i'd have to admit that I hope/wish it would become a public marina+airstrip. Basically a fancy rez zone, but one where we can also hang out and meet others.
I know, wishful thinking...

Edited by Fritigern Gothly

Ok. Listen. Anti-Banline people. PLEASE! Let us keep this civil. I know both sides have said things that were too much, but frankly, I can only speak to my group.
Having said that. I think if a set of sims were off away from the rest that were considered "Secured" sims, then that way when you apply for your Linden home, you can select "Traditional" or "Traditional Secured." Or "Houseboat." Or "Houseboat Secured." And the secured ones are all clumped together to be together, so that both sides ultimately could get what they want.  Especially if these are not on the main paths of travel. 

4 hours ago, fairlyprincess said:

is there a name for this new development yet?   : )

595c45fd63ab1b68c746df49684f1841.jpg

4 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

I wanna bet that SSPXT stands for Super Secret Project eXTended.

I'm going with Super Secret Project for eXtraTerrestrials.  They did say there would be multiple themes/styles.   :D

• Haha 1