SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I did a tour of all the places that "looked" like they should be rez zones and ran into someone else who had wondered. I couldn't find ANY rez zones, so if you want to rez your boat it seems like you will need to go for a houseboat and moor there.  

I thankfully found a handful of homes where people had utilized open rez with the return timer. I was able to rez out my car without going home. I left them a thank you note. Also folks. BAN LINES SUCK. Get an orb or do like those wonderful neighbors did and use the item return timer. 

• Like 3

It's a bit a shame you cannot rezz a boat at normal homes. U have nice one wuth view on water. but the parcel ends far away from the water. LL could have made some homes with a water area to.curious if i get a road. That's other think people cannot park car on the parcel and drive to the road.

Still nice houses.

3 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

This morning when things opened it was almost all beachfront :D.  Watching the green dots the beachfront lots were given out first it seems, later some interior ones.  It got VERY busy after "work" hours in the US.   I was one of the first and got a very nice "beachy" lot. The plus side is mush less flora and only nine lots in my sim (a big plus) so the FPS should be better than some other spots. 

I did do 3 rounds after i did hear the where open. I have a very nice beach plot now with view to open water. And a part that's not finished 😀 Think not get a better one.

It where to late to look deeper into it. This home looks like a keeper.

• Like 2

I and some friends flew over to check out the continent and we basically circumnavigated it. Pretty neat! Loved the light houses and the little protected islands! Alas, we had the usual problems. We flew above ban lines, but ran into the usual issues with orbs. And sim crossings meant constantly having to land and pick someone up who got booted. 

One thing that seemed nice was that the larger river passages were large enough to stay on them and there was, for the most part, enough space to circumnavigate the island at least by helicopter. Don’t think a sailboat could make it through given limitations posed by wind direction. 

Personally, I am going to keep my non-LH land, but those moving into the new Linden Home neighborhood look like they are moving into a pretty nifty space. I hope it stays that way for a while and that LL is willing to do the management needed to keep it that way. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

Will be interesting to see how vigilant LL is about making sure stuff stays "in theme".  I went for a look a few hours ago and saw two houseboats which had skyboxes rezzed next to them, mounted on posts :(

We'll see. The continent is much better than I thought. More variety. I thought it was going to be totally flat, but it's some variation. But nothing as exstreme as some places on Mainland.

• Like 1

I did a long sail all around the Bellisseria continent, no rez zones anywhere. I crashed once near the northern coast. There is a place on Southern coast of Sansara where it's possible to rez a boat. So I didn't had to start my cruise all over from the very beginning.

My house is located near the sea and I can launch my boat from there. When I want to go sailing I just rez the boat on the parcel with the boat stand. Then I just hop on the boat wheel and the boat starts launching itself towards the sea. However the distance to the sea is a bit too much for automatic launching and thus I need to give the boat a helping push with edit.

First impressions of this new Bellisseria continent is that it looks like a paradise compared to the old Linden homes continent. Excellent job done. 🙂 ❤️

2019-04-16_boat-launch.thumb.jpg.8b1014734cee7b57e38d27389b02dfcf.jpg

• Like 11

39 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

I did a long sail all around the Bellisseria continent, no rez zones anywhere. I crashed once near the northern coast. There is a place on Southern coast of Sansara where it's possible to rez a boat. So I didn't had to start my cruise all over from the very beginning.

My house is located near the sea and I can launch my boat from there. When I want to go sailing I just rez the boat on the parcel with the boat stand. Then I just hop on the boat wheel and the boat starts launching itself towards the sea. However the distance to the sea is a bit too much for automatic launching and thus I need to give the boat a helping push with edit.

First impressions of this new Bellisseria continent is that it looks like a paradise compared to the old Linden homes continent. Excellent job done. 🙂 ❤️

Wow,  you got the best place of all!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

Oh wow!  Location, location, location!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

We'll see. The continent is much better than I thought. More variety. I thought it was going to be totally flat, but it's some variation. But nothing as exstreme as some places on Mainland.

Well see, there's the thing. Someone needs to go clean up either the "about your linden home" or the linden home knowledgebase. 

The Knowledgebase says :

"Also, you agree that your Linden Home:

• Is for residential use only.  Business use of any kind is prohibited, including parcel rental, rental boxes, classified ads or other forms of advertising, and event listings.
  • Will be kept presentable and in-theme.
  • Does not include traffic tracking.
  • Land cannot contain sky boxes, temporary object rezzers, or individual prims beyond the maximum size allowed by the Second Life Viewer build tools."

However, when you're purchasing your new home, you get this information. 

"Things to know about your Linden Home*

You will use either 512 or 1024 sqm of your available Land tier based on your house selection. 

Parcel sizes can't be changed.

Terraforming is forbidden. 

Only one parcel per account. 

Buying or selling of land is prohibited. 

Zoned as non-commercial. No event or classifieds. 

Houses are permanent. 

No commerce activity. 

No sky boxes can be built under 2000 m. "

That last part implies that you can, in fact, have sky boxes they just have to stay above 2000m.

homes.png

3 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

What pool is that? I searched for a good bit yesterday looking for a pool

I notice west of the new continent, LL has put a bunch of mole regions I don't recall being there before.  🤔  I think there were a few, but not near as many as there is now. Makes me wonder if thats because Mole regions are easier to relocate than private regions. One of them seems to be a German welcome island from the beginning of SL. I cannot imagine thats being used for anything now. Possibly more expansion areas coming??  Perhaps the new location of an existing continent ?

• Like 1

Wow, I'm really pleased with this new continent. Been around since 2005, and very few times I remember being as excited as I am right now. Maybe it's just me, but seeing this huge influx of players into this new region, slowly turning it into a bustling community, is really fun to watch. So much so, that I have barely even touched my boathouse or beach house (was among the first few to get land as well, so got very nice spots for both).

Sure, there's always the oddball here and there with their tasteless builds, etc... But, overall, I'm pleasantly surprised by how careful the current community is concerning the overall looks of their new houses and houseboats. Kudos to all of you out there.

I really hope LL will keep their focus here. If they can manage to keep the current community here as interested as they are now, they are surely going to have an influx of premium players in the nearby future. 

Things like: Rez zones; an airport; a marina; GTFO spots for sea, land and airborne; connecting the new continent to Jeogeot (and maybe cleaning up a bit more sailable area around Sansara); adding a few more cool public areas to visit (I personally think that a distant island or two - think Blake's "Siren Island" - would be great), maybe some offroad trails, etc, etc...

If they can give us enough things to do in the new continent as a communty, Bellisseria may become one of the places to be in the near future.

Now, excuse me for a bit. I just got to go back and watch the community change things around the new continent ^^

Edited by Marsellus Walcott
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

Well see, there's the thing. Someone needs to go clean up either the "about your linden home" or the linden home knowledgebase. 

The Knowledgebase says :

They have a new Wiki page, so it looks like they just need to change to Knowledgebase to point to it:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:New_Linden_Homes_2019

• Like 1

• Moles
2 hours ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

Yes, indeed.  :)   So many things to do, and all at the same time.

Everything you might want to know about the New Linden Homes is on the brand new wiki at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:New_Linden_Homes_2019 and in the covenant, which you can read in About Land.  The Knowledge Base article will be updated very soon.  As long as we still have the Old Linden Homes, though, it's bound to be a little confusing.  As you can see, we are still rolling out some features and making some adjustments that had to wait until after the new regions were open to the public. Refer to the wiki when you have questions about the New Linden Homes, and be prepared for updates there as Belliseria evolves.

Edited by Dyna Mole
  • Like 5

40 minutes ago, Constantine Linden said:

Hi everyone! We interrupt your regularly-scheduled thread to make sure everyone catches this announcement
https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/435612-securityprivacy-and-new-linden-homes/

No Ban Lines and a LL approved rational security orb (finally!)?

I'm sold! ^^

Keep up the excellent work, guys 

Edited by Marsellus Walcott
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Marsellus Walcott said:

Wow, I'm really pleased with this new continent. Been around since 2005, and very few times I remember being as excited as I am right now. Maybe it's just me, but seeing this huge influx of players into this new region, slowly turning it into a bustling community, is really fun to watch. So much so, that I have barely even touched my boathouse or beach house (was among the first few to get land as well, so got very nice spots for both).

Sure, there's always the oddball here and there with their tasteless builds, etc... But, overall, I'm pleasantly surprised by how careful the current community is concerning the overall looks of their new houses and houseboats. Kudos to all of you out there.

I really hope LL will keep their focus here. If they can manage to keep the current community here as interested as they are now, they are surely going to have an influx of premium players in the nearby future. 

Things like: Rez zones; an airport; a marina; GTFO spots for sea, land and airborne; connecting the new continent to Jeogeot (and maybe cleaning up a bit more sailable area around Sansara); adding a few more cool public areas to visit (I personally think that a distant island or two - think Blake's "Siren Island" - would be great), maybe some offroad trails, etc, etc...

If they can give us enough things to do in the new continent as a communty, Bellisseria may become one of the places to be in the near future.

Now, excuse me for a bit. I just got to go back and watch the community change things around the new continent ^^

I agree 100%. Such a vibrant, bustling place right now like SL 2007. Hope it stays this way. I have already met and friended a few neighbours and a totally different mindset than secluded private sims or vacant, ghost town mainlands.

• Like 2