SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

3 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

The BoM in 2018 promise was disappointing

I don't remember it ever being a promise. 

As for Ebbe's comments. Remember he's a big idea person. I don't remember him ever saying anything more than soon, and as a big idea person that's probably what he should be saying.

Just keep in mind Marianne that here in the forums we do a lot of speculating. What I read and what you read or any number of others here in the forums read may be interpreted differently. Unless it comes straight from the mouth of a Linden I'm not going to put too much faith in the statement. I also know that even if it came from the mouth of a Linden that unforeseen things can come up out of nowhere and throw speed bumps at them and then a project can get delayed. 

All that said, at this point, from what I've read in Inara's blog, the only thing holding up the new Linden home launch is the website with the flow for acquiring the homes. So I keep watching the website and the regions connecting the new continent with Sansara and Jeogeot. I'm pretty sure we'll be moving soon. But I'm speculating. :D 

• Like 3

On 4/6/2019 at 12:59 PM, Blush Bravin said:

Shortly after the Home and Garden Fair with the Linden Preview opened I guessed that the first phase of the Linden Homes would open right after the Home and Garden Fair closed. I still think that's the target. It closes tomorrow. I really believe that we'll see a launch by Thursday of this week or for sure by Thursday of the next week. Easter is April 21st. I am pretty sure I'll be hiding eggs on my new Linden home's lawn.

That would be great. The Lindens are normally on holiday during Easter so I don't think it will happen then. It's either this week coming, late April or early May. 

The launch is more likely to happen before SL16B. 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2019 at 4:23 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm pretty sure it isn't "a ton more", but instead a simple copy of the original ones.  My guess is that the regions were also left in the original location so the Moles could continue to work in a location that contained the entire original setup, but that the original ones will eventually go away after everything is completed elsewhere.

Patch had already said that requesting a Linden Home will be the same process as the current one.  Thus I don't think we'll see any new web pages until the day they announce the new homes for people to request and move in to.  The pages will simply replace the existing pages used to get a Linden Home.

Taking lots of time off around Easter isn't a typical thing in the US, so I'm not so sure that would impact any decisions.

I agree with Blush - I think the launch will be this coming week or the following week at the latest.

Before the end of April most likely. The Lindens have been working on this project since last August. Thank god we wont have to wait this August.

I'll be surprised if the lab launches during Easter. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

And Ebbe echoed that in some form in this video. To be fair the video was made a couple of weeks before it aired so Ebbe was automatically a bit off on that date --- but SOON seems to be the theme.

Edit: Some extra goodness stated in this video is the further readjustment of land costs (I am interpreting that as tier but not watching again in order to quote --- you guys can watch and decide for yourselves).  The mention in this video was of several long term projects coming to fruition. I was guessing the new homes and EEP --- not sure what else may be on the agenda. And of course I may have guessed incorrectly. 

Good way to mark 5 years at the lab I think 

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

There should be a bridge connection between Sansara and the new SSP continent like this below...

I'm a nobody only shooting from the hip with no official knowledge that the meaning of life is 42 or anything else, but I do believe that was, more or less, the original plan. :D

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

There should be a bridge connection between Sansara and the new SSP continent like this below...

But there are no roads on the south coast of Sansara. The nearest road is about five regions away from the coast region (Platinum). If a road was built from Black to Platinum only then it would make sense to make a long bridge (about three regions in length) from Platinum, diagonally to south east to Jacinto.

The road would be possible, there is Linden owned land on the way. New road would be a bit over 1 kilometer long and the bridge a bit less than 1 kilometer.

2019-04-09_Sansara-Linden-Homes-road-connection.thumb.jpg.3f5406fd609fb00284c15c5ad9350d6c.jpg

Edited by Coby Foden
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

But there are no roads on the south coast of Sansara. The nearest road is about five regions away from the coast region (Platinum). If a road was built from Black to Platinum only then it would make sense to make a long bridge (about three regions in length) from Platinum, diagonally to south east to Jacinto.

The road would be possible, there is Linden owned land on the way. New road would be a bit over 1 kilometer long and the bridge a bit less than 1 kilometer.

2019-04-09_Sansara-Linden-Homes-road-connection.thumb.jpg.3f5406fd609fb00284c15c5ad9350d6c.jpg

i second this idea.

just checked myself and it can work. from http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Black/96/27/106 to patch's rental sims is all abandoned land, LL could totally do a new road and auction off all the surrounding land.

Edited by VenKellie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I like how you cover your bases!

Example: When Linden Lab was asked, a few years ago, if they will close the Teen Grid the answer was "We have no plans at this time to close the Teen Grid." - gullible people reading it saw "Not closing grid that this time" - Experienced observers saw "No PLANS at this time" - meaning they aren't saying no to the question, they are just saying "not yet".

13 years of studying the Linden language has allowed me to observe and learn how to answer questions without actually answering them, neither appearing to cover bases or overtly leave them wide open, because it's not only the words you choose to use but also the order in which you place them into the sentence, then the order in which the sentence is placed into the paragraph, but all of this is mostly conjecture based observation, so I could definitely possibly, maybe, be wrong about any, all, or none of it.

To be perfectly truthful about it.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Example: When Linden Lab was asked, a few years ago, if they will close the Teen Grid the answer was "We have no plans at this time to close the Teen Grid." - gullible people reading it saw "Not closing grid that this time" - Experienced observers saw "No PLANS at this time" - meaning they aren't saying no to the question, they are just saying "not yet".

13 years of studying the Linden language has allowed me to observe and learn how to answer questions without actually answering them, neither appearing to cover bases or overtly leave them wide open, because it's not only the words you choose to use but also the order in which you place them into the sentence, then the order in which the sentence is placed into the paragraph, but all of this is mostly conjecture based observation, so I could definitely possibly, maybe, be wrong about any, all, or none of it.

To be perfectly truthful about it.

I'm a former TG resident and transferred in mid December 2008. It took a long time for the lab to merge grids pre-2011 and here is some history of what happened. 

The former TG continent still remains today (Lewis) and some of the original builds are still there. 

1 hour ago, Daniel Voyager said:

I'm a former TG resident and transferred in mid December 2008. It took a long time for the lab to merge grids pre-2011 and here is some history of what happened. 

The former TG continent still remains today (Lewis) and some of the original builds are still there. 

I remember you; I used to read your blog all the time, like almost every day. :) Though I specifically recall every time LL stated "there are no plans..." or "we have no plans..." they almost always include "...at this time". :) Either way, to me the word "no plans" was the operative, meaning "They're gonna do it, they just haven't finished the planning of it yet." People are so amazingly gullible and always read into anything written or said the say what they want it to say. World Politics is the shining example. LOL

Ironically, at the same time, perhaps because I was able to read their communication clearly and even understand the true meaning or intent of it, I also always gave the Lindens a lot more slack than many people did. They're just trying to do their jobs and cover their derrieres and we all try to do that. :)

• Like 1

Super happy to see a new sub forum just for Linden Homes. And all those threads scattered about in the forums have been moved to one handy spot! 

I've been absent from the forums because my mother was in the hospital and I was staying with her. She's better now and at home. It was a nice homecoming seeing this new sub forum.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Super happy to see a new sub forum just for Linden Homes. And all those threads scattered about in the forums have been moved to one handy spot! 

And once the initial rush is over we will have an almost dead sub-Forum :D

Edited by Fionalein

2 hours ago, Fionalein said:

And once the initial rush is over we will have an almost dead sub-Forum :D

Not so sure about that since (in theory) they will be working on more styles of houses (the trailer park comes to mind) which will (again in theory according to Inara's blog) be unveiled (hopefully) at SL16B. So still probably plenty of things to watch and wonder about :D.

• Like 1

While it has been very quiet over at SSP as well as the soon to be unveiled new homes, I spotted some new layout prims in the "trailer park" today.   So some energetic mole is still busily working on things to come this summer (maybe :D).  Since the green dots have been fairly absent (at least when I have looked) I am guessing that the current work is done and we are waiting either for "timing" or the web interface to be complete. 

image.png.cfac1a2ecf9f67ec47ffa4f4c356bd47.png

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RuffertasAlt said:

Am I the only one who has tried to cam over there? I'm guessing they have some kind of invisibility cloak thing going on.

There is no "invisibility cloak". We cannot cam in because the new Linden homes continent is still totally isolated from the regions where we can go. We cannot cam into any region over voids.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

While it has been very quiet over at SSP as well as the soon to be unveiled new homes, I spotted some new layout prims in the "trailer park" today.   So some energetic mole is still busily working on things to come this summer (maybe :D).  Since the green dots have been fairly absent (at least when I have looked) I am guessing that the current work is done and we are waiting either for "timing" or the web interface to be complete.

I've been thinking the same thing, very quiet recently, but noticed 10 dots there yesterday when I happened to check the map. They seemed to be fanning out over the SSPE continent. Maybe some last-minute QA?!?

20190411_10dots.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

There is no "invisibility cloak". We cannot cam in because the new Linden homes continent is still totally isolated from the regions where we can go. We cannot cam into any region over voids.

Even with the max draw distance we still can't see anything nearby. Shame really. 

I'm wondering what the lab plans to do down south over at the original SSP regions. They remain empty or are they ?