SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

Personally, the latest I've seen a Linden (in this case, Whitney) release a single region by hand was 6:30 PM SLT. 

However, the large theme releases seem nowadays to work a little differently. They invariably start fairly early in the day, SLT.  Up to about 10:30ish.

For the log homes, on the first day, they released a single region, sort of a trial balloon.  They did that for the Vics too.  Then a BUNCH of regions were released, seemingly simultaneously. It seemed to me that they did that a few times in the first couple of days.  After that, the regions seemed to be in a continuously running queue (or set of queues) calibrated to release them at a rate proportional to how quickly the homes were being claimed.  Therefore, overnight (when fewer residents are active and claiming homes), the regions trickled out slower than during the day.   These are all just empirical observations; wouldn't be surprised if the "queue" theory were erroneous; that's just how the most recent large releases SEEMED to me to work.

If a large release includes more than one type of home, they seem to be in separate queues.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, LoganPryor said:

I don't think they'll release this week - too much going on with uplift. Next week on Monday is possible, as support will be open until Wednesday - time to resolve any glitches.

Next Monday would be very dependent on how many of their folks are taking time off before Thursday.  Support being open is not enough for a new theme release.  Patch has said multiple times that he needs people from many departments to support a release.  

If it is anything like my company, folks did not take as much vacation time during the spring/summer/fall due to Covid.  Therefore, we have a higher than usual amount of people taking all of next week off of work - they need to use up vacation before year end.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
grammar
  • Like 3

I recall Patch indicating that it was not likely for a new theme release to come during the Thanksgiving holiday week.  I'm putting my money during the Christmas Expo time line. Dec. 4th - Dec. 13th, 2020.  And being that the 4th is on a Friday, they never do a new theme release before a weekend, in case of hiccups. I'll wager its more likely to be around the 7th or the week after the expo ends. 🤔

Afterthought:  2019 Christmas Expo was Dec. 5th - Dec. 15th.  The new Victorian theme was released on Dec. 16th, the day after it ended. deja vu? December 14th, Monday?

Edited by PrudenceAnton
time line error
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I was thinking maybe right before the expo, you know, Mon 30th, 1st or 2nd.  Do you think that's a bad bet, Pru?  Presumably most of the moles' contributions to the expo will be done by then.

It could be, Nika!  I guess my personal feeling is, many moles, Lindens will be busy that week for finalizing preparations for the Christmas Expo 2020, so maybe not?  But as we know, anything is possible where moles and Lindens are concerned to prove us wrong. 😁

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

It could be, Nika!  I guess my personal feeling is, many moles, Lindens will be busy that week for finalizing preparations for the Christmas Expo 2020, so maybe not?  But as we know, anything is possible where moles and Lindens are concerned to prove us wrong. 😁

/me nods.  I was just thinking that they probably wouldn't want to steal any thunder from the expo by doing a theme release DURING it, and Dec. 14th is almost 4 weeks away.  They're going to have to send someone out to put another coat of preservative on those stilts!

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

I don't think any Stilt home releases will happen today. The lab is focused on the cloud at the moment and preparations for the SL Christmas Expo 2020.  

We will be performing rolling restarts for regions on the SLS Channels on Thursday, November 19th, beginning at 7:00 AM PDT. During this time regions will also be Uplifted to the cloud. Please refrain from rezzing no copy objects and remember to save all builds. Please check this blog for updates.

https://status.secondlifegrid.net/

Last year the Victorian theme was open to the public on the Linden Reveal region around 6am SLT ish on Thursday 5th December 2019. 

I wonder if it will be open on a Thursday this year. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

If I remember right, did not LL load up a whole load of regions - both Victorians, and later Log Homes, and let them be released automatic? The Victorians and later Log Homes, lasted for a week(?) for Victorians and two weeks (?) for Log Homes?

I am sure that the process did not release whole regions at once. It was time to watch some houses be taken, and then the rest of the region filled up slowly. More slowly than when Whitney Linden released one. With a manual release it is bam! All taken.

So one region or two was tested, and then the rest run automatic.

Edit: My wild guess is that the release starts Monday after the Thanksgiving weekend. Or Tuesday.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 4

1. watching home page for Stilts to come up

2. refreshing Patch's flickr page

3. Watching Patch's New Linden Update page

4. Eying the Stilt regions off line to come back again

5. Monitoring the group chats

6. Puts in a call to her doctor for a new prescription. "Hey, doc? Whatcha got for a jittery nerves?"

(I'm sure its just cloud testing, but omg....what if I'm wrong????) 🤪

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

29 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Makes one a bit jumpy when ALL the Stilt regions go off line together.

f9ce04ff0217719ba924fbb2b50cbdcc.png.ece80e7f5adf174f9c8e01ac40c6547e.png

Does anyone else remember when the entire Vic coastline reset, and then immediately released?

I am totally with you on how nervewracking this is to see, Pru!

/me repeats to herself: today's grid upgrade supposedly ends at 10:30 ... not now... 10:30 ....

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2