SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

22 minutes ago, foneco Zuzu said:

Ok; Not joking but it would be a nice idea to have a group in world just for upcoming releases.

Like one made by the linden where users could join and receive news and so on.

Given how messed up group chat and notices are these days, even if such a group existed, LL would not use it as the official announcement area.  An announcement would likely be made there after the official thread here was updated.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

How do they look when they are offline? red? invisible?

I see them all as they have been since days (with Singularity) only the red hi is gone.

Totally red and if you click on them they show as "invalid location".  And yeah, the "Hi" is gone.  14 offline now but no exclamation points, sadly...  Using Firestorm.

Edited by Leora Greenwood
correctness

10 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I see 16 or so of the new regions offline, fewer than before, but no idea what it means.  Random restarts perhaps?

Yes, many regions are having restarts.

The water level  is now aligned with the landscape at the connection on the log continent closest to the stilts

• Thanks 4

I keep looking at the map of the stilt area and thinking it might be too crowded for me (and my non driving skills) to navigate without ending up in someone's living room.  Maybe I should invest in a minisub so I only hit the deck supports and save myself the embarrassment of jet skiing through your kitchen.

Maybe a rowboat would be slow enough.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Just two links as a possible explanation and/or big  sorry and apologize if I spoil the anticipation

https://status.secondlifegrid.net/  

Rolling Restarts

and now the more important thingie

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/464361-deploy-plan-for-the-week-of-2020-11-16/?tab=comments#comment-2216215

in particular

We will be moving the rest* of the Second Life Server channel currently running in the datacenter to the cloud running version 552183 Thursday 2020-11-19 07:00-10:30

I guess the stilts will have to wait until after the uplift. crosses your fingers that all goes well ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

5 minutes ago, Moe McAlpine said:

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/464361-deploy-plan-for-the-week-of-2020-11-16/?tab=comments#comment-2216215

in particular

I guess the stilts will have to wait until after the uplift. crosses your fingers that all goes well ;)

Yeah, that was noted yesterday morning as a reason that the release may not get to happen at all this week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Totally red and if you click on them they show as "invalid location".  And yeah, the "Hi" is gone.  14 offline now but no exclamation points, sadly...  Using Firestorm.

2 hours ago, Moe McAlpine said:

Just two links as a possible explanation and/or big  sorry and apologize if I spoil the anticipation

https://status.secondlifegrid.net/  

Rolling Restarts

in particular

Personally, I think it would be bizarre to have the stilt regions in datacentre servers and not start in cloud servers. Today (Wednesday) LL are doing rolling restarts on Main Channel regions already in the cloud, so in that case seeing stilt regions restarting would be expected.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I've seen them working much later than that (even at 8 PM SLT), and I have also seen releases after 3 PM SLT. 

I vaguely remember seeing  a release an hour or two later than that as well(normal region), but doesn't seem too often.

I'd imagine right now if they are, they're likely working on the winter thing.

4 minutes ago, RitaCallisto said:

I vaguely remember seeing  a release an hour or two later than that as well(normal region), but doesn't seem too often.

I'd imagine right now if they are, they're likely working on the winter thing.

There has definitely been at least one late night release; I believe it was log cabins but I don't have time to try to wade through the GOH thread to find the specifics. I know it happened, though, because I caught a home in that release, and there were complaints because a lot of people were asleep at the time.

At any rate, and I'm not even sure if by "they" you mean Lindens and/or Moles, I don't think stilts will come out this week. I do think that they are working on them (and futures themes) as we speak. 

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

There has definitely been at least one late night release; I believe it was log cabins but I don't have time to try to wade through the GOH thread to find the specifics. I know it happened, though, because I caught a home in that release, and there were complaints because a lot of people were asleep at the time.

At any rate, and I'm not even sure if by "they" you mean Lindens and/or Moles, I don't think stilts will come out this week. I do think that they are working on them (and futures themes) as we speak. 

I don't figure they're coming this week either. I must have missed that release for the cabins though, lol. I do mean the Lindens and Moles, or even moreso the Moles. I don't expect stilts until the week after Thanksgiving, but it doesn't bother me. I don't get overly excited about these things, so they come when they come.