SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

1 minute ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Not name calling, mentioning observed personality traits is not name calling. Perhaps you should listen when someone tries to educate you.

Also, if the moles indeed call them chalets in spite of Patch referring to them as fachwerkhaus, then yes, they must be ignorant.

As for ignorance, here, let me educate you on the very meaning of the word:image.png.b7a86e7f928a9fbd16d4dd2758b6bd54.png

I don't need education from you, but thanks for the offer. Nor do I need any analysis, but thanks for that as well. 

I'm going to go enjoy SL now. As they used to say around here, "your world, your imagination", and in MY world, I'm gonna call them chalets. :)   

tenor-26316443.gif

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

I wish people (including LL) would stop calling the next theme "Chalets", they are Fachwerk houses. 

This is what a chalet looks like:
Chalet des Grands Bois rental | Reserve the entire chalet

This is what a fachwerk house looks like:
File:Alfter Fachwerkhaus Hertersplatz 13 (01).png - Wikimedia Commons

I'm from Europe, so I KNOW that the new homes aren't really chalets, but since that's how the moles/LL named the theme, that's how I'm going to refer it to.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Unlikely to be LH regions the map has been borked quite a while if these regions have been moved the map hasn't updated

Some elements of the map are working.

You can see where a region is, you can even see the parcel boundaries correctly on Firestorm. It is the image on the map tiles that hasn't been updated since November last year. And also that the images don't scale as you draw camera out, they just vanish.

The image I posted of the new regions in their context is from a friend that has a system for taking the map tile images and assembling them again to make bigger maps. 

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 6

On 3/12/2021 at 4:58 AM, Fritigern Gothly said:

Can't we just name things the way they are? Even Patch refers to them as fachwerkhaus.

On 3/12/2021 at 5:00 AM, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Can't we just chill and enjoy the new houses without nitpicking and complaining? (Rhetorical.)

On 3/12/2021 at 5:02 AM, Fritigern Gothly said:

Can't you just sit on your hands and stop complaining when someone is just right?

Just a suggestion from a German native speaker to our quarrel-loving friends:

They definitely are (look like) not Chalets but Fachwerk- houses ... but the latter is quite a mouthfull and unknown / irritating to people who have never vistited Germany (or Austria or Switzerland) and seen them.

So let this quite virtual homes be named Chalets and be happy with it.

SL and RL faintly look alike but are not the same! ;)

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

While they work on the new chalet (presumably) continent, the moles are also zipping through new stilt regions.  Today I noticed 12 new SSPE stilt regions filling in the gap between the upper and lower wings of Margaritaville, outlined in purple,  that aren't as yet showing on the map at all.  {Apologies if someone has already mentioned these, I did scan the last few pages of this thread before posting, butcha never know.)

Flying through them, I see a lot of long, narrow pieces of land that could accommodate many of the very popular type of home, the Stilt-on-Land with deck overhanging water.

435710231_Newstiltregions.thumb.JPG.f5735acb95de6b87e403447de6810507.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

While they work on the new chalet (presumably) continent, the moles are also zipping through new stilt regions.  Today I noticed 12 new SSPE stilt regions filling in the gap between the upper and lower wings of Margaritaville, outlined in purple,  that aren't as yet showing on the map at all.  {Apologies if someone has already mentioned these, I did scan the last few pages of this thread before posting, butcha never know.)

Flying through them, I see a lot of long, narrow pieces of land that could accommodate many of the very popular type of home, the Stilt-on-Land with deck overhanging water.

435710231_Newstiltregions.thumb.JPG.f5735acb95de6b87e403447de6810507.JPG

Thanks so much for spotting and sharing this development @Nika Talaj

As I have a HB nearby I went out in my boat and thought I'd share how the mini-map looks at the moment.

image.png.cc8902f33530ebd34ba476bdd49eb0f9.png

image.png.1b7b94df36ad10f3f2d59b63d9816a4a.png

image.png.2b2d9f00a3e8ba88d45ba894646c5a41.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

On 3/11/2021 at 11:46 PM, Aethelwine said:

Another view of the new regions:

Belli-Satori-2021-03-09-labels.thumb.jpg.f32ea21ce8e886d8b1cac1a8d75e0a3d.jpg

I can't see a connection from Jeogeot being put in all the way to Satori just for planes to get stuck in an orb in South Satori. They will have to build up a waterway along the coast to Atanua, which opens up travel all the way to Gaeta V.

It is really exciting to watch this developing

Took a closer look at these regions and found several (but the minority) of them are either German or meant to sound German ... these are ...

Schneebank - Wiesenbriese - Mariesteich - Tritt - Lachender Bach - Heraus - Gebuesch - Waldblick - Arnarheim ?? - Ziegenkaese - Eichenhain - Vergessener See - Trinkgeld - Hertzenskind (F) - Wolfskamm - Oberhasli?? - Huebsche - Englesdorf (F) - Ziemlich - Bachmann - Forellensee - Omas Kuh - Berghochzeit - Muehlenbach - Heidi - Schuss - Leuchtkaefer - Bergheim - Ruebenwurzel

Where I put (F) they are spelled incorrectly
Where I put ?? I am not sure I read right ... isn't German but Doubledutch ;)

Only about half of them make sense as names of a region (imho) ... translations ...

Snowbench - Meadowbreeze - Mary's pond - Kick - laughing creek - out - shrubbery - wood outlook - xxx ??? heim means home Arnar means nothing - goat cheese - oak grove - forgotten lake - tip - Herzenskind means child of my heart there is no T in Herzens - wolfs ridge - xxx ??? ober is upper but hasli means nothing - pretty (fem.) - Engelsdorf (not Engles..) means village of angels - rather - creekman (used as a Surname) - troutlake - Granny's cow - mountain wedding - mill creek - Heidi is a girls first name - shot - firefly - mountain home - turnip root.

Well make of this what you please! *lol*

Thought people may like to know what the name of their region means.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 8

17 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Took a closer look at these regions and found several (but the minority) of them are either German or meant to sound German ... these are ...

Schneebank - Wiesenbriese - Mariesteich - Tritt - Lachender Bach - Heraus - Gebuesch - Waldblick - Arnarheim ?? - Ziegenkaese - Eichenhain - Vergessener See - Trinkgeld - Hertzenskind (F) - Wolfskamm - Oberhasli?? - Huebsche - Englesdorf (F) - Ziemlich - Bachmann - Forellensee - Omas Kuh - Berghochzeit - Muehlenbach - Heidi - Schuss - Leuchtkaefer - Bergheim - Ruebenwurzel

Where I put (F) they are spelled incorrectly
Where I put ?? I am not sure I read right ... isn't German but Doubledutch ;)

Only about half of them make sense as names of a region (imho) ... translations ...

Snowbench - Meadowbreeze - Mary's pond - Kick - laughing creek - out - shrubbery - wood outlook - xxx ??? heim means home Arnar means nothing - goat cheese - oak grove - forgotten lake - tip - Herzenskind means child of my heart there is no T in Herzens - wolfs ridge - xxx ??? ober is upper but hasli means nothing - pretty (fem.) - Engelsdorf (not Engles..) means village of angels - rather - creekman (used as a Surname) - troutlake - Granny's cow - mountain wedding - mill creek - Heidi is a girls first name - shot - firefly - mountain home - turnip root.

Well make of this what you please! *lol*

Thought people may like to know what the name of their region means.

Fascinating, thank you so much!!!  I may need to try for some of those, just for the names!  :D  :D 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/11/2021 at 1:41 PM, Fritigern Gothly said:

This is what a chalet looks like:
Chalet des Grands Bois rental | Reserve the entire chalet

Hmm. During childhood walks to/from our beach, I routinely changed into and out of my swimwear in our backyard "chalet", which looks exactly like this...

1018081045_MaddysOuthouse.thumb.jpg.a0c9cfcb7151e7d1b58dc7e5ad00ad92.jpg

It looked a little better during my childhood, but not much. I looked a lot better during my childhood, so I'm jealous of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

Sometimes it pays in the form of discovery when I click on the land page for the fun of it. I clicked on a Vic, and when I landed I noticed that there was an unnamed region next door. When I flew around the neighboring regions I came to the edge of the continent in SSPE1456. 

I found this gem of a lookout.   http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPE1456/215/77/51

Seaview Lookout at SSPE1456.jpg

Seaview Lookout at SSPE1456 - 2.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

Sometimes it pays in the form of discovery when I click on the land page for the fun of it. I clicked on a Vic, and when I landed I noticed that there was an unnamed region next door. When I flew around the neighboring regions I came to the edge of the continent in SSPE1456. 

I found this gem of a lookout.   http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPE1456/215/77/51

Seaview Lookout at SSPE1456.jpg

Seaview Lookout at SSPE1456 - 2.jpg

Thanks for this exploration point. I wandered a bit past this cliff side and found another lookout bench, a boat rez pier, and a waterfall connected by a cliffside stairs to more benches and picnic table. This will be a great place to either move into a Victorian or a Log Cabin since it looks they are connected by mountain ridges.

10505416_SLBench_001.thumb.png.99a094a61624e6d9821973753022dce2.png

1508462387_SLBoatrezzone_001.thumb.png.0618699b50a7decddfb6589a6f3c3535.png

1128860212_SLBoatrezzone_002.thumb.png.861d98ef8992043e5c96900366467fd4.png

Edited by Eleanor Anderton
  • Like 9