SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

On 8/21/2018 at 8:08 AM, Garnet Psaltery said:

There's a new group of regions, possibly a new continent, it seems, with regions named SSPn.  I only know about this from seeing a Flickr photo by Daniel Voyager.  Does anyone know what it's for? 

New 80 SSP regions arrives on the grid

Look at the wide-arced coastline! I'm thinking more boathouses! :)

4 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Look at the wide-arced coastline! I'm thinking more boathouses! :)

Patch posted and it is the "soon to be" additional boat houses.   Hopefully they will be out in the ocean a bit. I doubt that folks who picked "unobstructed view with no boats" would be very happy to find that the neighborhood had changed abruptly. I am pretty sure Patch gets that :D.    

Currently they are on the map below the SSP sims. It is an "atole" kind of place -- only boats. 

• Thanks 1

Someone pointed this out to me because I was not smart enough to figure this out on my own 🙂 

The pic on the left is the "Squishy Pickle", the one on the right is the regular pickle, also known as "the eastern island of SSP" (SSP156 would be the top left region)
So now we know where the extra houseboats are going to go 🙂

image.thumb.png.00907edccf145d39c379ebc4a3d4ad58.png

6 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Someone pointed this out to me because I was not smart enough to figure this out on my own 🙂 

The pic on the left is the "Squishy Pickle", the one on the right is the regular pickle, also known as "the eastern island of SSP" (SSP156 would be the top left region)

Yeah, that makes sense.  Especially given the overwhelming popularity of the houseboats and how (fairly) easy it would be to convert that island into sandbars and boat slips.  Rather nifty idea that someone came up with.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

A major new development going on now far south of the SSP regions (original ones). 

Looks to be more houseboats from the looks of things. 

Extra SSP regions.PNG

A few Moles working lol 

Extra SSP regions 1.PNG

Well now, that makes sense.  Glad you're keeping an eye on the SSP's

17 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

Uh oh.... Operation squishy pickle has been found!

You cannot hide from us!  We also have pitchforks and torches. 😉

17 hours ago, fairlyprincess said:

is there a name for this new development yet?   : )

595c45fd63ab1b68c746df49684f1841.jpg

I would lay money on that eventually becoming "Belliseria City"  with an airport and marina.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Gah!  You found the original pickle!  🤣

Everyone knows....  the entire continent looks like a dragon eating a pickle... right?

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

What a beautiful light house area at the southernmost tip of the existing continent -- I hope you put a few more of those in the new 'pickle' area. I didn't think I'd like a boathouse but these areas are gorgeous...all the water surrounding them and a small sandy spot for a sand garden..

5 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

Gah!  You found the original pickle!  🤣

Everyone knows....  the entire continent looks like a dragon eating a pickle... right?

I think it looks like Terminator Conan ;)

terminator conan.jpg

Edited by Teager
  • Haha 10

Eighteen new water sims have appeared on the north-east coast of Jeogeot continent which links Jeogeot with it's island and the new continental sea channel.  This means Jeogoet's bay area is now reachable by sea from the SSP and Sansara continents!

I have highlighted these new sims in yellow:

559309287_Jeogoetnewcoastalsims.thumb.PNG.b8b89ebc051594fba2c5e1513600cfa9.PNG

The new sim names are (from south-west up to north east) :

Phthalo Sands, Urupa, Venetzia, Vacques Vent, Aguacristalina, Miranda Delta, Wilson Landing, Playa del Imperio, Tonga Trench, Sunny Sea, Deep Blue Hole, Harrington Sound, Blue Abyss, Rolling Waves, Dark Expanse, Termore Bay,  Arching Sea, Waves of Rugwick.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 8

22 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Eighteen new water sims have appeared on the north-east coast of Jeogeot continent which links Jeogeot with it's island and the new continental sea channel.  This means Jeogoet's bay area is now reachable by sea from the SSP and Sansara continents!

So I was right all along, LL is padding the continents so they can be circumnavigated by sea or air.

• Like 2

Btw, if @Patch Linden and his minions want to keep the SSP secrets a surprise, how about rezzing some 256x256 megaprims at 400m altitude so that no one can see whats going on underneath??!

And Patch, please, please PLEASE make the western coast of the new continent wider for large ships, the narrow 20m channel width (at Gazaway region and northwards) is woefully inadequate.

2 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Btw, if @Patch Linden and his minions want to keep the SSP secrets a surprise, how about rezzing some 256x256 megaprims at 400m altitude so that no one can see whats going on beneath??!

Shhhhhhh we don't want them to be secret! Don't give them ideas :P

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I think he finds it somewhat amusing watching us guess what all the different developments mean.

And who can blame him? I sure would be a Pickled Tink about all the silly guesses people make 🙂

P.S. Yes, I know the term is tickled pink, but I don't like pink, but I love pickles. Squishy or not 🙂

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

I have highlighted these new sims in yellow:

559309287_Jeogoetnewcoastalsims.thumb.PNG.b8b89ebc051594fba2c5e1513600cfa9.PNG

The new sim names are (from south-west up to north east) :

Phthalo Sands, Urupa, Venetzia, Vacques Vent, Aguacristalina, Miranda Delta, Wilson Landing, Playa del Imperio, Tonga Trench, Sunny Sea, Deep Blue Hole, Harrington Sound, Blue Abyss, Rolling Waves, Dark Expanse, Termore Bay,  Arching Sea, Waves of Rugwick.

Actually opened up a couple days ago. Taken a few nice long flights from the gulf to places like Abbots. Be careful of Bolga(i think it was)  though it'll crash you, meant to report that to concierges today but got caught up in work and forgot >.<

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cryogen Crimson said:

Just found 6 new regions at the northern coast, located above the SSP continent. 

But can‘t imagine, where they may possible fit .

77E7FFA0-578F-4550-8F2B-7FDF25C25249.jpeg

They've been there a long time, but you have to be cammed in on the map just right to see them. 

• Thanks 1

I think they're just generic region template types used. Island, Reef, Coastal, Inland.

By the way, the proposed southern extension to Bellisseria will mean the current two region wide sea channel to Jeogoet will be reduced in width to one region wide in parts, as the right side of the channel forms part of the extension's western coastline. I know this, because I've drawn a composite map in Photoshop.

873708490_BellisseriaExtensionandchannel.thumb.PNG.1c1bb611afd08b80d7543b428a6f19b7.PNG

Seven of the right-side Jeogoet channel sims (coloured red ^) would eventually become part of the southern extension's western coastline. They are named:

Giant Squid (top), Bathyscaphe, Alvin, Americas Cup, Regatta, Starboard Cross, Fair Keel (bottom).

@Patch Linden @Abnor Mole

Perhaps the whole southern SSP extension could be shifted one region width to the east (right) to avoid losing these seven navigable Jeogeot channel regions? 

1475291943_BellisseriaExtensionshiftidea.thumb.PNG.808675c106cb6d69cb3285664693acf4.PNG

2 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

I think they're just generic region template types used. Island, Reef, Coastal, Inland.

By the way, the proposed southern extension to Bellisseria will mean the current two region wide sea channel to Jeogoet will be reduced in width to one region wide in parts, as the right side of the channel forms part of the extension's western coastline. I know this, because I've drawn a composite map in Photoshop.

873708490_BellisseriaExtensionandchannel.thumb.PNG.1c1bb611afd08b80d7543b428a6f19b7.PNG

Seven of the right-side Jeogoet channel sims (coloured red ^) would eventually become part of the southern extension's western coastline. They are named:

Giant Squid (top), Bathyscaphe, Alvin, Americas Cup, Regatta, Starboard Cross, Fair Keel (bottom).

@Patch Linden @Abnor Mole

Perhaps the whole southern SSP extension could be shifted one region width to the east (right) to avoid losing these seven navigable Jeogeot channel regions? 

1475291943_BellisseriaExtensionshiftidea.thumb.PNG.808675c106cb6d69cb3285664693acf4.PNG

If you look at that new area real closely - look at the shape carefully - then look at the island on the east side of Belessaria, you'll notice that they are the same shape.  The guess is that the new area south of SSP will eventually overlay the island on the east side of the continent -- so it won't really be where it seems to be located when they actually put it in.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If you look at that new area real closely - look at the shape carefully - then look at the island on the east side of Belessaria, you'll notice that they are the same shape.  The guess is that the new area south of SSP will eventually overlay the island on the east side of the continent -- so it won't really be where it seems to be located when they actually put it in.

Maybe I interpreted the SSP map too literally? If your suggestion happens instead, then even better. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

Why would you need two full regions wide to sail? I think it actually looks better to not have it all lined up with the coast above. It's more organic that way.

I personally prefer that boats and ships are actually used for their primary purpose as water transportation for going to far away places, instead of being permanantly moored in a marina or dock, bought just for impressing the neighbours or friends in a vulgar wealth display ego contest. (!)

Narrow sea sims have a confined "sailing on rails" feeling. A wide sea gives a greater sense of freedom and being far off the coast (without the need to reduce draw distance).  I hate sailing pressed up tight against continent coastlines.  I want the channel to remain free of obstructions, land and coastlines to achieve a wide mid ocean feeling.

• Like 5