SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

On 4/23/2019 at 7:56 AM, AbbyFraser said:

Could you please give those rez zones a different name besides "Protected Land"? It can be a bit confusing sometimes...

I just renamed the LMs I made in my Folder adding Water Rez and Land Rez to their names, if that may help you?

2 hours ago, Luna Istmal said:

You remember right, but there is a difference: the old houses are smaller, have less prims and allow only 117 prims to use.

The prim allowance in the older LL Homes went up to 175 from 117 quite a while ago, when LL increased prims everywhere.  I can't remember when exactly that happened, perhaps in 2018 or maybe even 2017. 

Sorry for repeating!  Oops!  I should have read further... this is a HOT forum today!

Edited by BJoyful
  • Haha 1

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 5:56 AM, AbbyFraser said:

Can i make a suggestion? Could you please give those rez zones a different name besides "Protected Land"? It can be a bit confusing sometimes...

37 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

I just renamed the LMs I made in my Folder adding Water Rez and Land Rez to their names, if that may help you?

I keep separate folders for land rez zones and water rez zones, but I do re-name them so that the region name is included in the name. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Heathernorton said:

It appears the houseboats have been added to the new Island area of SSP. I didn't notice it until I zoomed in

so it looks like deployment may be right around the corner ?

image.thumb.png.8e0d1860f82b1f47bb831192a29a747b.png

I guess the grid hasn't updated for me as there are still no boats to be found there on my game.

Exciting news, though! My guess would be next week.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Heathernorton said:

It appears the houseboats have been added to the new Island area of SSP. I didn't notice it until I zoomed in

so it looks like deployment may be right around the corner ?

Right around the corner? Relatively speaking, yes. However, there's still a LOT to do. 
Assuming that the life preservers (houseboat equivalent of the mailboxes) don't require QA testing, there's still a lot to do, most notably put in walkways, parks, trees, plants, and other such public features. These all must be carefully planned and placed to make sure the Moles don't use too much Li.
And these features don't only go above water, but also underwater so that divers, mermaids, and other underwater explorers have something fun to discover, like in Hibiki where you can find sunken boats, surfboards, lobster traps, and other fun stuff. Even a complete sunken boathouse. (Go check it out!)

This could take anywhere from a week to over a month, although our industrious Moles appear to get faster all the time as they get more experienced decorating and building Belliseria, so who knows how long this will take. This is a large area we are talking about (5x8=40 regions) and there are only so many Moles available. Plus, there are more projects going on than just the current Houseboat/Townhouse crisis. There are Moles busy designing, building and finetuning the other themes that we were promised. Scripts are being written, textures created, and I even think that entire neighborhoods are being designed from scratch. Some of these Moles only appear to provide the original content that other Moles place in-world so that too lowers the number of Moles that will be available to put the stuff in the Squishy Pickle.

I'm sorry, I did not mean to rant like this, but as I was writing I started to realize "oh, there's this and oh, there must also be that" etc. This was more of my personal thought process than a lecture, even if it appears that way. So please don't take it as me lecturing you, it was not intended to be that way.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dyna Mole said:

Thank you ....... puff ... puff ... puff ... We're .... working ... as .. fast .... as ... we ........ can ... puff ... puff ... puff  😜

Gives a towel to Dyna and all the little moles for wiping the sweat, also a basket of fruit and a bottle of water for recovering energies cause they are working really fast! Thank you :)

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

And these features don't only go above water, but also underwater so that divers, mermaids, and other underwater explorers have something fun to discover, like in Hibiki where you can find sunken boats, surfboards, lobster traps, and other fun stuff. Even a complete sunken boathouse. (Go check it out!)

Over there checking things out!

I don't think Ice Fishing worked out so well for Constantine Linden...

1239670188_IceFishing.thumb.png.6a8d097309e8366a1c667c67dddd0a57.png

Back to exploring!
1615805160_MerZ2.thumb.png.b254da14ebea13723b4ef20e7192b5af.png

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

I reset the  house controller and it works now for avatars with "resident" surname, but doesn't work for others: my partner has not a dot between name and surname, but the controller insert it so he cannot be recognized and cannot operate with the house controller. Anyother else has this issue? I will write to the support anyway. :)

19 minutes ago, Luna Istmal said:

I reset the  house controller and it works now for avatars with "resident" surname, but doesn't work for others: my partner has not a dot between name and surname, but the controller insert it so he cannot be recognized and cannot operate with the house controller. Anyother else has this issue? I will write to the support anyway. :)

make sure you are clicking "LIST" on your control panel after you add his name.  It will allow anyone on your list to control your house. 

Oh, everyone's name has a dot between their name and surname. Like mine will be kaylee.romano

42 minutes ago, Kaylee Romano said:

make sure you are clicking "LIST" on your control panel after you add his name.  It will allow anyone on your list to control your house. 

Oh, everyone's name has a dot between their name and surname. Like mine will be kaylee.romano

I did Kaylee and reset  again the controller, no way; the oldest avatars have not the dot, like me, my name has no dot, idk why I have not and you have… lol

21 minutes ago, Luna Istmal said:

I did Kaylee and reset  again the controller, no way; the oldest avatars have not the dot, like me, my name has no dot, idk why I have not and you have… lol

Kaylee is correct. The system will put a dot between first and last names. 

"If you created your Second Life account before mid-2010, you have a Second Life "first name" and "last name" that determine your username as follows: firstname.lastname.  For example, if your Second Life name was originally Joe Smith when you joined, your username is joe.smith."

• Like 1

Let's see what the panel says....
image.png.6b26ea14bb9d5ab1edd126b3e223d277.png

Enter the LOGIN name, NOT the display name.
My login (or user) name is Fritigern Gothly, alternatively displayed as fritigern.gothly. The system will accept either.
Now, if your friend's user name is ABC123, then you can enter that  name as ABC123, abc123, or abc123.resident it doesn't matter. Just don't enter .: Fairie Princess :. or whatever they have as their display name.
As for the dot, depending on how Quartz Mole wrote the script, it might omit the dot on the "legacy" names but include it on the resident names. That makes no difference to the functionality of the script because in the end it uses UUIDs to perform its magic. Take it from a scripter.

• Like 1

The control panel will take the name with or without that dot. I was having all kinds of issues trying to get it to accept a name when I first tried to use it. The problem ended up being that you have to select list after you input the name(s) otherwise the control thinks it's still just accepting the default of owner. At first I thought it might be the dot so I tried both ways, with and without, and yet it still didn't work. I really think the key is remembering to hit the list button after you've finished inputting the name(s).

• Like 2

Thank you all for being so kind in answering and helping, but I can assure you that I did the correct procedure, missed anything, it worked for him before I reset, while didn't work for the resident surname, now it's the contrary: works for resident and not for him, the only difference  from now and before was the dot, the panel didn't sign the dot before, now it does, so I thougth could be that the cause:  I have not the dot in my profile, shouldn't be there for the correct SL name? I mean for let others  know my true name...

16 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

As for the dot, depending on how Quartz Mole wrote the script, it might omit the dot on the "legacy" names but include it on the resident names. That makes no difference to the functionality of the script because in the end it uses UUIDs to perform its magic. Take it from a scripter.

Yeah, scripty types always do the stuff under the hood with UUIDs.  Most regular people, though, don't like to deal with UUIDs and almost certainly don't know their own. The big challenge, then, is to find a way to write a script that will let the end user type in a name and then secretly convert it into a UUID.  Linden Lab makes life a little more difficult because there are now three common forms for standard names, plus Display Names.  The trick is to write a script that will take whatever name a user supplies, recognize what form it's in, and then match it to a UUID somewhere deep in the LL servers.  Depending on how clever the scripter is, she can do all sorts of hidden magic to get the job done and make life as easy as possible for the rest of us.

• Like 1

I just checked it.  My alt had added me earlier today and I cannot use the control panel.  I just logged her in again and had her check - she did click LIST and also VIEW LIST.  Both of those showed my name in chat (with the dot, which should be fine), but I cannot use the panel.

Guess I'll open a ticket and see what Support says.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell