You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 92 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

No, they have been there since at least 2010, these six sims were used for the 2010 SL Sci-Fi  Convention. I know, because I went to it and still have their landmarks. The land was rented and flattened, then restored after the convention was over.

There were five sims running west to east under those and between the new continent last week, now they are inactive. Probably to prevent intruders.

4 hours ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

Are these new sims? Patch Linden owns them and they're named "Rent Me for 4000L Per Day" which I'm sure is a joke. However, are they new? They're clean, nothing on them, just northwest of the new continent.

Its exiting, as these look to be a future connection. HOW they would connect it to a 20m water is anyone's say, however I think a logical choice would be up the E side of the coastline there to connect to the end of the East River. That would be quite the route! Effectively connecting all of Heterocera to Jeogeot!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Geneer Gynoid said:

We DO have a group. Please do your homework. Also, please read through the forum here itself before you troll. Please read the first post in this forum as well; It asks for constructive conversation.

I am a troll, but only in your mind. The forum is just that: an open forum. An in-world group and an open forum on the Internet are separate entities and unrelated.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Boo!  The Lindens closed my Feature Request JIRA.  They gave me a standard copy and paste "it is not something we can tackle at this time." reply.  ¬¬ *sigh*

Well, we kind of presumed or suspected they would do that. BUT, we would never *know* unless it was tried, right?  But also - just like the angry lawyer will blurt out information that will be objected to and shot-down by the judge, the jury cannot un-hear it. So same thing: at least the Lindens *know* we want this or something like this. At least, now there's another record of it. :)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

On 4/2/2019 at 3:00 PM, Gingir Ghoststar said:

Are these new sims? Patch Linden owns them and they're named "Rent Me for 4000L Per Day" which I'm sure is a joke. However, are they new? They're clean, nothing on them, just northwest of the new continent. 1247117004_NewLand.jpg.10e1cd19a944e89efe86cfb99bb3b92e.jpg

those sims have been there for years. they are usually for a special weekend event like hair fair.

• Like 4

I hope the continent connections, navigable air and sea channels which @Patch Linden  spoke of aren't exclusively for just their shiny new Linden Homes continent.

SL's "protected" waterways around the coasts of all other continents, are too narrow or shallow and are infuriatingly clogged up and blocked with selfish Resident owned objects and parcel "extensions" that aren't allowed and shouldn't be there. 

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

clogged up and blocked with selfish Resident owned objects and parcel "extensions" that aren't allowed and shouldn't be there. 

Calling names is no way to get your message across. 

If indeed the objects shouldn't be there or are somehow blocking protected water then you can AR the offenders. If it is indeed on Linden owned land the objects will be removed. I have filed ARs like this myself and have seen the results. However, if those so called "selfish" residents have rezzed objects in water they own they have every right to do so.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

SL's "protected" waterways around the coasts of all other continents, are too narrow or shallow and are infuriatingly clogged up and blocked with selfish Resident owned objects and parcel "extensions"

Generally speaking, my neighbors infuriate me no matter where I end up living. I know I know, it must be me then. 🐼

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

I hope the continent connections, navigable air and sea channels which @Patch Linden  spoke of aren't exclusively for just their shiny new Linden Homes continent.

SL's "protected" waterways around the coasts of all other continents, are too narrow or shallow and are infuriatingly clogged up and blocked with selfish Resident owned objects and parcel "extensions" that aren't allowed and shouldn't be there. 

I believe part of the blame here is that in some places  LL sold parcels right up to the edge of The Void Ocean (the Great Nothing). Real Estate agents took advantage of this, and put faux land on it and advertised it as having "unobstructed ocean view".

I have hopes that LL may be adding water passage around some of those clogs.

• Like 2

On 4/5/2019 at 8:17 PM, Rufferta said:

I believe part of the blame here is that in some places  LL sold parcels right up to the edge of The Void Ocean (the Great Nothing). Real Estate agents took advantage of this, and put faux land on it and advertised it as having "unobstructed ocean view".

I have hopes that LL may be adding water passage around some of those clogs.

I read in some very old article that the Lab intially planned to fill the void with water sims.... the cut off coastal waterways might be a remnant of that now abbandoned plan...

Edited by Fionalein
  • Thanks 1

The new continent is now connected to Sansara with the reopening of 5 water regions to the north.

It is also now connected to Jeogoet continent with 2 new water regions to its south, which link it to the recently added sea channel from Jeogoet.

However, and stupidly, the channel narrows to only 20 metres wide at the coast of Gazaway and Queen Mary regions, and is infuriatingly impassable to large ships.

Yes, you can get to Sansara. But only in an aircraft can you continue into Sansara. If you go west, you hit some privately owned rocks and run out of water. If you go east, you hit a no-avatar-entry area. (Not a ban line, worse; you will be ejected from your boat.)

The western route is probably easiest to make useful. Only two new sims would be needed, south of Schell and Shawnagunk. Finish the road south through Schell. It's already a Linden right of way and a YavaPod route. The new sim south of Schell is an ideal place for a marina, docks, and both road and water rez areas. Some Linden facilities, some private ones. That would become a major sailing center, the gateway to the new Linden Homes continent and Jeoghot.

roadneeded.thumb.png.1291e4063425aed2e5e3bc8f8d5ab8f1.png

Linden road ends here. Only 256m to the ocean.

• Like 2

Eighteen new water sims have appeared on the north-east coast of Jeogeot continent which links Jeogeot with it's island and the new continental sea channel.  This means Jeogoet's bay area is now reachable by sea!

I have highlighted these new sims in yellow:

559309287_Jeogoetnewcoastalsims.thumb.PNG.b8b89ebc051594fba2c5e1513600cfa9.PNG

The new sim names are (from south-west up to north east) :

Phthalo Sands, Urupa, Venetzia, Vacques Vent, Aguacristalina, Miranda Delta, Wilson Landing, Playa del Imperio, Tonga Trench, Sunny Sea, Deep Blue Hole, Harrington Sound, Blue Abyss, Rolling Waves, Dark Expanse, Termore Bay,  Arching Sea, Waves of Rugwick.

• Like 6

On 4/19/2019 at 7:58 PM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Eighteen new water sims have appeared on the north-east coast of Jeogeot continent which links Jeogeot with it's island and the new continental sea channel.

I just noticed that recently myself. Pretty excited to see that! I own parcels on Jeogeot Bay and was getting tired of being pretty much confined to the bay for any sailing or flying with risk of getting caught up in ban lines if venturing any further. Until recently I didn't realize Jeogeot had an island or anything else directly north of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!   Below are some proposals/suggestions/ideas for the Moles regarding the great new sea regions near Bellisseria, as well as the now connected Jeogeot Gulf.   ☺️

1)  Why not add a rez area in the northeast corner of Joseon sim (or a nearby sea sim) ?  Sailors or seaplane pilots would need a rez area to rez their vehicle before crossing the beautiful new channel to Bellisseria, or before sailing/flying south to the Jeogeot Gulf. 

Same NE corner rez area could be created in Grand Banks sim, for those starting to fly from the north southwards.

2)  unfortunately, the current terraforming in  Sacrelle  region is not allowing navigation nor land-based activities.  Why not terraform the region as sea sim or land sim (personally, I would vote for sea sim!) ?  Ideally, water depth could be the same as in the contiguous sims.
Same could be done to similar, shallow sims in the Jeogeot Gulf:   Gam , Demien , Chiyok , Dagjin , Subak.  Unfortunately, as they are now, such beautiful sims are hard to use for either sailing or land-based activities/ roleplay; that's a pity, in my modest opinion.

3)  to go the extra mile, a rez area could be created in the northeast corner of some of the sims forming the main channel south of Bellisseria. That would permit an easy re-rez in case of crash of ships/aircraft crossing the channel.  For example, one such rez area could be created every 2 or 3 sims.  The same rez areas could also be made in the new sims connecting the Jeogeot Gulf to the Pyri Funfair sims.

4)  and fourth, thank you for your awesome work!   ☺️ ☺️ ☺️

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MeesterP said:

Why not add a rez area in the northeast corner of Joseon sim (or a nearby sea sim) ?  Sailors or seaplane pilots would need a rez area to rez their vehicle before crossing the beautiful new channel to Bellisseria, or before sailing/flying south to the Jeogeot Gulf. 

Same NE corner rez area could be created in Grand Banks sim, for those starting to fly from the north southwards

Sanchon and Jinsil have some public rez areas. See the airport, helicopter, and boat icons on the world map.

Scandium, on the south coast of Sansara, has a cute little hangout place with a bar and rez area. A friend of mine runs that.

2)  unfortunately, the current terraforming in  Sacrelle  region is not allowing navigation nor land-based activities. 

Isn't that part of the Tulagi war game region?

to go the extra mile, a rez area could be created in the northeast corner of some of the sims forming the main channel south of Bellisseria. That would permit an easy re-rez in case of crash of ships/aircraft crossing the channel.  For example, one such rez area could be created every 2 or 3 sims.  The same rez areas could also be made in the new sims connecting the Jeogeot Gulf to the Pyri Funfair sims.

Drivers of SL is doing a drive/fly/boat/train run at noon today, Saturday May 11th, from southern Jeoghot to northern Sansara. We're about to find out what happens when 50 or so people try to make that long trip all at once. If you want to come, join the Drivers of SL group before noon and get the HUD, which gives turn by turn directions.

That said, a lighthouse island with a rez area every five sims or so would be useful. Maybe an island with a small airstrip, too, like the very popular one in Coral Waters.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, animats said:

Sanchon and Jinsil have some public rez areas. See the airport, helicopter, and boat icons on the world map.

Scandium, on the south coast of Sansara, has a cute little hangout place with a bar and rez area. A friend of mine runs that. 

Isn't that part of the Tulagi war game region?

Drivers of SL is doing a drive/fly/boat/train run at noon today, Saturday May 11th, from southern Jeoghot to northern Sansara. We're about to find out what happens when 50 or so people try to make that long trip all at once. If you want to come, join the Drivers of SL group before noon and get the HUD, which gives turn by turn directions.

That said, a lighthouse island with a rez area every five sims or so would be useful. Maybe an island with a small airstrip, too, like the very popular one in Coral Waters.

Hello Animats, thank you for your reply and for suggesting the private rez areas in Sanchon, Jinsil and Scandium, which are made available to the public by their respective owners. I support those locations and will keep them in mind.

Sanchon and Scandium are great for small leisure crafts like sail and motor boats. Unfortunately, the beautiful piers in Sanchon and Scandium are not so suitable to rez sizable cargo ships for maritime simulations (that's the roleplay that myself and others are into, I have one such ship depicted on my profile picture  🛳️ ). But cargo ships too are used by some groups in SL, such as the GTFO group, for example.  One rez area in an open sea sim like, for example, Joseon , would allow people to rez "chunkier" cargo ships without encroaching or interfering with nearby land plots in the area.

Sacrelle is currently set to the Jeogeot Gulf Maintenance Group. In my understanding, that means it can be used for both wargaming roleplay (such as the one done in Tulagi region, which I am happy to support and salute 🖐️),  and non-wargaming sailing activities, such as cargo ships or leisure boats (Lindens please correct me on this if I'm wrong; that has been my understanding, at least).

The point is, in my view, the existing terraforming in Sacrelle (featuring multiple, protruding spikes of land) unintendedly hampers both wargaming and non-wargaming activities. So, if the sea bottom in Sacrelle was made more flat, the same level and as pervious as in most of the other Jeogeot Gulf sea sims, it would likely create a win-win situation for all those interested in the success of the Jeogeot Gulf itself.  

The  Drivers of SL groups is soo much fun, let's keep doing that!

One more thing, it is important that, when rez areas are built, maker also keeps in mind the need of those who rez slightly bigger ships, such as cargo ships, and make the rez areas big enough for that. ☺️   🛳️   ⛴️   🛥️   🚢

Edited by MeesterP

• 10 months later...

06:00 SLT - Just had a look at the inworld map and seen approximately 90-ish new invisible regions east of Bellisserria, but the region names are visible with maximum zoom.

They range from Hoople (1044,951) in the south-west right up to New Leaf (1061,975) in the north-east extreme.

Looks like the east-west continent connection is gradually happening!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2020 at 9:05 AM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

06:00 SLT - Just had a look at the inworld map and seen approximately 90-ish new invisible regions east of Bellisserria, but the region names are visible with maximum zoom.

They range from Hoople (1044,951) in the south-west right up to New Leaf (1061,975) in the north-east extreme.

Looks like the east-west continent connection is gradually happening!

ya looks like they may hook up satori with belli since they moved alot of other regions out of the way

I'd still like to see the connection between Bellisseria and Sansara improved. You can get to Sansara by boat, but can't get very far once there. Sansara needs two or three more water sims on its southern edge west of Bellissaria, where there's a potential connection to the road system.

32 minutes ago, animats said:

Sansara needs two or three more water sims on its southern edge west of Bellissaria, where there's a potential connection to the road system.

I don't know but I have the impression they are planning to expand up along the eastern shore of Sansara instead. That probably makes more sense to them since not only will it create a connection to the Sansara waterways but also a substantial part of a crossing over to Satori.

But as I said, I don't know. I tried to ask Guy Linden but all he would say was that he wasn't allowed to answer that question.

But what if they did both and opened a continuous boating route around the entire Sansara? Wouldn't that be great? Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

As a multi-continent Search and Rescue group holder I totally support this and would happily turn my private region back on next to the sea lane and rebuild Cannery Cove there as a tourist attraction, fuel stop, GTFO Hub etc.  

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 92 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.