You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 85 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

LINDEN HOME "SAKURA" THEME REGIONS FOUND?!

27th April 2022 02:30 SLT/10:30 BST:

I've just found 68 new regions that have been placed to the north of the Linden Homes Stilt regions and they all have Japanese names!!! And no you can't go there yet!

1157014905_SakuraFound!27Apr2022v3.thumb.png.19c4a389e2d8fcdf199234d1a6c67016.png

1917898969_SakuraPosition27Apr2022v3.thumb.png.94ec17fb366dac3db49d28ced6488290.png

😜

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Nice!  Not quite where i predicted they'd go, but considering the Sakura theme looks like its going to have a decent amount of waterways, then it makes sense that it's close to the Stilts.

I still want to know Sarah how on earth you see these things on the world map though.  My world map shows nothing, and neither does the Shergood radar map (which is usually ahead of the SL map)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

NEWBROOKE GETS A WEST COAST!

422339493_Newbrookeexpansionv326May2022.thumb.png.e274f8b60730aac3905b1460b8ceabd5.png

Thursday 26th May 2022 - Eleven new Newbrooke regions have been placed along the west side of Newbrooke!

They appear from the west end of SSPThimble Pond Farm (the west end of the railway line) and continue south down to Dooright.

SSPOlive Branch , SSPBanjo Serenade , SSPTarn Feathers , SSPHedge Fun , SSPShakewell , SSPBlind Duck , SSPLehmans Find , SSPSummer Igloo , SSPDashaway , SSPCrosseyed Bear , SSPSome Pig

1152191218_NewbrookeWestCoast26May2022.thumb.png.e7c8f1fc63dd3cfd80497af1dc4c501d.png

^ View of SSPHedge Fun

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 5/26/2022 at 5:46 AM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

NEWBROOKE GETS A WEST COAST!

YaY! So now Newbrooke expansion will be to the north and east, towards Satori.

Pay no attention to the following subliminal messages...

Stromberg

S t r o m b e r g

S  T  R  O  M  B  E  R  G

s     T    R     o     M     b      e     R    G

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Connecting all of the continents would be wonderful and increase interest in the mainland. 

Getting rid of ban lines would also help us who enjoy boating around the mainland.
If you aren't familiar with the area you are sailing in then your trip usually ends very quickly with ban lines. I appreciate the ones who don't allow object entry as at least then you can drag your boat out and continue boating rather than having it immediately returned.

zero warning orbs would also have to go as nothing worse than getting TP'd home with no warning at all. Boating on SL is not easy. Would be nice to see some changes made for us sailors.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Marius Darkheart said:

Connecting all of the continents would be wonderful and increase interest in the mainland.

I used to think this as well but it looks like Bellisseria is being used as the glue for a large portion of it and with that is starting to emerge the expectations that Bellisseria rules will become the mainland rules.  So on that basis, I wish they had never started to do this.  Mainland should have stayed separate from Bellisseria in my opinion.

It's a case of be careful what you ask for.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 6/15/2022 at 5:16 PM, Gabriele Graves said:

I used to think this as well but it looks like Bellisseria is being used as the glue for a large portion of it and with that is starting to emerge the expectations that Bellisseria rules will become the mainland rules.  So on that basis, I wish they had never started to do this.  Mainland should have stayed separate from Bellisseria in my opinion.

It's a case of be careful what you ask for.

Please elaborate. I have heard nothing about changing rules.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

Please elaborate. I have heard nothing about changing rules.

I didn't say that the rules were changing:

On 6/16/2022 at 12:16 AM, Gabriele Graves said:

starting to emerge the expectations that Bellisseria rules will become the mainland rules.

I see this being expressed more and more by people who want to roam across from Bellisseria to mainland and have the rules (or at least the parts pertaining to land security) be the same.  I don't think anyone who applauded the idea of connecting the continents ever expected that a wholly other Linden Estate with a covenant would be used as the glue to the other parts of mainland.  It would have just have seemed bizarre and yet here we are.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Changing rules to match Bellisseria is not going to happen. If people are "expecting" it, they are going to be disappointed. 

I absolutely hope so but these differences of expectations are now causing more conflicts than before due to this joining.  In my opinion.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I absolutely hope so but these differences of expectations are now causing more conflicts than before due to this joining.  In my opinion.

Many of us simply desire Linden protected water in various places to be connected so that boat and air travel is even possible. This can be done under existing "rules" and we believe it would be a win-win for everyone. My expectation is that orbs and banlines are here to stay.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

Many of us simply desire Linden protected water in various places to be connected so that boat and air travel is even possible. This can be done under existing "rules" and we believe it would be a win-win for everyone. My expectation is that orbs and banlines are here to stay.

I am like you and that is why originally I was an advocate also.  We are not the problem however.

• Ban lines end at 128m above ground level now. Above that level, land ownership should have more limited rights, like the Bellesaria covenant.
  • Any area with a security orb must also have standard warning indicators around the protected area. Land areas must have walls or fencing. Any ban line adjacent to a road must be protected by a guard rail.
  • Water areas must have "keep out" can buoys per USCG standard.
  • Sky keep out areas must have tower lights per FAA standard, or a Visual Warning System similar to that used over Washington, DC. (That aims a brilliant flashing red and green light at aircraft clueless enough to not know they're over Washington DC's prohibited area.)

It should be the landowner's responsibility to maintain proper markings around any keep-out area.

• Haha 6

Today I learned that Cayman was Second Life's first ever private island sim region.

Cayman's location within Sansara continent is very unusual, as its now completely surrounded by voids and mainland regions. Sadly, I don't know when exactly Cayman first appeared, but it would seem to predate the sims built around it by LL.

Cayman.thumb.jpg.29f8fe5cc1499077e066c8ee32970548.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 85 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.