You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 94 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

The East River is what I was thinking

11 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

The actual connection to Sansara will be further north than your map shows

You are correct. My map has a boo boo as it shows the orange and yellow lines connecting south of Bleaberry Tarn. Sorry.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, sparklesarefun said:

When will Sansara be connected to Belli?

yes. by the Sea. but for the Road It's doesn't as 2024. I hope the Moles make the roads in the Seven Miles Bridge Viaduct style to the Bellisseria and make the Road from the Sansara and the Jeogeot in the Tokyo Bay Aqua-Line Style road.

3 hours ago, sparklesarefun said:

When will Sansara be connected to Belli?

Bellisseria is already connected to Sansara between the southern coast of Sansara and the Traditionals in "old" Bellisseria. 

When enough people buy Premium Plus  accounts and take Ranch Homes for those regions to be no more than 3 regions away from the East River it will also be connected there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I went to southern Sansara continent today to see if there was a Linden Route road down there which might (theoretically) be extended south to Bellisseria to provide a road route between them.

I found that there is a Linden Route in Sansara's Alcona region that would do the job perfectly and the land required to extend it further south to Sansara's southern coast has already been reserved by LL as Protected Land in the Schell sim region.

Additional water regions south of Schell would need to be created to avoid the privately owned coastal parcels and also avoid the "Elements" sims of Ruthenium and Osmium, which are rentable sim regions.

But, there isn't a place where a road from Sansara could easily join up with the nearest part of Bellisseria, as north-west Bellisseria's coast has Houseboats, but no roads.

A bit to the east of the Houseboats is the Traditional theme, thankfully with roads. A bridge/tunnel from Sansara continent could use the five deep water sims that already exist between the two continents.

The bridge/tunnel could link to the Traditional theme Jacinto region, which conveniently already has a road on Bellisseria's coast... currently ending at a roundabout and a boat rez zone.

SansaraBellisseriaRoadIdea24Jan2024.thumb.png.cddfc58a4b2bab7f18ab8bdbf9783d7c.png

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Persephone Emerald

The whole point of the idea I briefly explained is to create a permanant road/tunnel connection between southern Sansara and Bellisseria, because there isn't one.

I currently prefer the idea of a road tunnel more than a bridge, as bridge's in SL are often too low or too narrow for large tall-masted sailing ships (such as N+K's Midas and Falcon class ships) to pass beneath.

A car ferry is an interesting, but problematic idea.  A car ferry would require vehicle drivers to stay in their vehicles with their vehicle engines running so that "parked" vehicles stay physical and don't just "freeze" static in mid-air when the ferry starts moving.

Also, the ferry would still require the four additional regions to sail in to bypass the private/rentable sims anyway. Driving the route directly via bridge/tunnel would be quicker and easier too.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

@Persephone Emerald

[snip]

A car ferry is an interesting, but problematic idea.  A car ferry would require vehicle drivers to keep their vehicle engines running so that "parked" vehicles stay physical and don't just "freeze" static in mid-air when the ferry starts moving.

Also, the ferry would still require the four additional regions to sail in to bypass the private/rentable sims anyway. Driving the route directly via bridge/tunnel would be faster and easier.

A long bridge or tunnel uses alot of land impact and requires more work of the Moles than adding a couple of water rez zones does. 

I like the idea of a ferry for variety, but I agree it might be difficult to implement.

• Like 2

On 12/9/2023 at 1:51 AM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Just noticed that the Imelza sim in south-west Satori continent is mostly up for sale and rent!

ImelzaSatori8Dec2023.thumb.jpg.e1dc8470ea8c725871553837fcafe1c7.jpg

Imelza is very close to the Linden Homes continent, Bellisseria. Imelza would make a great location for a public marina, a GTFO hub or perhaps another SLCG base. Hopefully, someone can establish some public water and begin a process of making Satori's entire west coast fully accessible to boats!

Today, Imelza now contains a small airport, harbour, SLCG station and a GTFO hub! 😎

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

A car ferry would require vehicle drivers to stay in their vehicles with their vehicle engines running so that "parked" vehicles stay physical and don't just "freeze" static in mid-air when the ferry starts moving.

With the physicality aspect, the risks of accidentally driving / sliding off the ferry are real!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

I went to southern Sansara continent today to see if there was a Linden Route road down there which might (theoretically) be extended south to Bellisseria to provide a road route between them.

I found that there is a Linden Route in Sansara's Alcona region that would do the job perfectly and the land required to extend it further south to Sansara's southern coast has already been reserved by LL as Protected Land in the Schell sim region.

Additional water regions south of Schell would need to be created to avoid the privately owned coastal parcels and also avoid the "Elements" sims of Ruthenium and Osmium, which are rentable sim regions.

I've wanted that connection too. If the coastal parcels just east of Schell weren't private out to the water edge, it would be possible now.

There's an alternate route. Gateway Airport is three regions to the east, and has a Linden road connection. If you have an amphibious vehicle, drive into Gateway Airport from the Linden road. It's a maze of ramps, terminals, and parking, and, despite signs, you will probably get lost at first. After driving down some ramps, you can reach a very large freight elevator which will take you down to water level. Drive your vehicle onto the elevator, but don't turn it off. Take the elevator down. Then you can, with difficulty, drive off the elevator onto a dock and into the water.

You can then go, in boat mode, to Bellessaria, and find some beach where you can grind across land to a Linden road.

Both M&S Automotive in Neumogen, and Larson Logistics, have suitable amphibious vehicles.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

@SarahKB7 Koskinen

image.png.c3cf298ea43adc20d61e0ff644a14676.png

I don't think it's necessary to have bridges or tunnels to connect to Bellisseria though. What about a ferry instead? With a stop at that rentable event land?

How long has it been since anyone rented that land? If more than 2-3 years maybe it should just get repurposed. I've not been paying attention though and maybe they get profit out of it the way it is.

If repurposed, and if you could find a route from those regions up to the nearest existing protected road, might need a lot fewer new regions to do this.

I prefer more water regions. I always prefer more water regions regardless. Need a new route? More water regions? Demo timing out too fast? More water regions. It's a good answer to any SL issue. :D

But if they're adverse to it... then those rentable event regions could get repurposed. Perhaps into water regions with water land up for sale. :P

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

How long has it been since anyone rented that land? If more than 2-3 years maybe it should just get repurposed. I've not been paying attention though and maybe they get profit out of it the way it is.

SansaraBellisseriaRoadIdea24Jan2024.thumb.png.1f56daf97a0285e53e4762464dd9ac4d.png

Osmium and Iridium are both currently occupied, both with huge rocky cliffs and snow themed.  The inworld map hasn't updated to show them yet, so they must've been built very recently. The four (of the six) other "Elements" (Special Event Rental Region) sims are still available for rent.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

How long has it been since anyone rented that land?

They get rented quite regularly.  There was a large Nature event held there last year if I remember right.

Osmium and Iridium are indeed rented right now - for a Winter Camping event this weekend :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 94 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.