You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 63 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone
probable that I have never seen it. I saw a channel that comes from the North of Jeogeot and continues in the direction of Sansara. Can anyone give me some news?
Thanks and sorry for my bad English
😊

jeogeot.jpg

Edited by Elisabennet
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Elisabennet said:

Hi everyone
probable that I have never seen it. I saw a channel that comes from the North of Jeogeot and continues in the direction of Sansara. Can anyone give me some news?
Thanks and sorry for my bad English
😊

looksie here:

11 minutes ago, Elisabennet said:

I know the SSp regions. The first time I see this channel attached to Jeogeot

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Eight Bells/41/252/2

Likely I never saw it?🤔

It only showed up three maybe four days ago. It's been added and assumed that is where they are going to drop the SSP continent when it's ready.

2 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

It only showed up three maybe four days ago. It's been added and assumed that is where they are going to drop the SSP continent when it's ready. 

I got it. I hope that soon they will open SSP to have new seas to navigate.
thanks a lot

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all.  

I doodled an imaginary network of sea channels on a map of SL.

The Light Blue areas already exist.  The Dark Blue don't.  Yet...

1775030542_Intercontinentalchannels.thumb.png.77c71a39f93eeee75981f43fa68af3ce.png

I have been encouraged to submit this idea proposal to the JIRA as a new Feature Request.

So I did.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-226642

I hope some good comes of my little doodle. 

3 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

I have been encouraged to submit this idea proposal to the JIRA as a new Feature Request.

So I did.

Although initiative is always a good thing, this is one of SEVERAL proposals we have been going over in the group, and I am sure I am not alone in feeling that one lone proposal not agreed upon by the group as a whole is a little premature that it was sent in to LL. I was hoping that we would send in an official proposal that was agreed upon by the group as a majority, and one that included SEVERAL options.

I think we appreciate you trying to keep then ball moving forward, but, before anyone makes a proposal to LL regarding this group, can you at least FIRST consult the group, and as a group agree that this is the next course of action in the groups best interest?

I had a plan to construct a full proposal and consult the group before submitting in the name of the group. Sarah, sweetie, this route is a little impractical in many respects, and may get a negative response form LL as to our goal here. I wish you consulted the group first. We have been talking about baby steps to get the idea rolling in LL's mind.

Please, no-one jump on Sarah for this, it inst the end of the world, she only meant well, I'm sure. And it may get a positive response, who knows. It just makes our cause look chaotic.

Julia

• Haha 1

I think we appreciate you trying to keep then ball moving forward, but, before anyone makes a proposal to LL regarding this group, can you at least FIRST consult the group, and as a group agree that this is the next course of action in the groups best interest?

I didn't send my proposal to the JIRA in the name of this forum or the SL group, so its incorrect for you to presume that.

I did it independently. I'm merely telling you that I had done it, as you seem to share the same interest and goal as I do.  I represent no one else, except myself in this proposal.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Hello all.  

I doodled an imaginary network of sea channels on a map of SL.

The Light Blue areas already exist.  The Dark Blue don't.  Yet...

1775030542_Intercontinentalchannels.thumb.png.77c71a39f93eeee75981f43fa68af3ce.png

So I did.

why all the straight lines in the middle of nowhere? It would be far more interesting to follow the coast, and a lot less boring.

18 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

I didn't send my proposal to the JIRA in the name of this forum or the SL group, so its incorrect for you to presume that.

I did it independently. I'm merely telling you that I had done it, as you seem to share the same interest and goal as I do.  I represent no one else, except myself in this proposal.

While I'm not a fan of all the straight lines, you certainly have every right to submit a JIRA with your suggestion. I'm rather dismayed that anyone would try to bring you to task over your initiative.

• Like 3

As I've said in SL many times before, " If you don't ask,  you don't get".

Nobody seems to be asking. So I have.

However, I fully expect LL to say no to my ideas, but at least I will have actually tried to do something about it. And maybe my effort may trigger an idea of their own.

As for the straight lines and right angles, I'm not a fan of quick diagonal 3 sim corner hopping, its terrible for smooth sim crossings.  I also wanted to recreate the look and feel of a long distance ocean voyage for large ships, which are usually far out at sea. Doing long distance inter-continental voyages tightly pressed up against a short, shallow coastline or river in a Queen Mary sized ocean liner, freighter, warship or oil tanker may prove to be difficult or impossible.  As many people will testify, there is very little access to large bodies of water in SL for those who have large ships, while smaller vessels such as sail and motor boats are relatively spoilt for choices. 

Aircraft too, especially airliners, perform better in long straight uncluttered sim corridors away from skyboxes, parcel security orbs and the general lagginess of populated land. Anyone who has flown up the new long straight remote Jeogoet sea channel recently will agree with this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

While I'm not a fan of all the straight lines, you certainly have every right to submit a JIRA with your suggestion.

That she does, absolutely right. But, why then come into the forum here at all, and tell everyone who has been discussing and collectively strategizing several routes, that you just, on your own, submitted your route to LL. Again, I like the initiative, but IMO, and I may be wrong, as for what we are as a group trying to achieve, is a bit premature and reckless. That's all I'm trying to say, (see below)...

2 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I'm rather dismayed that anyone would try to bring you to task over your initiative.

I equate it to this...

a group of fishermen gather together and join efforts to fish. They circle the boats to corral the fish. Then, before the group decides on how to best lower the net and get the most fish, someone comes along, jumps in the middle of the circle and scares all the fish away, then gets out and looks to the grouped fisherman and says, "Hi everyone, I'm here to fish too". No-one is going to begrudge that single person to fish, the group doesn't particularly own that fishing hole, but the group IS gunna look at the lone fisherman and say, 'What were you thinking, that's kind of counter productive to what were trying to do here. Come join your ideas and lets fish more effectively."

We were trying for a single route to open the initial idea, maybe 120 sims or so... She submitted a plan that uses hundreds of sims, lets not even discuss the logistics of it, and its frankly making us look unorganized and stupid. I'm sorry, initiative is one thing, but the collective movement of this idea needs a little less 'from the hip' to its approach. The scope of our cc request is already so vastly out of LL's obligation to its users, so, I'm just suggesting a little more polished proposals to LL. Her idea is just as valid as anyone else's ideas, just talk em over in the group first, lets get a consensus.

So, when someone DOES jump in and scatter the fish, don't look crossly at the fisherman spokesperson for asking "Hey, what are ya thinking?"

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

As for the straight lines and right angles, I'm not a fan of quick diagonal 3 sim corner hopping, its terrible for smooth sim crossings.  I also wanted to recreate the look and feel of a long distance ocean voyage for large ships, which are usually far out at sea. Doing long distance inter-continental voyages tightly pressed up against a short, shallow coastline or river in a Queen Mary sized ocean liner, freighter, warship or oil tanker may prove to be difficult or impossible.  As many people will testify, there is very little access to large bodies of water in SL for those who have large ships, while smaller vessels such as sail and motor boats are relatively spoilt for choices. 

Aircraft too, especially airliners, perform better in long straight uncluttered sim corridors away from skyboxes, parcel security orbs and the general lagginess of populated land. Anyone who has flown up the new long straight remote Jeogoet sea channel recently will agree with this.

There was a post somewhere i read that the LL folks are sort of against the straight line approach; something about no autopilot routes, put in some excitement for the travelers. Not a disruptive zigzag for the sake or purpose, per-say, but I can understand that theory....  I could go either way, as there are valid benefits to either approach. It does make some sense to tack a-lot of 'around the continents' connections to adjacent sims, and/or extend the existing waters around the path with a sim here and there... There are alot of waterways with only a few sims to connect them logistically.

YES, Ideally, larger, NON-user lands for water/flying is idea, as NOONE and I mean NONE of us care to think on how angry orbs and banlines make us when crafting. But if you look at many areas, there is alot of open water, even if its just a 1/2 sim or even a 1/4 sim width run, it just needs along, say, a 10 to 15 sim stretch, 3 or 4 sims added to make it a very passable route. I think asking LL to dedicate full separate water sims for the whole span is a little much. if ANY sim added, even if its low avi entrance/ie low server responsibility, LL is gunna easily decline that thinking. OR, maybe I am wrong and for them it IS easier to dedicate low network resource sims to a dedicated channel, who knows... we initially thought the less we ask for, raw sim # wise, the better we can convince them that its a viable request...

I agree with you the zigzag three sim thing is funky, but it may not be a bad thing if there is SOME course alteration requiring turns in the routes. That of-course is up to WHAT LL is willing to do, if anything, to these routes/connections.

• Confused 1

No, I see that, I read the submission. I'm not trying to come down on you, It just does indirectly affect what the cc group is trying to do, and thus does indirectly connect to the group. Its not wrong, what you did, not wrong at all, I'm just "Awwwww, whadya doin?... I wish... you.... eh... ugh.... oh well..." That's all.

12 hours ago, Geneer Gynoid said:

That she does, absolutely right. But, why then come into the forum here at all, and tell everyone who has been discussing and collectively strategizing several routes, that you just, on your own, submitted your route to LL. Again, I like the initiative, but IMO, and I may be wrong, as for what we are as a group trying to achieve, is a bit premature and reckless. That's all I'm trying to say, (see below)...

Highlight in the quote is mine and what I am responding to, especially the underlined portion.

I'm curious what group it is you speak of. This is a *forum* open to any and all comers for any and all reasons to participate in any and all conversation in any and all ways as long as the rules are followed. I've been following the thread for some time, and perhaps I missed it or mistaken, but I cannot find any post anywhere in this forum or thread or anywhere else in these forums where an organized group of forums users stated that "We have decided to become a Group for a 'Cause and will work together toward this Common Goal'".

My only point is: You speak as though there is a "group" at all. If there is, it seems to me to be more logical, efficient, and productive to take any Group discussion into a more organized location, does it not?

@SarahKB7 Koskinen YOU GO, GIRL.

• Like 4

@Alyona Su

There actually is an inworld SL Group, "Connect The Continents", which I joined. But I still did the maps and JIRA independently of that.

And to please the coastal route fans, I'm editing a new regional map for an east-west link-up specifically between Sansara/Heterocera and Satori continents.

Don't worry, I won't add it in the JIRA, this is purely for this forum/group. I'll post it here later. I'll be adding in a few more coastal regions to the coasts to allow routes to be as wide and navigable as possible. A few regions will need shifting....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

Are these new sims? Patch Linden owns them and they're named "Rent Me for 4000L Per Day" which I'm sure is a joke. However, are they new? They're clean, nothing on them, just northwest of the new continent. 

No, they have been there since at least 2010, these six sims were used for the 2010 SL Sci-Fi  Convention. I know, because I went to it and still have their landmarks. The land was rented and flattened, then restored after the convention was over.

There were five sims running west to east under those and between the new continent last week, now they are inactive. Probably to prevent intruders.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

My only point is: You speak as though there is a "group" at all. If there is, it seems to me to be more logical, efficient, and productive to take any Group discussion into a more organized location, does it not?

We DO have a group. Please do your homework. Also, please read through the forum here itself before you troll. Please read the first post in this forum as well; It asks for constructive conversation.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 63 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.