Do you use Second Life as your radio station?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Chase01 said:

I do too sometimes, but I have a direct link to the feed so I don't have to be in world to take in all the glorious tunes. :D

^This.

Both the stream I use on my parcel, and the stream of a club I used to frequent, are saved in my amarok (a music player on Linux), so that I can listen to them even when I'm not inworld.

6 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

Do you ever find yourself just using Second Life as your radio station?

Don't be silly... Of course not...

If I want to listen to music in RL... I start my media player, select a playlist of music I like, and click the play button, like a normal person.

No. Because when I first started SL, it was on dial-up internet, in the never never of Oz. (the middle of tropical nowhere).

I SL with the sound off and always have unless I am at a live performance. Even tho I am now back in the shi... erm city. (sort of).

Edited by Maryanne Solo

never, i am usually listening to music when i do SL, but it doesn't come from my computer at all, in fact the sound on my computer is usually turned off. My music usually comes from my TV, via Apple TV and you tube, much better speakers when i do that.

I only switch music on in SL for specific DJ sets (they all begin with V ;) ). Otherwise, I make use of so many sources of music or radio discussion in RL it would never appeal to me to tune in to a specific channel or genre in SL.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, GoSpeed Racer said:

As someone who runs an SL Radio station, I greatly appreciate my listeners in Second Life. Some of them listen for hours on end. I am always tuned into music when I log in unless I am attending an SL Voice event.

I can't do that.... so many places I visit have horrible streams...

I have music on continuously when I'm in SL.  Usually through the viewer, but if I go somewhere that's playing dreadful music (like 90% of the gay clubs I go to - I can't stand electronic dance music) I turn it off and play something on Winamp instead, usually the same radio station I have on my home parcel. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.