How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

On 4/8/2019 at 11:29 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

EVIL THINGS lurk behind closed doors at the Metropolis!

(Yes, I'm back there again.)

Behind-Closed-Doors-Blank.png

Scylla- this is brilliant! Love 💕 this photo of you!!!! For me, this is your best work.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Saravendi said:

Scylla- this is brilliant! Love 💕 this photo of you!!!! For me, this is your best work.

Thank you, Sara! There are probably many who would agree that my best work is shrouded in and obscured by darkness . . .

More seriously, welcome back from whatever has been keeping you away. It's been quiet here, and your contributions and voice have been sorely missed!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Donna Underall said:

He was my boyfriend like 10 years ago.  We still hang out and have fun sometimes.  Best ex I ever had!  Here we are at Frank's Place last night.

ron  appreciating donna' s decolletage   as  they dance  close.png

Sorry . . . best what you've ever had?

Did you drop a letter?

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, GabrielleVanDerMalle said:

truth hair sale has caused it's sim to be full 24/7

If you are a TRUTH VIP group member, send a list of what you want to Amber or Ellen and they will be personal shoppers for you.

Edited by Catrie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GabrielleVanDerMalle said:

truth hair sale has caused it's sim to be full 24/7

I was thankful for my Premium the other day when I was headed there - I got in on my second try.

The current grid TP issue probably isn't helping much either.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

2 hours ago, Eva Knoller said:

218578197_Snapshot_123new.thumb.jpg.e17d9999d241b188c969856b7e20fb30.jpg

Oh wow, Eva. This is wonderful! It's like a painting! And your avi has never looked lovelier! 

ETA: Ok, the above was a first impression, written somewhat hurriedly on my phone while I was in transit. I wanted to tell you what I liked so much about this, though.

The colours are cool and lovely, and there is a nice contrast between the deeper blues and greens of the background, and the lighter shades of your avi. The depth of field is not too obtrusive (I think I use it too much sometimes as a sort of crutch), but just helps the figure in the foreground pop out a bit: it gives just enough depth to the picture.

But the absolutely best thing about this is the pose and expression you've got here. You look serene and self-confident and, most of all, interesting. You look like someone I'd want to meet for coffee or drinks, because you'd have interesting and worthwhile things to say. It's so easy to look "pretty" in Second Life: it's kind of the default for women avatars. It's much more difficult to show your depth of character and intelligence. I think you do that here!

I'm going to make one suggestion, which I hope you'll understand is coming from someone (me) who wishes she had taken this picture, and who is also still very much learning how to do this. The body of your avatar is a bit washed out and "flat." It's not always easy to fix that (I spend a LOT of time on lighting in my pics), but by dampening the foreground lighting a little (by fiddling a bit with Windlight), while adding another low-level light source or even projector, just off to one side, you might be able to add some subtle shading to give your body (and maybe even your face, although that's less of an issue here) a bit more definition and depth.

Again though: wow. I'm seriously jealous.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1