How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

On 2/17/2019 at 3:54 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Thank you!

I'm pretty new to events, and I don't pretend to have any insights into the economics of how they might work. I've been to Collabor88, and did find a few very nice things there. But it was, if anything, maybe too varied? Finding things I liked required browsing through a whole lot that really didn't interest me.

For me, personally (and, of course, someone else might have a different response, based upon their personal interests and expectations), Eclipse was both weirdly too varied, and too narrow. On the one hand, there were a lot of things that were merely grungy rather than really "dark," like a tenement slum. And, on the other, there wasn't a lot for people like me who aren't primarily goth or dark, but just like the aesthetic.

I guess, ultimately, the success of events has to be judged by their financial results: is it making money? And, I suppose, by the service it might provide to the community that they are catering to. In this case, it was a community that clearly didn't really include people like me (which is, of course, fine).

I don't know either. It's a topic I've started to write about it but not sure where it's going. I think C88 is one of the original events. There are quite a few that are old, but lately there has been quite a few news ones, and not all are advertised on Seraphim, so it must be a profitable business. I think last year Tres Chic has one of their events themed after sport/gym and I was so looking forward to it, but there was like only a couple of things related to the theme. I was talking to a designer the other day and she said she much prefer when she is not given a theme because she can just create whatever comes to mind.

• Like 1

Snapshot_020.thumb.png.6ca5b42e6bda03a46501a92b7f7bcf61.png

Finally managed to slip Neph into the Fetish Fair. Only really had one release in my sights when I went in, but I gave it a thorough look-over. Still only bought the one thing though, aaand this is a terrible pose to show it. And a pretty bad shot overall. Meh. I'm too knackered to find a good pose and set up the shot, this is just how she ended up when I parked her against the back of the sofa.

857513632_RearView.thumb.png.ccf53953cf1fe5e743b9da91c194bada.png

Well, there it is. Might not be the best promo shot for the product though.

• Like 23

In this snapshot, Genus head "Classic Face" v1.4 with Genus eyes v1.1.
Wearing those older versions because I really don't like the updated eyes v1.2 with the extreme non-adjustable specularity shine on them. 🙁
(I wonder what the creator was thinking about when doing it like that!)

2019-02-18_pose_Apollo_BW.thumb.jpg.e8af162fa6cbb5aff3249fd8f58571ec.jpg

• Like 25

9 hours ago, Orwar said:

Finally managed to slip Neph into the Fetish Fair. Only really had one release in my sights when I went in, but I gave it a thorough look-over. Still only bought the one thing though, aaand this is a terrible pose to show it. And a pretty bad shot overall. Meh. I'm too knackered to find a good pose and set up the shot, this is just how she ended up when I parked her against the back of the sofa.

857513632_RearView.thumb.png.ccf53953cf1fe5e743b9da91c194bada.png

Well, there it is. Might not be the best promo shot for the product though.

My, this certainly is a lovely . . .

What is it that she bought again?

• Like 4
  • Haha 5