How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I am currently re-evaluating my faith in the true "scariness" and "darkness" of some of my supposedly Edgy-Scary-Dark-Goth friends here on the forums.

Eclipse-Disappointment-Forum - Blank.png

Speaking for myself, I love the Scary-Dark-Goth side of you (hair is awesome). Let’s all go Goth dancing at EoD Dark-Scary-Club! All Scary Pink teapots welcome!

Edited by Saravendi
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Snapshot_224.thumb.png.3a723ec182b42f3f3cab8be3cba213bc.png

Trying a new look for when purple people arn't allowed. Liking the genus babyface head and the face skin from pumec but not liking the strange line work and highlights on some parts of the body, such as the arms, and a place i'm not allowed to show you here looks particularly weird. Might throw out the skin and try another.

• Like 17

4 hours ago, Saravendi said:

Speaking for myself, I love the Scary-Dark-Goth side of you (hair is awesome). Let’s all go Goth dancing at EoD Dark-Scary-Club! All Scary Pink teapots welcome!

Thanks, Sara! I'm pretty "Goth-Lite" (or "Goth-Pretty") I think, but I'd be totally into a visit to EoD!

The hair is [KoKoLoReS] "Bones," with the "Accents" HUD. I'd checked out some of their demos a few months ago, and then forgot about it, but a post a week or so ago by @Sagadin reminded me to go back and look again.

I was going to get this for Laskya, actually, but what the hell, right? She's only an alt! I get the good stuff!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looking towards entry to Eden regions. Two statues standing at the entrance http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Eden Gateway/78/9/24
Snapshot was taken from http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Neem/92/151/24  which is the next region to the south from the statues.
Neem is one of the North Sea regions. The North Sea is a block of water only regions between Eden the Naturist Paradise in the North and Fruit Islands in the South.

2019-02-16_Entrance-to-eden.thumb.jpg.4d71d767f4b0b11900a98e3d4fc6c2c6.jpg

• Like 20

5 hours ago, Angelina String said:

Fun gimmick from FashionNatic - you can edit the text on the back :D

... ... Begins air-drumming like a moron.

" I wish I had an angel,
   for one moment of love!
   I wish I had your angel, 
   your virgin Mary undone!
   I'm in love with my lust,
   turning angel wings to dust,
   I wish I had an angel tonight!"

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ok, so I went to Eclipse, which -- I had been led to believe -- was THE Edgy-Scary-Dark-Goth Event of the year.

Afraid of being judged by those much Darker Than I, I tried to dress accordingly, and even bought a new Edgy-Scary-Dark-Goth hair style to wear.

I have to say I was a tad . . . disappointed?

The first thing I saw for sale there was a pink tea pot.

Yes, that's correct. A. Pink. Tea. Pot.

I am currently re-evaluating my faith in the true "scariness" and "darkness" of some of my supposedly Edgy-Scary-Dark-Goth friends here on the forums.

Eclipse-Disappointment-Forum - Blank.png

Pink is the new black.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Salty has been on an away mission to Zennessa's Place, and the Wilderness, with some instructions from me about shadows and moonlight. She tried to also do some at Lutz but was intercepted by "persistent guy", so had to leave as he was too distracting.

I think between us we've got the hang of this!!!!!!!!……..*Big Smiles*   

SL01.png

SL02.png

SL03.png

• Like 19

11 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ok, so I went to Eclipse, which -- I had been led to believe -- was THE Edgy-Scary-Dark-Goth Event of the year.

Afraid of being judged by those much Darker Than I, I tried to dress accordingly, and even bought a new Edgy-Scary-Dark-Goth hair style to wear.

I have to say I was a tad . . . disappointed?

The first thing I saw for sale there was a pink tea pot.

Yes, that's correct. A. Pink. Tea. Pot.

You know, a lot of people these days define horror as experiencing something unexpected... For some, it's the jump scares of modern 'horror' movies (do NOT get me started on that topic), for others it's... The inconceivable prospect of finding pink tea pots in dark events. Nods sagely.

To be entirely honest though, seeing that did cause me to furrow my brow a bit in confusion. Then again, it is very common for goths to have something of an obsession with tea - myself included (another topic NOT to get me started on). Out of the many goth friends I have, I'd estimate around a third of them have a teapot tattoo, and at least two thirds of them having an obsession with tea - even if many of them regularly drink coffee instead. It's... A complicated matter that may cause the occasional schism, in that playfully hostile manner that only subculturals can pull off without getting posterior-ouchy about it. Also, pink... I mean, pastel goth is a thing. We may not all like it, or want to be associated with it, but it's a thing. 

• Like 8

This is Salty's latest outfit. Dress is Ally*Adventure Sexy Cowl Dress. shoes are Essenz Verracruz.

Ally*Adventure has some edgy stuff, and I expect Tali knows about it already. This dress I've had for ages and got it last night for Salty. It's amazing. Maybe I'll pluck up enough courage to buy some other stuff there one day...……………….

SL09.png

• Like 17

because I an one for honesty... This is what my avatar looks like right now 👽😎😄 . My Xeno Drider out exploring and invading other worlds . mistook a kids slide for an escape ship lol

*The environments are not by me but random locations that came up in Search. The Xeno-Drider is my creation (tail is from Renns Traum, he makes awsome AVs too).

Xeno-DriderInTank.png

XenoDriderSideShotSmileRS.png

XenoDriderToungueTied2keepRS.png

XenoDriderHostileworldInhabitants.png

XenoDriderSpaceShipEntryRS.png

XenoDriderSlidesadlolRS.png

Edited by Hunter Stern
  • Like 16
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Orwar said:

You know, a lot of people these days define horror as experiencing something unexpected... For some, it's the jump scares of modern 'horror' movies (do NOT get me started on that topic), for others it's... The inconceivable prospect of finding pink tea pots in dark events. Nods sagely.

To be entirely honest though, seeing that did cause me to furrow my brow a bit in confusion. Then again, it is very common for goths to have something of an obsession with tea - myself included (another topic NOT to get me started on). Out of the many goth friends I have, I'd estimate around a third of them have a teapot tattoo, and at least two thirds of them having an obsession with tea - even if many of them regularly drink coffee instead. It's... A complicated matter that may cause the occasional schism, in that playfully hostile manner that only subculturals can pull off without getting posterior-ouchy about it. Also, pink... I mean, pastel goth is a thing. We may not all like it, or want to be associated with it, but it's a thing. 

Upon further reflection, I've decided that it's really very sweet that the culture is inclusive and big-tent enough to accept even Pink Teapot Fetishists. And I now regret my slightly mocking attitude.

And maybe I should go back to Eclipse, and explore some more. I never did make it to the potpourri display.

• Like 6