How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

Today is my 15th rezday (technically Debi's rez day) so I decided to go find a fun "old" build. This one isn't really that old having been built in 2011, but it was old enough for my desire to get nostalgic. It's a fun build with all kinds of freebies. If you want to visit Rizal Games here's your taxi: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Rizal/119/108/23

1_001.thumb.png.1e7f70d4f172e19af0ebabb74a765f5c.png

Who knew you could do one arm handstands at my age!

1_002.png.50447cf142c714eae4936437976b5dfb.png

Don't know why I have so much fun on these bouncy house things.

1_003.png.8399ace4fac33463d483304a984840ce.png

Ending the adventure with a bike ride and a chocolate ice cream. All freebies found in the shops here.

1_004.thumb.png.69b146f6133b11a3c4e564f03fc2a55a.png

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 19

1 hour ago, Sagadin said:

ETA: @LittleMe Jewell Did you mean Backdrop Cove? That is a great backdrop spot that is less laggy than Backdrop City, well at least until everyone finds it... And they do allow you to rez objects there I believe.

Yes, that is the one.  I saw someone here mention it recently - probably you.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I expect I won't have rez perms in the places I'll want to take pics.

There are some very nice sims that allow rez right if you join the group. Mother Road is my favorite place, and group members can rez.  Also hangars liquides allows rezzing in at least some of the sims. Oh and Surfers bay, though the group membership is expensive. There are many others but those are just a few that i can think of right off the top of my head.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

21 hours ago, Angelina String said:

I have much fun playing with different windlight settings, using the dropdown and slider in Phototools. I also have two parameters that I play around with a bit,  what in real life is referred to as focal length and aperture... Focal length impacts the perspective and field-of-view, and together with aperture it changes your depth-of-field (how much of the picture that will stay in focus...) I do a lot of photography in RL, and I quite enjoy it in SL too,  so I'll try to get some pointers and hints written down and illustrated in my (just-recently-started) blog :)

In addition to City and Cove, there's also a Backdrop Village that will let you rez stuff...

Your post prompted me to play a bit last night in FS with the phototools and Windlight settings. A bit complicated at first, but fun! And lots of things to try.

Where is your blog? (I can't figure out how to display forum signatures here!)

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Talligurl said:

There are some very nice sims that allow rez right if you join the group. Mother Road is my favorite place, and group members can rez.  Also hangars liquides allows rezzing in at least some of the sims. Oh and Surfers bay, though the group membership is expensive. There are many others but those are just a few that i can think of right off the top of my head.

Thank you!! I'll explore these!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I can't figure out how to display forum signatures here!

Click on your name up top and then choose "Account settings" in the dropdown. Then you'll see a button on the left called "Signature." If you click that you'll see a way to edit your own signature and way to turn on other people's signatures.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

LaLaLand.......I love the soundtrack from this movie........?

Me too  -  :D - and the whole look and feel of the movie for that sake...

But I have been naming my properties in Second Life "LaLaLand" from before that movie was made - since about 2008 i guess.

Definition of la-la land  from Merriam-Webster: a euphoric dreamlike mental state detached from the harsher realities of life
- sounds a bit like SL, does'nt it ;)
  • Like 5