How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

On 8/31/2018 at 11:26 AM, BelindaN said:

How do you get the shadow?????

Doing shadows is easy in the Firestorm Viewer. In the LL Viewer it takes more clicks and is awkward, but is doable.

Open the Photo Tools panel in FS and then in WL settings click the New Sky Preset to open another panel. Toward the bottom of the second panel (Create a New Sky Preset) are two sliders that control where the sun and moon are. Just slide those to move your shadows. When you are done, just click Cancel. Or you can save the settings as a new preset.

I have the tools button on screen to get to easily. Makes it handy when I want to take a shot.

There are over a thousand presets that you can download and add to your viewer. With EEP (Enhanced Environment Project) on the way and likely to soon release we will be able to trade and sell WL settings and have collections in inventory. Things are about to get prettier.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/31/2018 at 8:26 PM, BelindaN said:

How do you get the shadow?????

You also need to activate Advanced Lighting in your preferences (Firestorm), to see shadows. Furthermore you can adjust whether shadows will be cast only by sun/moon or sun/moon + projectors - either of the two must be active (none will give you, well, none). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, BelindaN said:

A few of us met up at the hangout earlier for an impromptu photo session. It was arranged, like, five minutes beforehand!!!  We had a lot of fun messing around for a while, and I was pleased to finally meet up with everyone who was there. Apparently we can do better with poseballs. That's one for the future!

Photos will be posted but I had to leave soon after so no time tonight to sort one out!!?

Strawberry Singh has tutorials on posing avatars in SL. There are some HUD's that can help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvsHhi7ddQM

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 5/18/2018 at 7:37 PM, Talligurl said:

my avi looks a bit abstract

41476675544_5ddbdc30cd_o.png

I'd give that one four stars if I could.  I love arty photos that play with light and shadow.  Here is one of mine I'm especially pleased with:

522386291_FireworkGirl.jpg.56d75bffb469e93474237cb442a3119c.jpg

This is Marianne McCann, hosting one of her spectacular summer fireworks displays.  Absolutely no retouching in Photoshop.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 13

3 hours ago, BelindaN said:

This is the red corset dress previously modelled by Tali - not the same one obviously..............hehe. We have similar tastes!!!  ?   And my recent Rapunzel hair..............which looks good with this outfit.

secondlife 65.jpg

"Girl Next Door" my left foot.  "IT Girl", more like.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2