How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

For some reason I couldn't sleep at all last night.  (Does anyone else have this issue as we get closer to Winter?)

Started playing around with some pictures I had taken earlier in the day yesterday while playing around with Black Dragon settings and really liked the final result on this one. I wish I had removed the text before I had hit save.  My favorite pictures (personal preference...) of my av are always the ones on a simple white backdrop with a drop shadow of some kind.   Years ago I would spend hours looking for fun fonts/texts to use to try to give the pictures an 'editorial' vibe; and in this case I was inspired by some of my old favorite denim ads I guess.  The jacket I am wearing here actually has built in poses and is pretty glitchy so I had to retouch it quite a bit to try and make it work with this pose...

I know some people here abhor the idea of retouched photos being shared, but sometimes the "retouching" part is the most cathartic/relaxing for me, so I apologize in advance.

sofiagrayj.jpg

Edited by Sofia Gray
  • Like 27

1 hour ago, Sofia Gray said:

For some reason I couldn't sleep at all last night.  (Does anyone else have this issue as we get closer to Winter?)

Started playing around with some pictures I had taken earlier in the day yesterday while playing around with Black Dragon settings and really liked the final result on this one. I wish I had removed the text before I had hit save.  My favorite pictures (personal preference...) of my av are always the ones on a simple white backdrop with a drop shadow of some kind.   Years ago I would spend hours looking for fun fonts/texts to use to try to give the pictures an 'editorial' vibe; and in this case I was inspired by some of my old favorite denim ads I guess.  The jacket I am wearing here actually has built in poses and is pretty glitchy so I had to retouch it quite a bit to try and make it work with this pose...

I know some people here abhor the idea of retouched photos being shared, but sometimes the "retouching" part is the most cathartic/relaxing for me, so I apologize in advance.

sofiagrayj.jpg

Personally, I love the text. 👍

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MartineAndrea said:

Hello everybody. I will probably need a whole week to see all the pictures you posted in this topic, and will do that, because they look aswesome. Hopefully I make them as good as you some day 😍

zo9jhnszvx2.jpg

Welcome to the thread.

Awesome happens here but it is not a requirement.

2 hours ago, Sofia Gray said:

sofiagrayj.jpg

There are nights where I am just awake. The ones I don't like are when I am awake and tired.

I haven't seen people complain about post-production image processing. This is pretty much an eye-candy thread so the more pretty the better. The "Now" thread is the same but supposedly with less chatter.

There is a raw image thread here. But even there people Photoshop the images. Several show the before and after, which is neat.

Your image is VERY nice. The text does add to the image giving it a "look".  Thanks for posting.

50661158731_7bf4931162_c.jpg

Goofing off in my SL home. The sister to this image is on Flickr. I was exploring the Lusthouse landing area when I took that one. Many of the "single" poses in the kink furniture provide poses I would never buy... or likely even think of. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Welcome to the thread.

Awesome happens here but it is not a requirement.

There are nights where I am just awake. The ones I don't like are when I am awake and tired.

I haven't seen people complain about post-production image processing. This is pretty much an eye-candy thread so the more pretty the better. The "Now" thread is the same but supposedly with less chatter.

There is a raw image thread here. But even there people Photoshop the images. Several show the before and after, which is neat.

Your image is VERY nice. The text does add to the image giving it a "look".  Thanks for posting.

50661158731_7bf4931162_c.jpg

Goofing off in my SL home. The sister to this image is on Flickr. I was exploring the Lusthouse landing area when I took that one. Many of the "single" poses in the kink furniture provide poses I would never buy... or likely even think of. 

All the images I've posted have been fully raw except one. I can't remember which, but it was a while ago. I totally agree that there is nothing wrong with post production processing. I wouldn't throw away an image the is slightly over exposed, or incorrectly framed if I could adjust it and make something that I thought looked good. 

I encourage everyone to post their images, no matter if they think they are perfect or not. There can be beauty in imperfection. In my opinion, every image we make is another step forward in learning!!!

• Like 3

On 11/28/2020 at 4:13 AM, Marianne Little said:

I'm doing the 52 weeks of color challenge. This week is BLACK. Come join us in the "Challenges!" subforum?

52 weeks of color - Black

Is this a new avi?  She's just beautiful!  If you please, where did you get those adorable shoes?   I love the ring too!  Sometimes I think we should say where we got the items.  Hmmmm, I know it would sound a bit like spam...but sometimes I just would like to know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

Is this a new avi?  She's just beautiful!  If you please, where did you get those adorable shoes?   I love the ring too!  Sometimes I think we should say where we got the items.  Hmmmm, I know it would sound a bit like spam...but sometimes I just would like to know.

The shoes and dress is free in Maitreya! The shoes is a Stay at Home gift and the dress is a group gift. (Both fatpack!) The ring and the other jewelry is Maxi Gossamer. I think the ring name is Khadijah or another royal sounding name. It is unrigged, but I attached it to the ring finger, so it can move right.

I have the same head and skin as in the other pictures that started with the ballet ones. I think the makeup and the "haughty" pose and expression makes me look different here. I am not sure how I got that expression. But I thought it fits.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2