You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm Bazzilla and I'm new here. I've known about Second Life for many years, but only now have plucked up the courage to actually join. In the RL, I'm a musician and beatmaker and I'm hoping to one day build up to doing maybe a few shows in SL. I just thought I'd pop on here and say hi.

P.S - apologies if there's a introduce yourself thread somewhere and I've posted in the wrong forum. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Bazzilla said:

I'm Bazzilla and I'm new here. I've known about Second Life for many years, but only now have plucked up the courage to actually join. In the RL, I'm a musician and beatmaker and I'm hoping to one day build up to doing maybe a few shows in SL. I just thought I'd pop on here and say hi.

P.S - apologies if there's a introduce yourself thread somewhere and I've posted in the wrong forum. 

It's not entirely clear where new posters are supposed to say "hi" -- in fact there was a discussion about it just yesterday! But this will do for now, and the mods will just move it (probably to "Making Friends") if they feel it's in the wrong place.

Anyway, WELCOME! To SL, and to the forums!

There are a ton of musicians in SL, who do live performances and frequently have good-sized followings! Have you considered this as something you might like to try?

There is also a ton of other stuff to do here. What do you enjoy?

• Like 5

Welcome to Second Life!

29 minutes ago, Bazzilla said:

In the RL, I'm a musician and beatmaker and I'm hoping to one day build up to doing maybe a few shows in SL. I just thought I'd pop on here and say hi.

Awesome! I used to be very into electronic music production as a hobby until my DAW desperately needed upgrading. I was going to switch to another one, but I kinda fell off. 😂 Learning a whole other program would've taken so much time.

• Like 4

Hi, Bazzilla!  Welcome aboard. Get in world and start wandering around. There's a lot to see (and a lot to learn). Go back to the Welcome Hub to go through the tutorials or ask questions as often as you like.  Or come back here. People here can be pretty helpful too. Just remember that these forums are not much like being in SL itself.  😉

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Bazzilla said:

There is an 'Introduce Yourself" thread.... somewhere. I've seen it. But how new users are supposed to find it, I have no idea.

Welcome to SL. :)

Do NOT put much effort into figuring out what you are SUPPOSED to do. Do what seems reasonable and/or fun. Be kind and polite. Avoid the jerks... yeah block/mute. Explore and experiment. There is more to see and do than you'll ever get around to.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Welcome to SL. It,'s a weird place at times, so don't be afraid to ask for help or directions. 

This! SL can be frustrating, maddening, unfriendly, etc ... and yet at the same time the people make it magic, there's tons to explore, you'll find some amazing friends, the music and art scene is just wonderful, and you never have to give up because there is someone who knows the answer. Enjoy and make it what you need and welcome!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

There is an 'Introduce Yourself" thread.... somewhere. I've seen it. But how new users are supposed to find it, I have no idea.

Welcome to SL. :)

Do NOT put much effort into figuring out what you are SUPPOSED to do. Do what seems reasonable and/or fun. Be kind and polite. Avoid the jerks... yeah block/mute. Explore and experiment. There is more to see and do than you'll ever get around to.

No one reads that… it’s better to promote yourself by posting here. 

• Like 2

On 7/30/2023 at 9:14 PM, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Welcome to Second Life!

Awesome! I used to be very into electronic music production as a hobby until my DAW desperately needed upgrading. I was going to switch to another one, but I kinda fell off. 😂 Learning a whole other program would've taken so much time.

Which DAW did you use?

23 hours ago, Randall Ahren said:

What did you think of the new resident orientation process? Did a mentor attempt to help you?

I didn't actually have one. Not yet anyways. Was I meant to have?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.