When you are REALLY looked after by a creator...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know it's not as much fun as moaning, but I wanted to relate a little event that happened to me this week.

Back in 2017, I won a pair of shoes from a shop in SL for my avatar.  The shop sold them with a limited set of 9 textures, sort of basic set, and that's what I won.  They also sold an add-on set of lots more colours, but I didn't buy that.

I noticed this week that on this Creator's MP shop the same shoes are now discounted, and the add-on set are now free!

I still wear these shoes, so I got the add-on.  It's about now that I realised that I don't have the original package for the basic set any more - it went in one of my clean-ups.  So I head to the re-delivery in-store.  Sure enough, there it is.   But when I get to Caspervend there is a problem, so I send a notecard to the Creator.

Not only do I get a copy of the basic package within a day, but a nice note thanking me for pointing out the Caspervend issue (which is now fixed).

That's what you call 'Customer Service'.  Not everyone in SL is out to get you!

The name of the store?  I can't say that here due to the rules, but 'infant primate' might help you guess...

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

48 minutes ago, Anna Nova said:

I know it's not as much fun as moaning, but I wanted to relate a little event that happened to me this week.

Back in 2017, I won a pair of shoes from a shop in SL for my avatar.  The shop sold them with a limited set of 9 textures, sort of basic set, and that's what I won.  They also sold an add-on set of lots more colours, but I didn't buy that.

I noticed this week that on this Creator's MP shop the same shoes are now discounted, and the add-on set are now free!

I still wear these shoes, so I got the add-on.  It's about now that I realised that I don't have the original package for the basic set any more - it went in one of my clean-ups.  So I head to the re-delivery in-store.  Sure enough, there it is.   But when I get to Caspervend there is a problem, so I send a notecard to the Creator.

Not only do I get a copy of the basic package within a day, but a nice note thanking me for pointing out the Caspervend issue (which is now fixed).

That's what you call 'Customer Service'.  Not everyone in SL is out to get you!

The name of the store?  I can't say that here due to the rules, but 'infant primate' might help you guess...

I know who you mean as well -- and of course she posts here sometimes. My experiences with her have been restricted to the forums, but they have always been very pleasant. She seems lovely -- it's nice to hear that my impression is correct!

(I wear her BOM tees a LOT.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

The rule is for naming and shaming. If you are giving out compliments, there is no harm in naming. 

Is LL going to be so petty as to remove a post that names and compliments a creator? LL doesn't need to be in business if they do.

• Thanks 5

39 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

The rule is for naming and shaming. If you are giving out compliments, there is no harm in naming. 

Is LL going to be so petty as to remove a post that names and compliments a creator? LL doesn't need to be in business if they do.

How do we know that "naming" positively, except in the 'Where do I find XXX" threads, will not be considered as advertisements? 

I suppose, if noone reports such a thread as "advertising in the wrong Forum", it will be considered OK.

That's my opinion.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

How do we know that "naming" positively, except in the 'Where do I find XXX" threads, will not be considered as advertisements? 

I suppose, if noone reports such a thread as "advertising in the wrong Forum", it will be considered OK.

That's my opinion.

What part of compliment resembles advertisement?

image.png.5bf20729b991cc83451fc886fa5ede4c.png

image.png.940691d65992dc48d2d753c5e912350a.png

A compliment isn't necessarily a recommendation. 

If I compliment you on how you dress am I recommending everyone go shop at the same stores you bought the clothes from? No, I am complimenting you and your tastes, not your clothes or the clothing designer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

If I compliment you on how you dress am I recommending everyone go shop at the same stores you bought the clothes from? No, I am complimenting you and your tastes, not your clothes or the clothing designer.

If the OP had mentioned the merchant by name, then I could indeed say, "it is not just a compliment, but also a recommendation".  Sure, you don't have to agree - but you responded so..*shrug*. Here we are, discussing it!

There are also implicit recommendations. 

I will use the "Perfect Pets" thread as an example.  Multiple pages about "Perfect Pets", but many posts about specific products in specific stores that are "on sale".  With "compliments".

Edited by Love Zhaoying
compliments, not complements!
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

We have a thread for positive experiences in a SL, to complement the one for negative experiences. That would be an ideal place to mention creators or merchants who have gone the extra mile in customer service.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

That store has one of the nicest owners in SL, I don't know how many shoes I have in my inventory from the "little primates"  or "infant apes" :) (why can't we say a nice thing and name the store??)

She still has packages of shoes for new avatars and some really nice free ones at the store, so a big thank you from me 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If the OP had mentioned the merchant by name, then I could indeed say, "it is not just a compliment, but also a recommendation".  Sure, you don't have to agree - but you responded so..*shrug*. Here we are, discussing it!

There are also implicit recommendations. 

I will use the "Perfect Pets" thread as an example.  Multiple pages about "Perfect Pets", but many posts about specific products in specific stores that are "on sale".  With "compliments".

In that case I highly recommend never giving any compliments to anyone ever again as it may be misconstrued as an advertisement. Of what I have yet to figure out but since you insist, there it is.

🙄

I had two situations this weekend where I had to send notecards to the creators..

One was where I misunderstood the display and thought I had to buy each item separately, So I ended up Buying the same item 4 times instead of one time..

I gave them my transaction history of all four purchases..

Plus since I'm contacting the creators anyways, I like to tell them how I feel about their products.. Which I did with both.. 

I really loved the skins I was getting for this mermaid tail and expressed my feelings about that..

That creator IM'd me almost as soon as I had finished sending the notecard telling me how they appreciated being thorough with my details  and how much easier it makes it on them..  We talked for about 20 minutes afterwards just having a nice conversation..

The second one, I had gotten a puppy that didn't deliver.. I sent a notecard that time as well. I pretty much am always respectful and detailed..

They also appreciated that and how kind I was.. they send me my product plus send me like 2k store credit, which they really didn't have to do..

Any time I've ever had a problem with a product, I've always enjoyed dealing with the creators, I've never had a bad experience yet..plus have become friends with quite a few over the years..

• Like 5

I was at a club once and a creator I'd bought from was there (back in punky/neko days!) so I IM'd saying I really liked something I bought off her, and we got chatting...I said I really liked another outfit she'd made that was 399L and that I was saving up to buy that next, and PING - she just gave it to me 😍 So it's always worth giving feedback, you never know...!

9 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I've never had a bad experience yet..

Me neither! And I also had zebra print ankle boots from 👶🐵

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I've had 2 incidents recently and both with good results.

The first was the set of nails I wear.  I hadn't noticed when I'd purchased them months ago that one tiny section on one nail wasn't rigged correctly.  I sent the creator a note with a picture and mentioned that I hadn't even seen it until now and I can't unsee it.  She fixed it and sent me the new set the next day.

The other was a very popular creator.  The strap on the dress wasn't rigged correctly and no matter how I stood, glitches into my shoulder.  Again, notecard with picture.  She redid and sent me the new item the next day.

Both were problems that might effect others and they both thanked me for bringing it to their attention.

Just today, I picked up a demo.  Inside, was the demo, the fatpack and each individual color.  I sent the creator a note so they'd be aware PLUS the payment for the fatpack.  I couldn't in good conscience not pay even though it was their mistake.  

• Like 8

I've only come across 2 creators who I thought had very bad attitudes. Both no longer have stores in SL.

I don't think I've ever had a bad experience with a creator when I sent them a notecard about a problem with an item. Some have given me extra items to thank me for reporting a problem. One creator of a popular mesh body gave it to me for half price after I paid, but didn't receive it. I'd made a mistake in selecting the alt to whom I was gifting it. It took a couple weeks to resolve the problem. So the creator refunded me half the price. Another gave me a scene rezzer with all their scenes after I'd purchased about half of them.

I'll say it again and again. Always approach problems with SL creators with courtesy, respect and patience in a nicely worded notecard.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 6

Same with me as you all - my problems with SL it too much stuff (sometimes).  It's strange how I'll use certain items over and over and over but other items not so much.  I've never had problems with getting my SL items and been given "extras" as well.

One thing I wanted to say as I was thinking about SL and buying items the other day, is in all the articles I've read about SL, not one article mentions problems with product delivery nor products (quality, etc).  Not one bad word about it.  I'd have to say SL overall SL has a great reputation with their products, it's the high learning curve that gets the mention.  

ETA:  SL has the best products and graphics of all virtual worlds.  More writers should just come out and say it.  

Edited by EliseAnne85
  • Like 2

I have a favorite hair I wear. A couple times a month someone IMs asking about it, but it's an older hair, so I have to tell people it's not sold anymore. 

Last week I contacted the creator to let them know how much I liked the hair and, hey, wouldn't it be nice if it reappeared in the store so I can buy some other colors.

After a bit of friendly chatter, they sent both me and an alt a fatpack and said they would put it back out if people were interested.  They are also going to update it in the next few months.  Woohooooo!

ETA: the hair is old enough that it doesn't have a color HUD and scripts.  Each hair is it's own color. 😄

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

She is one of the best creators in SL when it comes to Customer Service.  And I love her stuff too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Never heard that mouth to mouth is the best advertisement one can get? I compliment you for the great job you did to fix an issue, and behind your back I compliment you once again for the job you did, but this time this kind of respect to you is directed to a friend of mine. What will this friend of mine do, if she/he needs something your store provides?

• Like 1

I do not have many positive stories to share. But a few.

I bought a pair of Shearling boots the same day as I saw them blogged in 2010. They were updated to mesh in 2016. I could not get the update from the vendor, I noticed it even later than 2016, and the purchase was probably too old to be registered.

I did not have much hope, but I sent a notecard. I could see the date I bought them under properties for them in my inventory. And I promptly got them in mesh!

Lo and behold, I checked the list over updated items in their blog, and found some old purchases, got them updated too. 😍

Well, what can I say? I never forget it. ❤️

• Like 4

I'd say about 20% of creators have gone above and beyond resolving an issue, majority just fixed whatever the issue was and about 20% never responded or fixed the issue. Most recent one being a Saturday Sale store where the product was not delivered and the Redelivery terminal showed an error that the item could not be located in spite of it having confirmed that I had purchased it. 2 separate IM's with forwarded notecards showing the purchase and error have not resulted in any response or fix.

18 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

We have a thread for positive experiences in a SL, to complement the one for negative experiences. That would be an ideal place to mention creators or merchants who have gone the extra mile in customer service.

Apparently that's the kind of thread to which I never contribute, or at least I can't find it now when I actually have something nice to say. So I'll say it here:

Just yesterday I got four updated full-perm animations from an animator whose products I've often found useful. The updates, though, came as a surprise: searching, I found I acquired these way back in 2016. I'm a little impressed she even retains purchase records going back seven years, let alone updating animations from that long ago and sending out the updates to those past customers.

(Embarrassingly, I have no idea where the heck I used these animations!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.