Slink is closing.

Eddy Vortex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Paul Hexem said:

Actually from what I read, it was anything but that. Sounds like she locked everything down and isn't even answering the people that worked with the body.

Burned every bridge on the way out, someone said. Sounds really unfortunate.

Well, when you go out of business, you go out of business. You don't stay and keep providing customer support and prosumer support. The market moved on to other bodies, she decided to get out. It's reasonable, and she was gracious about it.

• Like 11
  • Confused 1

Actually from what I read, it was anything but that. Sounds like she locked everything down and isn't even answering the people that worked with the body.

That just isn't true. She was certainly answering IMs when I spoke to her yesterday to say goodbye. If you are leaving SL, at some point you have to just actually leave. Yes, it is unfortunate that creators who leave SL can't provide support for their products forever. But it is no different to stores in real life that close down.

• Like 13

16 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I think it's the lack.of perhaps a weeks notice that upset people.  Especially over the holidays when a.lot of people are away from SL.

Then they maybe could read her farewell and see that she said: I have been unwell and enduring a lot of chronic pain. Going through that as well as the recent passing of her mother, grandmother as well as a pet has her probably at the end of her rope and she wasn't up to the mass of support questions and other issues that would suddenly come her way if she chose to give a week long goodbye. Kudos to her and pray she finds the rest she obviously needs at this point.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I didn't need SLINK SUPPORT, but I came here to say something else.  I dunno why I want to say it.  I just do.  Slink feet have special memories for me.  

I wanted to share my memories as SLINK feet really did revolutionize SL but when I heard about it this morning, I had just woken up so I kept it short. 

I do remember buying my first SLINK feet and I was so excited.  It was difficult matching the skin feet to my skin color, but I eventually got it and it wasn't too difficult after that once you had your number of your skin color.  I bought the high heels feet first; the feet and all the shoes were all beautiful, and some shoes really inexpensive as someone else said in this thread, and they made me feel pretty which changed me and made me happy.  Then, I bought the flat feet to wear sandals and wear shorts and the sandals were very cute also which made me happy.  I then bought the mid feet because there were some shoes I wanted which needed mid SLINK feet and those shoes were way cute too.  Overall, on the look just cute, very well done, and made me happy.  And, I believe I wore every pair of all the cute shoes I bought which I can't say I do today.  Today I buy stuff and don't even wear it oft times.  With Slink I wore all my shoes.

If you read her blog, she sites her health and chronic pain and the death of members of her family as reasons for her closure, so maybe give her time if you need support.  If Maitreya ever shuts down, I won't moan there might not be any support as it's closing period.  That's my opinion on closure.  Don't expect creator's to be there forever.  That's not in any contract for anything you buy in SL, not to my knowledge.  

• Like 15

1 hour ago, EliseAnne85 said:

I didn't need SLINK SUPPORT, but I came here to say something else.  I dunno why I want to say it.  I just do.  Slink feet have special memories for me.  

I wanted to share my memories as SLINK feet really did revolutionize SL but when I heard about it this morning, I had just woken up so I kept it short. 

I do remember buying my first SLINK feet and I was so excited.  It was difficult matching the skin feet to my skin color, but I eventually got it and it wasn't too difficult after that once you had your number of your skin color.  I bought the high heels feet first; the feet and all the shoes were all beautiful, and some shoes really inexpensive as someone else said in this thread, and they made me feel pretty which changed me and made me happy.  Then, I bought the flat feet to wear sandals and wear shorts and the sandals were very cute also which made me happy.  I then bought the mid feet because there were some shoes I wanted which needed mid SLINK feet and those shoes were way cute too.  Overall, on the look just cute, very well done, and made me happy.  And, I believe I wore every pair of all the cute shoes I bought which I can't say I do today.  Today I buy stuff and don't even wear it oft times.  With Slink I wore all my shoes.

If you read her blog, she sites her health and chronic pain and the death of members of her family as reasons for her closure, so maybe give her time if you need support.  If Maitreya ever shuts down, I won't moan there might not be any support as it's closing period.  That's my opinion on closure.  Don't expect creator's to be there forever.  That's not in any contract for anything you buy in SL, not to my knowledge.  

SLink was absolutely a game changer in many ways , there is no denying it.

Edited by Modulated
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Then they maybe could read her farewell and see that she said: I have been unwell and enduring a lot of chronic pain. Going through that as well as the recent passing of her mother, grandmother as well as a pet has her probably at the end of her rope and she wasn't up to the mass of support questions and other issues that would suddenly come her way if she chose to give a week long goodbye. Kudos to her and pray she finds the rest she obviously needs at this point.

I didn't say how she left was wrong only why some people may be upset.  I feel for her as the last few months of this year have been extremely stressful for myself.  I also lost 2 aged cats this year.  I totally understand her need to leave and not wanting to deal with any support issues.  

"The store will remain open for redeliveries until such and such date but NO support issues will be addressed" could have eased anxiety on both sides.   THAT was all I was saying.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Yesterday after she sent the link out for her goodbye message to the group, she was in the group chat for a little bit and did post a few responses to people in the group.  She had also left a small landing area available yesterday (not sure about today) so people could cam to get redeliveries, last minute items from the store, use up their store credit or get a developer's kit. 

People often complain about creators who leave SL but leave their items up on their MP store even though there is no support for them by the creator going forward.  So, I think a complete break is justified.  People who already had her products and belonged to the group will know what happened and there will not be anyone able to buy the body after it's no longer supported by her.

I can also see why she didn't give a lot of lead time.  If she had sent out her notice earlier, it's likely she would have had a lot of messages from people wanting her to stay and might have felt like she had to keep explaining why she was leaving.  She had said in her message - which I also found to be very gracious - that she had been soul searching over this for the last 18 months and that it was a serious decision based on her own physical and mental well-being needs.  

She mentioned that she is starting something new - outside of SL - and I wish her the best of luck with her new endeavor and for the healing and restoration of her physical and mental being.

• Like 12

I am not upset, since I have moved on from Slink. And I am not sure if I need a redelivery. 

Slink was wonderful, I had great enjoyment of the hands and feet, I got my money's worth back. And best of all, pretty hands and feet.

I wish Siddean Munro all the best, and hope her health get better.

I think that her notice could have included a date, so people know how long time they have to go there and get a redelivery. The date when her tier expires must be known to her, she could set the final date to a few days before. 

• Like 8

I used slink physique forever on a couple avs and really liked the body. I wish her well, though I agree the quick departure with no warning is a bit annoying.  SL is terrible for getting news and info in world and a lot of people in SL don’t use discord or Facebook or the SL forums etc.  Having a redelivery terminal up for a couple weeks would have been nice for people finding out late.

2 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Well, when you go out of business, you go out of business. You don't stay and keep providing customer support and prosumer support. The market moved on to other bodies, she decided to get out. It's reasonable, and she was gracious about it.

2 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

That just isn't true. She was certainly answering IMs when I spoke to her yesterday to say goodbye. If you are leaving SL, at some point you have to just actually leave. Yes, it is unfortunate that creators who leave SL can't provide support for their products forever. But it is no different to stores in real life that close down.

I didn't say that. I'm pointing out that there's a difference between organizing a departure and simply slamming the door shut with a note taped to it. Real life stores closing is a totally different beast- products I buy from them I can take apart and fix myself. They're not no modify.

"I'm done supporting this, here's the source files so someone else can take over" is something we see in software a lot, for example.

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I think it's the lack.of perhaps a weeks notice that upset people.  Especially over the holidays when a.lot of people are away from SL.

Yeah, exactly. There's people with money and time invested in development on a brand new body that are going to come in when the holidays are over and be in for a surprise.

Edited by Paul Hexem
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Slink store LM now appears as "Slink Updating Square" in my TP history and it still works.  The canopy area with the redelivery terminal and extra alphas vendor is still there, and the store building is still there (though I didn't cam over to look inside it).   You do need to cam into either of those locations. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ina Fairport said:

I remember how happy we were with Slink hands and feet 😀

All of my alts had at least one pair of hands and feet. This was before Bento, of course. I have also had a total of 4 Slink bodies spread on my accounts.

I even had the barefeet, sculpted feet that came before the mesh ones. It was 2009, and I read about them in Juicybomb. They came with beady anklets, that were hiding the ankle seam pretty well. For that time, it was like magic.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

[...] no modify.

"I'm done supporting this, here's the source files so someone else can take over" is something we see in software a lot, for example.

Yeah, this is the one area where a little preparation could have further extended Slink's already great reputation and legacy: if she'd released a mod-enabled version of everything on the way out, at least the user community could have helped each other some. Also, a full-perm release of the 2D graphics source files for the bundled skins might have given some new creators a place from which to start and some inspiration. None of this is required, of course, nor even expected, but… I don't mean to be this blunt, but if she's not coming back, and if she's not selling-off the company and its assets, then it's kind of a shame to see all that creative work just come to a dead end.

That's not to diminish her contribution, though. I had a lot of fun with my Slink mesh body, many many others did, too, and fun is as significant as it gets in SL.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Fond memories of Slink Hands and Feet.  The best of the best that was out there.  I wish Sid all the best in whatever endeavor she attempts.  The pandemic was hard on everyone.  Close the door and you go girl!!!

• Like 1

I've been around with different accounts for a few years and had the best possible impression about Slink. I knew about it only yesterday in a group chat and of course it's kind of sad and we can understand all sad reasons of the owner, but I couldn't not think how clients should have been warned way before, not like "we are closing today". As the owner told, things have been harsh for her for a long time, so I can assume she have been thinking about it for a while.

If I'm not wrong (about the time, pretty sure it happened), they had a massive discount in November, half the price the entire store. It was marketed as a "once in a lifetime discounts" because well, they were closing so obviously it would be a once in a lifetime. I don't think this is very fair with clients who decided to buy and now have no support, updates or attention from developers in long term.

Despite this, best wishes to the owner and good luck in future ventures.

• Like 3

This was sad news. I held onto my SLINK HG body for the longest time and only recently upgraded this past October 22 to the Reborn body (even though I hate how the body looks knock kneed).

I had been such a big SLINK supporter for a long time- her shoes paired well with my "Last Call" wardrobe. I even remember her store before she made her feet. And when she released her Tabitha Plateau Pumps (still trying to find a similar shoe to this day) I wore them for 2 years solid no joke.

Now I dont know of any going ons behind the scenes but I always found it curious and frustrating how new designers didn't support the SLINK bodies (or when they did they wouldn't include the alphas for the redux versions so I had to create my own). SLINK was one of the first so to see designers toss her aside/ignore her always made me sad. Her style wasnt so OTT that it blended well with others and her customer support was top notch which is why i remained loyal for so long, SLINK helped me feel confident and cool I will miss her. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I think Wowmeh was first. but Slink had learnt from their mistakes and released a much better body. The pioneer year 2014 was Wowmeh - Slink - TMP - Belleza - Maitreya.

I can't remember other bodies/brands for years after that. It must have been some.

Crazy how many years it has been since meshbodies were made. I spoke with one who had 6- 7 years hiatus from SL. She had bought Maitreya before her break.

I'm not sure what I do with my alt who has Hourglass. If Reborn has a sale, maybe I buy her that body.

Sad to hear about Slink.

My first mesh body came in 2012 and by Yabusaka Loon (PETITES). At the time I wondered what it'd be like if someone resized things to human sized - these were tiny little mesh pixies. After that came a cute mesh dragon, but, dragon, so I move on.

So: Dates are first date I had the item.  Obviously some of this will be "wrong" in term as to when things came out (like Belleza). 

2012: Petites

2013: Dragon

2014: WoWMeh; CMFF MBody (v39); Slink Physique (v1); TMP

2015: Eve Slim (v8.4); Eve Pulpy; Maitreya Lara (v2.1); Kemono (v1.13.25); Elena (v1.2)

2016: Tonic Curvy (v3.02); Tonic Fine

2017: Avatar 2.0 (v1.14.3)

2018: Abar eBody Curvy (v8.4); Altamura Robert; Altamura Valentina; Altamura Brigitte

2020: Legacy (v1.3.2); Kalhene Ariadna; Inithium Kupra Kups (v01.1); TinyThings Anastasiya

2021: Kalhene Anya (v4.0); Mirana (v1.3); Lovebody Aphrodite (v2.2); Inithium Kupra (v03); Belleza Freya (v5.4); Belleza Isis (v5.2); Belleza Venus (v5.2); eBody Reborn (v1.52); Kalhene Analexa (v4.2); Kalhene Erika (v1.3); Cinnamon & Chai; DIGISONA: Miyu Avatar; Rebirth Eden (v1.2)

2022: Belleza Gen X Classic & Curvy; Prima Elite; SP Peach

Unknown date: Altamura Emanuelle; Dev Nana

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

She doing what doing what is best. Yes it's not about others working with it but everyone deals with things we can't answer all those questions but doing things alone it can be hard when other things are going on.  I did leave them a nice  message nothing forceful they said thank you left as that. 

I worked at a mesh store and worked at one for 7 years. My job was to give advice and support and decorate at times we have to grow and do other things elsewhere real life changes happen.  Everyone is doing their best but their very best these days. 

Not every season is for hustling and achieving , Some are meant for enjoying and exploring.
Slowly not the hustle just showing up for yourself creating a beautiful life for yourself.

Just enlightenment.Take what you feel find your way what works for you. 
Mesh body maker stores work It's a hard job, it's long hours and overtime you want every detail to be a great creation. But when you're doing it alone I know people can get quiet and stress & depression come in a race to get the work done. But being over worked 80 hours worked & no sleep this is straining on the body & mind. You need time for yourself to breathe and ground yourself to recharge your batteries. When you recharge, it helps to slow down your mind and body to work to remember things. never over work, do things slowly, take breaks, great art has to be done at a good pace. But don't be afraid to ask for help if you have good close friends with a good vision. They support you, they are a good team. You may have to hire a media manager and second meshers helper and person with vision on things because you should have to do it alone but you still be the main person. Working together to be a team with communication and agreeing on things see what works. Listen to your creators and customers, find beta testers but do what you can not. Everything will work, yes you can't make all happy but what will work has to work as a tribe and vibe. But make sure your staff is having breaks and taking time for themselves as well. Really not about competing to embrace the beauty that all art is beautiful, it's a sculpture how it comes 2023 embrace and enchant let it flow that being a goddess/king you rise. Caterpillar goes through changes and it renews into a butterfly. You can always start again, the end not the end is a new beginning of new life, a clean slate. You have to fail a few times, saving you for the best that door will open. Do not lose hope, brush yourself off and try again. Society has dimmed that light, you're not here to learn your here to remember to listen to yourself and your higher self whatever you believe, ask it, take the guidance and help you along the way. This might sound weird but I ask the angels & God the universe with higher self I use to go out the woods talk to nature this one place that get away from everything the problem is we need nature we need to get away for a while nature and trees knows ancient knowledge that been forgotten just let all the noise go zone out and breathe and close your eyes start using your imagination with visualization , intuition gut feeling this the key to everything allow yourself to be in calm place. Open the third eye you start with closing your eyes say turn on the switch use the vision with visualization and allow colors to come to you at first what answers you get. Sitting in front of the sun but for a short time can wear sunglasses as well. Everyone has a sun rising. You need the sun to recharge what keeps us going. Call in the energy of the sun to allow it to flow and heal and mend give the direction you need to keep going. The Moon and Sun you can use at any time the sun rising and moon rising we all have. Making a routine to go to bed at a good time works for you to wake up early to recharge to start your day to refresh. Write down your goals and dreams in a journal to keep track of things. Reserve mindset, be good to yourself and words come into your mind about what comes out of your month. Change your lifestyle and everything that only follows things that are positive and good for you, limit screen time, turn off the tv when it gets too much , do something else, read a book, go for a walk. Surround yourself with a positive atmosphere and the people you hang around support you. They are there for you to hang out as a team they are there for you in low and highs not just coming around for your high times. They should be there for no matter what. If it's not good for your mental health and wellness it does belong in your life. Only you know what is good for you people that respect that nothing is forced. Set boundaries and limits and also learn to say no you don't have to answer to everything you just wish them the best have a nice day give the advice send them on their way keep it words short. Please yourself not others just embrace the magic, send free energy, let things flow.   

Edited by BlueMoonLightz
  • Confused 2

Sorry if I may say , 

Mesh bodies are more than glitter and glam but what is not talked about that creators and staff also suffer behind the scenes they need support and love. They do so much to make others happy they need love to also shine. When there is no support or communication it is hard for anyone to do anything having to show up for yourself. Not talking about one mesh body store talking about all them and creators that make stuff.  

Edited by BlueMoonLightz

Thanks for making this post, I was able to make a friend aware to hit the redeliver board.

I had Slink hands and feet back in the day! They were so pretty lol, I would literally go around barefoot as much as possible because of the prettiness 😂

Then bodies came out with all included and I moved on.

I feel sorry for creators these days honestly, so many different bodies to deal with and rig for. I could never have that much patience!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.