Slink is closing.

Eddy Vortex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 140 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was very surprised (and a little sad - Slink is still my favorite and most worn body), but it sounds like a change will be good for her, and I wish her the best in her new endeavors. 

edit to add:  It's already 1/1/23 for Siddean, but there's one little section of the region that's still accessible, and you can cam into the store from there to shop if there's something last minute that you want to get (or to spend your remaining credits on).

Edited by MoiraKathleen
  • Like 13

13 minutes ago, MoiraKathleen said:

edit to add:  It's already 1/1/23 for Siddean, but there's one little section of the region that's still accessible, and you can cam into the store from there to shop if there's something last minute that you want to get (or to spend your remaining credits on).

Wow. Yes. Not a whole lot of warning there.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Wow. Yes. Not a whole lot of warning there.

I went over right after the notice came out, to get a redelivery because I couldn't remember how long it had been and wanted to make sure I had the latest.   I was surprised to land in a little square corner with ban lines around, but there was an area almost adjacent with a redelivery terminal and a vendor for the extra alphas that could be cammed to.   The store was also still up a little further away (for camming into), but I was mainly just interested in the redelivery terminal.    I don't know for how long it will still be available though. 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, MoiraKathleen said:

I went over right after the notice came out, to get a redelivery because I couldn't remember how long it had been and wanted to make sure I had the latest.   I was surprised to land in a little square corner with ban lines around, but there was an area almost adjacent with a redelivery terminal and a vendor for the extra alphas that could be cammed to.   The store was also still up a little further away (for camming into), but I was mainly just interested in the redelivery terminal.    I don't know for how long it will still be available though. 

I should do the same. I'm sure mine is out of date. Thanks!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm very sorry to hear that. I liked Slink a lot, still wear Physique when I can, and found their customer service simply superb. It's too bad she stumbled so badly with the new bodies.

This is our loss.

I saw it more that she went above and beyond the other body makers in reducing the complexity of the Slink bodies. Support for it though wasn't there in spite of it needing to be.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

Used an alt to take a look. The in world store is still in place, but no one can enter inside. It is possible to zoom around a bit. Anyone entering the sim is locked in one spot. That hands and feet item can be had for L$0 if anyone needs it. It's 10:44 SLT/PT rn.

SerendipitousSands_AuParadis-SehrinaTomson-LelRaven-EdenSkin-12262022_003.jpg

SerendipitousSands_AuParadis-SehrinaTomson-LelRaven-EdenSkin-12262022_004.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Oh how sad :( Slink was my first mesh body and I wore Slink hands up until last November before I switched fully to Maitreya.

I'm wishing the creator all the goodness, it seems they need a whole lot of happy thoughts from all of us. They were one of the amazing trend setters in SL back in the day and I'm sure their contribution will always be remembered!

• Like 12

I learned so much from Siddean's work.  I still keep all my Slink Physique stuff, because it is still the shape I am looking for.  And I still think a fully BoM body is the right answer.

But, people move on, and I wish Siddean well.

• Like 8

My heart goes out to Siddean, if I'd been in her shoes with all that RL threw at her the last few years, I'd probably do the same soul-searching. I hope she finds a new venture beyond Second Life where she can put her talents to good use and get that spark back. 🤞🙏

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I think I had a couple of their bodies, but a few months when I went to get a redeliver, they ended up changing something where you had to contact them  if your redeliver didn't show up..

I  kind of just stopped there.. I never really wore them that much back then.. Plus was working on  cleaning my inventory at the time, so I took it as a sign.. hehehehehe

• Like 3

Their contribution to the SL community was so important. It is so sad to see they go, but I understand that sometimes people have to close some cycles and move on.

I still use Slink stuff with some alts and looks on myself. I'm gonna miss them.

• Like 8

Very sad to hear this news. Slink feet and hands were a blessings back in the days of the system avie. I also had a lot of the elf ears Siddean did. I think they made an error with the new body they brought out, as it didn't seem to take off at all. It seems they had an awful year, and I am not surprised to hear they are stepping away. Lets hope one day they come back with an amazing creation that knocks us all off our feet

• Like 6

Well this was sad. I had already thought about dropping my male Slink body on an alt. New stuff for it has dropped like a stone over the last years, and this is probably going to be the end of Slink sizes.

For female Slink too. But it is more newer things that include a Hourglass size, at least. Maybe it will be Reborn for that alt. 

• Like 5

She will  be missed,  We all love and support her . Sorry to hear of her Mother passing. The pandemic was hard for many. She must do what is best for her. Remember  the good times and the fond memory's we hold in are hearts. 

I have  beta tested her body when bom came out and was still in beta. She was very kind to help guide how to use it. 

I understand she did this alone with her husband with the work I loved when she made the hands and feet. It really helped us in those times. I just think she needs the support but not the forcing kind. Up to her a break is good for the soul when you take time for yourself you grow on finding what that meaning is.  

She needed the support I know people get quiet these days. I know she needed help with some things she worked hard and tried but sometimes you have to fail to win and pick yourself up. The end is the beginning of a blank page of a new fresh start. Mesh body craze but these are art these body's it should be about competition it should be embracing what each body has but some like to pick at body's we never done these things till the pandemic think got people to poke things we need to think better. Each body is a flower of beauty it meant for those  I love all body's can be whatever you want here we all got a story.  Many Mesh  body stores  go through things I know those things get missed its quiet   they go through   things  and the staff would support help lift hire media manager , second mesher  helper , a person who is visionary but you have to trust people in a team she deserves the best she is vet of sl as many do we have to stick together people need breaks take it slow never be overworked everyone needs time to breathe. 

I understand she did this alone with her husband with the work I loved when she made the hands and feet. It really helped us in those times. I just think she needs the support but not the forcing kind. Up to her a break is good for the soul when you take time for yourself you grow on finding what that meaning is it to leave for a while she could come back we don't know but sometimes you do things you gotta put your health and wellness first that comes first we can only think of the best pray send light of love.  Reaching out to her with support with out being forceful can help also the more support can lift a person spirt. 

Edited by BlueMoonLightz
  • Like 7

29 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

So sad to hear this, Siddean was one of the pioneers of mesh bodies in SL, I don't think we'd be where we are now without her.  I wish her all the best for the future.

One of my alts has Hourglass and I picked up a couple of redelivery boxes, just in case. 

I think Wowmeh was first. but Slink had learnt from their mistakes and released a much better body. The pioneer year 2014 was Wowmeh - Slink - TMP - Belleza - Maitreya.

I can't remember other bodies/brands for years after that. It must have been some.

Crazy how many years it has been since meshbodies were made. I spoke with one who had 6- 7 years hiatus from SL. She had bought Maitreya before her break.

I'm not sure what I do with my alt who has Hourglass. If Reborn has a sale, maybe I buy her that body.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

And such a graceful exit -- 15 years of visible accomplishments and a very nice goodbye with hope for the future.

Actually from what I read, it was anything but that. Sounds like she locked everything down and isn't even answering the people that worked with the body.

Burned every bridge on the way out, someone said. Sounds really unfortunate.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 140 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.