Do you primarily use a human avatar?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm normally human but feel most 'myself' as a tiny robot. I also enjoy being a feral animal, normally a cat or bunny, or a Dinkie cat. When I'm not in the mood to socialize or roleplay, I become a butterfly. The freedom to take on different forms is one of my favorite aspects of SL. Today I feel like being a hedgehog but could not find a realistic hedgehog avatar.

• Like 1

I was human for my first year in SL (2015), then a variety of androids / dolls until 2017, then moved through several skins and tattoos plus three different heads (EVE, GA:EG, Catwa) before ending up with my current custom skins and SKNK Vasaran head last year. :)

I've had a few alternative avatars, such as the Niramyth Wolfkin and a Dalek, but honestly I've not felt any need to use them for an age now, I love my current avatar that much. ❤️

At some point I'm going to try and go full non-human with a PsiCorp Nova body plus separate hands and feet. Being able to hack and mod my avi is one of the best things about SL. :)

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Nope. Primarily a frog now...

Occasional frog:

LNcdIBq.png

Or a greeny mer (not my usual triton):

tZPwCEO.png

Sometimes a half-wulluf:

MsCYtEF.jpg

Often a horny little demon:

hAJWsir.jpg

...who grows up bigger:

3fTO92m.png

And sometime, just sometimes, a human:

zF39XWu.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Most of my SL I was a human and had a terrific time.  For the last few years, Dinkie, and I'm having a terrific time too.  I once thought, oh for many, many years I'd never be anything but human.  But, then I saw a Dinkie, and thought it was so cute and I morphed.   I don't know when or if that will change.  Dinkies and tinies are hilarious for one.  We has fun, as we say.     

I'm usually humanoid, short, and the cutest person on the sim. If I am not the cutest person, I simply eject whoever is stopping me from being the cutest, with a stern warning to return in a fuglier condition than previously, or stay gone.

Just kidding, I don't really do that. I've never even had to. I'm always the cutest. XD

I have several non-human avatars, and use them frequently. One is a Deep One, worshipper of Dagon from The Shadow Over Innsmouth. Another is of the Great Race of Yith (from The Shadow Out Of Time), and another is a ghoul, ala Pickman's Model. Yep, all Lovecraftian creatures. Astute of you to notice~!

I often like to look the part depending on which area of the sim I'm in, like the underwater area under the harbor, or the cemeteries, etc. My monster avatars are sort of like work uniforms in a sense, but each is also distictively... well, me, also. If anything, they're just other bodies I wear, and it's all in keeping with my character, so nobody can even dog me for changing my look here and there.

I mean, it's not all about scaring people, sometimes I just like to look the part. If it was all about scaring people, I'd just go around as a kid all the time. I roll up on my bike, and they run, because they know true evil when they see it. True evil is short and cute.

Edited by PheebyKatz

Primarily human (98% of the time) for Kat, always human as my male alt.

Kat can also appear as a wolf, deer, or cheetah (courtesy of TWI), a pale ball-joint doll (COCOs newest version), or a domestic house cat.

Of those non-humans, most often the cat. I wish clubs would be more tolerant of her ... I literally just go in and find a quiet corner or table or sofa to nap on. I haven't yet been fully banned from any of them but have been temporarily booted from some of the most well known ones.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 2

I think this was the closest I have came to not being human.. I mean If this isn't considered human.. I don't ever walk around like this because I probably wouldn't rez to a lot of people.. hehehe

But I like creating charactors.. I think I did one time years ago try to make a Panther, but wasn't happy with how it turned out.. then another time there was part cyborg, but somehow got sidetracked by something and never finished that one..  I got the Tron bike, the race track and all kinds of goodies and it was coming along great..

I hope I didn't  throw that stuff out, I might try putting that together again..

If I do things like that it's usually just for pictures really.. The things i put together usually are not very rez friendly and wear out just about all my attach points trying to get very detailed.. So they really aren't too good to be going into other peoples sims with I don't think. hehehe

52257430340_cc40b9c081_k.jpg

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 8

On this av, yes, always human. On my alt that I use for wandering, I have some (quad) animal avatars, mostly from TWI. I find it super peaceful to explore as an animal. Creating them is fun too, with all the mods available. I've been a furry once or twice, couldn't really get into it. Though, again, lots of beautifully made mods out there.

I'm always human - but I do have a test alt that can be anything it wants, from a 10ft tall robot to a flying flower pot.

It's really just a test alt although it can occasionally be seen out clubbing.

Even within SL, it's strangely liberating to escape the constraints of being your usual self and instead become something really silly for an hour or two!

Edited by Conifer Dada
  • Like 1

It depends on what I am doing.  If I am driving, boating, horseback riding, or bicycle riding I am human, because of the design of most vehicles is for human sized avatars.  Otherwise, I have designed most of my builds around a smaller avatar.  Having a smaller avatar makes what land I do have, seem so much larger 🙃  I often go out exploring in this avatar, if I am not riding a vehicle.  It is also fun to go amongst the giants of SL in this form, and explore their gigantic builds.

Snapshot_280.thumb.png.5b228751c32309b671c96f071e787387.png

Ever since I was a kid, the thought being small was kind of neat.  I'm not entirely sure what my fascination with it is, perhaps just how fewer resources would be needed.  I would like to try to envision what my house would look like from a smaller perspective, as I would think of it more like a mansion, a bathtub would be like a pool, my television would be more so like a movie theater.. everything else would be bigger.  

Movies like Downsizing were a lot of fun for me to watch 

At this avatar size, I can pack a lot of stuff in a 512sqm parcel so it works pretty well, I feel like I get so much more when I am in my smaller avatar.  In the first picture, I am in my Bellisseria house which was designed for a regular sized avatar, and as you can see everything looks huge.  I have another 512, which has been customized around this avatar and it has so much more space to get creative with.

Lately I have mostly been driving around in SL though, so I have been using my human avatar a lot.  

9 hours ago, Istelathis said:

I feel like I get so much more when I am in my smaller avatar. 

This does make physical space look and feel more spacious. Unfortunately, a microscopic prim still counts as a prim, so you don't gain the ability to fill your 512 Linden Home with a lot more stuff. (This is offset a bit by the fact that meshes DO have a smaller land impact when they are small, but you still can't go under 1 prim per object.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

I occasionally use the Jinx Cen-Lightaur on my main but it annoys my partner.

I'm curious why is your partner annoyed by your use of a nonhuman av?

Back on topic

I am human for most of my SL, but occasionally for fun, I'll put on an animal like a hamster, sugar glider, petite, spider, or dinkie.  I have several goofy avatars like a plate of peas, an eyeball avatar, a tiny house fly, stick figure, turkey vulture, Grendel, tree, or wisp that I'll put on for laughs.  99%  of the time I'm just a plain, boring human.

Yes I am always human. The whole non-human thing is cool but I have never been into it.

But to save on managing alt accounts (I don't want to have alt accounts), and re-use clothing (saves money), I created four very distinct looks for my one avatar, but only one looks somewhat like me :) I love people who chat with me guessing.

Edited by Emily Foxpaws

While my avatar is human, I've been having fun with little fantasy additions like elf ears, skin glitters, horns and other stuff! I'm also planning a way more magical look and already bought purple skin for it ☺️ Still human though lol. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.