1 hour ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

Tooth abscesses. Thankfully, waiting for treatment now, but just tooth abscesses. They are that one pet peeve for me.

I had one when I was pregnant which I guess is quite common.  In a dentist chair, lying back, 8 months pregnant.  I don't recommend it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:
1 hour ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

Tooth abscesses. Thankfully, waiting for treatment now, but just tooth abscesses. They are that one pet peeve for me.

I had one when I was pregnant which I guess is quite common.  In a dentist chair, lying back, 8 months pregnant.  I don't recommend it.

I'm an expert now..every single tooth has had a crown, root canal, or apicoectomy. So, yeah.

*Edit* A better list: Braces, veneers, fillings, crowns, root canals, apicoectomies when root canals fail, a few extractions, bridges

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Peeve: "Small" script changes resulted in hours of testing due to 1 misunderstood issue.

"Why is my code looping!?!?"" *turns on all the debugging* *modifies lots of code*

..due to 1 value being set to "2" instead of "1" which worked great with the previous paradigm.

"Small" my tush.

Edited by Love Zhaoying

9 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I'm an expert now..every single tooth has had a crown, root canal, or apicoectomy. So, yeah.

*Edit* A better list: Braces, veneers, fillings, crowns, root canals, apicoectomies when root canals fail, a few extractions, bridges

I'm sorry to hear that you've had such dental issues. :(

Had an abscess in my thirties that made the left side of my face completely swell. That set off a whole other mess I won't go into detail about, but just say took ten years for me to recover as much as I could from what was wrong. I'm trully sorry for anyone who experiences them because they aren't fun.

Edited by Dafadilia Wayfarer
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

A peeve is them marketing an antenna as a digital antenna.  One f the TVs we have runs off an 50 year old set of rabbit ears and gets a decent picture. Antenna are antennas.  Sometimes in SL you'll also see houses sometimes that have old school aerials on top of them.

I remember the first "ariels" that were "remote controlled". If you were well off enough to have a second tv, you were forced to watch whatever was on the first/main tv. At the time they hadn't developed a way to "separate" the signal in order to watch two different programs. 

I also remember something my mother said about the new-fangled cable tv. Something about being careful what you wish for. Here I am 50 years later...

I am NOT going to ever be the one to have to hold those damn floppy rabbit ears in place, ever again! 😜

57 minutes ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

I'm sorry to hear that you've had such dental issues. :(

Had an abscess in my thirties that made the left side of my face completely swell. That set off a whole other mess I won't go into detail about, but just say took ten years for me to recover as much as I could from what was wrong. I'm trully sorry for anyone who experiences them because they aren't fun.

Because all the work is "done", I don't think about it much. Too bad it is not affordable. But I gots a purdy mouf!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Happy Rez Day !!!

In case you forget again, just look at your own profile. 

image.png.c59a201b4b072a022e3fd28245dab309.png

I knew it was sometime early in January but it slipped my mind.  I don't usually get emails from LL - so now I know that their email seems to work. For this, at least. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: I couldn't remember my Rez Day. But now that I know it's January 6th (16 years ago), I'll probably remember.

Peeve #2: When your photo roll suddenly has lots of unintentional pictures of elbows, or shoulders or something. Arms.

CB4A97B7-7D53-4283-9587-D25F9FF7FB99.jpeg

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: I couldn't remember my Rez Day. But now that I know it's January 6th (16 years ago), I'll probably remember.

Peeve #2: When your photo roll suddenly has lots of unintentional pictures of elbows, or shoulders or something. Arms.

Happy Sweet 16! I'd say Happy Rez Day but I'm a day late and 16 lasts the whole year. So you'd have to be 17 for me to be late then.. hehehe

When you're late ,talk your way into being on time.. hehehe

• Thanks 1

Peeve: The constant discrimination (regardless of intent) in SL against those of us who are deaf or have hearing loss. Requiring voice is discrimination against us even if you never intended it to be. Yes, I'm aware there are those who simply don't care. That's the problem with humans and another peeve. People don't care unless it happens to them or someone they care about. Just think, if they had actually cared to begin with, there might already be a cure because they would have likely been at least some small part of that journey. Sort of like being part of the solution rather than part of the problem.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Requiring voice is discrimination against us even if you never intended it to be.

I agree, but for me it's not a big deal. I'm not deaf, although I do have some high frequency loss; I just don't use voice. I am rarely in places where people are using voice and I've never been somewhere that requires it, so that's a large part of it. There's little incentive. Basically, though, I find that voice kills my sense of immersion in SL. If a random person around me starts using it, I'm usually unaware. If they don't want  to read my typed chat (typos and all), that's their loss.

• Like 5

I'm deaf in SL too like many others too, but out of free will.
I Never ever use voice.
Not to hear the talking, nor to use it.
90%+ of the people don't have mic voices or any clue how to talk properly so that others (especially non natives or non locals) can make something out of what is said.
I can read English pretty fluent, but I can't understand Cockney English, Swamp English, Texan English, Indian English, Japanese English, Scottish English, Irish English, just to name a few hard to follow accents for the untrained ear.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

I'm deaf in SL too like many others too, but out of free will.
I Never ever use voice.
Not to hear the talking, nor to use it.
90%+ of the people don't have mic voices or any clue how to talk properly so that others (especially non natives or non locals) can make something out of what is said.
I can read English pretty fluent, but I can't understand Cockney English, Swamp English, Texan English, Indian English, Japanese English, Scottish English, Irish English, just to name a few hard to follow accents for the untrained ear.

I don't use voice due my bad stuttering problem and even have issues in our RL bar business. Since me and my man are proficient in Sign Language, we usually communicate that way, even when vendors visit the bar.

As for SL voice, I will listen if it's a small group of peeps I know, like some music performers when I ran a club --- but I type back.

Reading a "health news" email this morning and learning "black pepper fights chronic inflammation!" Cool. I like black pepper. I can add it to more things.

Think this would be a good addition to a hot, freshly made, gorgeous plate of huevos rancheros, only to find out mid-shake that the pepper top is loose and dump half a bottle of ground black pepper on the wet egg dish. :|

I should be without inflammation within seconds of my first bite...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Reading a "health news" email this morning and learning "black pepper fights chronic inflammation!" Cool. I like black pepper. I can add it to more things.

Think this would be a good addition to a hot, freshly made, gorgeous plate of huevos rancheros, only to find out mid-shake that the pepper top is loose and dump half a bottle of ground black pepper on the wet egg dish. :|

I should be without inflammation within seconds of my first bite...

I was reading yesterday that black pepper combined with turmeric enhances the effects:

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/turmeric-and-black-pepper#curcumin-absorption

• Like 4