7 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I don't get it. Most people want things to be mod. 

I mean, yeah, that's why they do it.
On one hand, I get it, making clothes and rigging it for multiple bodies is a pain. And I am absolutely okay to give them more bucks for their bang - in the end, I WANT my creators to make stuff and get paid for their work. But I don't want to be "forced" to dish out the biggest bucks when I now I only want maybe 1-3 colours.

• Like 1

Between all the frowning angry-faced models and the I-just-got-beat-up tattoos.  I am a bit turned off by the skin fair.

Also, I can't seem to find Cinn's sweet spot (hush, I don't feel like rephrasing that) between frumpy clothes and hypersexualized clothes.  I just want to update a cute miniskirt without my butt cheeks hanging out.  Have hemlines for skirts risen in the last decade?  When did necklines reach the bellybutton instead of the chest?  If I wanted clothes that looked like I'm just wearing a censorship bar, I'd buy them.

/me grumps off to try a few demos that I probably won't like...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Between all the frowning angry-faced models and the I-just-got-beat-up tattoos.  I am a bit turned off by the skin fair.

Also, I can't seem to find Cinn's sweet spot (hush, I don't feel like rephrasing that) between frumpy clothes and hypersexualized clothes.  I just want to update a cute miniskirt without my butt cheeks hanging out.  Have hemlines for skirts risen in the last decade?  When did necklines reach the bellybutton instead of the chest?  If I wanted clothes that looked like I'm just wearing a censorship bar, I'd buy them.

Try ISON and Thalia Heckroth.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Also Neve and Just Because.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Also, I can't seem to find Cinn's sweet spot (hush, I don't feel like rephrasing that) between frumpy clothes and hypersexualized clothes.  I just want to update a cute miniskirt without my butt cheeks hanging out. 

Peek at Tres Blah. Valentina E., too, if you're feeling fancy.

• Like 2

Speaking of the skin fair, I was a little upset by all of the skins being sold having morphed pictures for ads.

It seems like more and more skin makers are doing this.

I want to know how the skin is going to look in SL, not the model you sourced the skin from...with SL features blended into it.

Edited by Janet Voxel
  • Like 3

So I'm moving house next month and as a result, there are boxes everywhere and the house is pretty much a bombsite.  And cleaning?  Forget about it!  I will pay someone to do that when the place is emptied out.

So this morning...WITHOUT WARNING...the property manager shows up to do her three monthly inspection.  I usually get at least one week's notice via email and snail mail...but nothing was sent!

So been given a 14 day notice that she will be back to check the house has been cleaned...which to be honest I don't really care about cos moving in a month!

But I'm still peeved cos I was sleeping...but would have at least vacuumed, mopped the floors and done the dishes if I knew she was coming today!

Cannot wait to move and be out from under the thumbs of property managers!!!!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

So I'm moving house next month and as a result, there are boxes everywhere and the house is pretty much a bombsite.  And cleaning?  Forget about it!  I will pay someone to do that when the place is emptied out.

So this morning...WITHOUT WARNING...the property manager shows up to do her three monthly inspection.  I usually get at least one week's notice via email and snail mail...but nothing was sent!

So been given a 14 day notice that she will be back to check the house has been cleaned...which to be honest I don't really care about cos moving in a month!

But I'm still peeved cos I was sleeping...but would have at least vacuumed, mopped the floors and done the dishes if I knew she was coming today!

Cannot wait to move and be out from under the thumbs of property managers!!!!

They inspect the INSIDE of your house?   I have never heard of such a thing!!

I only open the door if someone made an appointment with me. Three times I opened the door without appointment; First to my grandmother, whomst I've never given my adress, nor did I want her to have it (Thanks, mom), second to Jehovas Witnesses, and third was some representatives of an internetprovider and energy provider (Or are they called solsistors? - You know, the sales people who try to hassle you into signing contracts at the doorstep ).
Since I want to feel safe at home, I thusly play dead whenever the doorbell rings. Either people make an appointment, or they text me when they're feeling spontaneous.

1 hour ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

I only open the door if someone made an appointment with me. Three times I opened the door without appointment; First to my grandmother, whomst I've never given my adress, nor did I want her to have it (Thanks, mom), second to Jehovas Witnesses, and third was some representatives of an internetprovider and energy provider (Or are they called solsistors? - You know, the sales people who try to hassle you into signing contracts at the doorstep ).
Since I want to feel safe at home, I thusly play dead whenever the doorbell rings. Either people make an appointment, or they text me when they're feeling spontaneous.

Yes, they are called solicitors. I need to make a new sign for my place. It says, more or less, "No solicitors, religious or otherwise."

The fine print? Oh. 

It reads, "The wife is worse than the dog, the owner and the gun together! You've been warned." 

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Neve also has some decent looking clothes as well, not your butt hanging out. lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cali Souther said:

They inspect the INSIDE of your house?   I have never heard of such a thing!!

A property manager would mean she's probably renting?  At least that's how it is in the US.  They always inspect the interior when you move out.

56 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

A property manager would mean she's probably renting?  At least that's how it is in the US.  They always inspect the interior when you move out.

Yeah, but not typically a full month ahead of time.  At least not anywhere that I ever rented in the past.

From her post, it sounds like it's a quarterly inspection by the property manager?   

15 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

the property manager shows up to do her three monthly inspection.  I usually get at least one week's notice via email and snail mail

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Yes, they are called solicitors. I need to make a new sign for my place. It says, more or less, "No solicitors, religious or otherwise."

The fine print? Oh. 

It reads, "The wife is worse than the dog, the owner and the gun together! You've been warned." 

For those of you who laughed... I'm the wife. Do you really want to piss me off?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

second to Jehovas Witnesses

Last time I had a visit from those guys, they woke me up after a night out. So I just threw my morning gown (and between being newly awakened, hungover, and in a rush to the door, I didn't tie a very good knot) and swung the door open, hanging against the doorpost. My long hair and beard were a mess, the gown that was basically open down to the waist revealed a Thor's hammer pendant the side of a palm, and the first sentence that my hoarse voice rung out contained no less than two words that are Christianly profane. They didn't stay for long. Didn't even give me a pamphlet! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2