I've had the wonky axis problems with prim objects where the creator carelessly linked in some weirdly oriented prim last. I had a sofa with a pillow as root, requiring that linkset be oriented at 271/54/116 (or some such nonsense) to sit flat on the floor. If I ever meet the person who made that sofa, I know exactly what I'd do with the pillow if I still had it.

• Haha 4

46 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

But when the root prim is at a really odd rotation relative to the environment, and usually the rest of the object, it can be annoying as hell.

I'm far from being any sort of builder but if I understand correctly what you are meaning then I usually play with that drop down menu beside the unlink button in the edit menu ( Grid Ruler) that allows a selection of World, Reference or Local to change the axis direction orientation. One of those usually allows better positioning even if the default is wonky.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I'm far from being any sort of builder but if I understand correctly what you are meaning then I usually play with that drop down menu beside the unlink button in the edit menu ( Grid Ruler) that allows a selection of World, Reference or Local to change the axis direction orientation. One of those usually allows better positioning even if the default is wonky.

I've never tried that.  I will now.  Thanks

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

That's a neat solution to some problems but I don't think it would work for situations where the root prim is aligned on a really random axis.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Panteleeva said:

Was shopping at Blueberry and Got random IM from dude with very rude screen name

him:hello

i didnt responded.

him in 30 mins:

thank you for ignore,tells a lot about you. 

"And your screenname and behaviour says a lot about you as well. Somehow, I am not concerned what the likes of you think of me. Strange how that works, eh? I'd ask you to do something for the environment and go play pick-up artist with the trash, but seeing how miserable you are at that, we'd propably drown in garbage."

And that'd tell him all he needs to know about me. I am an asshat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

"And your screenname and behaviour says a lot about you as well. Somehow, I am not concerned what the likes of you think of me. Strange how that works, eh? I'd ask you to do something for the environment and go play pick-up artist with the trash, but seeing how miserable you are at that, we'd propably drown in garbage."

And that'd tell him all he needs to know about me. I am an asshat.

thank you Sukubia, thats brilliant. Also he muted me,lol

• Haha 2

You peeps and your axis of ebil! 😆
Best thing about my 3d work is the mesh items are for 3d printing only, and I use the superb
NetFab free mesh finalising software to orient the models and check their surfaces/sizing pre printing.
I got Netfab before Austodesk hoovered it into their incredibly bloated catalogue of 3 million products you'll never need
at incredibly exorbitant prices. 😝

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 7:21 AM, Silent Mistwalker said:

Peeve: Existence of humans

Reason: Humans are planet killers.

These photos capture the devastating impact of climate crisis (msn.com)

I should have made sure I was at the beginning of the slideshow before posting the link that puts you at the last 4 frames.

Let's try this again.

These photos capture the devastating impact of climate crisis (msn.com)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Like...you can't go to work naked??

Like being even more prude than the late Bob Saget, RIP, in his most sweetest Full House Episode, who actually liked the occassional dirty joke.

Bare nudity is not justifiedly banhammered by 'Guidelines'.

Edited by Solo Alpha
  • Confused 2

Threads being locked before reasonable questions get answers. I still want to know why I keep seeing people in the FS support group asking/being told how to enable Advanced and Develop menus if they are enabled as default settings. If they are enabled, it's a fairly recent change as they used to not be. You had to enable Advanced before you could get to the Developer menu to enable it, even on the official viewer. I save my preferences between versions, so I don't have to go through and change everything again every time I update. Most more seasoned residents do the same.

So, I guess I'll never know what the big stink was about. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Silent Mistwalker