4 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

And now I'll never sleep again 😨

No, no. You guys are lucky you have so few venomous types. And they are not as bad as the ones in Australia.

Note that the ones you should be most cautious of are the widows.

https://www.britannica.com/list/9-of-the-worlds-deadliest-spiders

Now, when you get ready for bed, take a moment and enjoy the best of Lucas. Everybody loves Lucas!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Orwar said:

.. Whut. I've had the same phone number since I first got a phone. Changed phones a few times since then, even sim cards. 

Still can't remember my own number. It's only been 16-17 years or so?

I've been lucky enough to be able to do that too with previous phones, however this one needed a nano sim card and my previous one couldn't go any smaller.  

1 hour ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I've been lucky enough to be able to do that too with previous phones, however this one needed a nano sim card and my previous one couldn't go any smaller.  

Through the many evolutions of cellular phone technology, never once have I had to change my number. Not even when updating to a phone that took a smaller SIM Card type than the previous. My number has always carried forward.

Then again I have not ever had to go to a physical store to get an emergency replacement device on such short notice either.

10 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

I keep thinking "We're in Spring!"... we're having bright sunshine most days, and I was warm for a few nights in February...but here we are, nearly in April, and I am FREEZING tonight 😓

I'm enjoying these last few nights of low temperatures.. I love the cold more than the heat and fall is probably my favorite season ,when we have one.. hehehe

The heat, I just really don't like it.. I'm living in a state where it is so dang hot during the summer.. What do I do? I decide to step away from the family businesses , because too much family ios not a good thing..Then get a job in a place that is 30 degrees hotter than it is outside.. hehehe

It's not hot where I am, but when I walk the floor, it's pretty unbearable.. I don't know how those guys in production do it to be honest..

They are in beast mode all the time.. It's no wonder we can't keep that many temps .. hehehe

Some leave before the first break and never come back..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

I keep thinking "We're in Spring!"... we're having bright sunshine most days, and I was warm for a few nights in February...but here we are, nearly in April, and I am FREEZING tonight 😓

Today is Spring Equinox so you're safe. 🤭

• Like 1

I thought all spiders were poisonous, and it was just a case of whether or not their poison was dangerous to humans. I scanned that article; seems to confirm there are no species in the UK that would cause worse harm than an inflamed bite at the most, unless you already have some kind of allergy etc; same as wasps.

Australia's spiders, and other animals for that matter, do seem to be literal overkill. What on earth does a small spider or even a jellyfish eat that requires enough venom to drop a carthorse?

One of the things that annoy me are the trees and other landscaping items that are just plonked down on the terrain (see left example) without any effort at blending into the ground. Most of them can be partially retextured with the terrain textures in your Library (right example) . ( Yes, I could have done better.)

Also I would like to complain that one of my neighbor's houses is set three degrees off true.

treebases.jpg

Edited by Rufferta
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Rufferta said:

One of the things that annoy me are the trees and other landscaping items that are just plonked down on the terrain (see left example) without any effort at blending into the ground. Most of them can be partially retextured with the terrain textures in your Library (right example) . ( Yes, I could have done better.)

Also I would like to complain that one of my neighbor's houses is set three degrees off true.

treebases.jpg

I must have been in SL for about a year before someone explained how and why to set items square.  Especially houses and furniture.  But that was after I accidentally deleted the house and was trying to set it back up around the furniture.  Some people might not know.  I'm a fairly intelligent person but just never paid much attention to placement.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I must have been in SL for about a year before someone explained how and why to set items square.  Especially houses and furniture.  But that was after I accidentally deleted the house and was trying to set it back up around the furniture.  Some people might not know.  I'm a fairly intelligent person but just never paid much attention to placement.

Actually I didn't notice the house was off-kilter until I tried to put up a hedge to hide the fact that there was air under part of the building.

I really, really wish people would just stop buying things - rezzable items - that do not have a floor model out.   If everyone would just stop buying such items, then creators would actually start making sure they have a floor model out for people to look at.  There are just way too many creators that aren't putting out floor models.  If LI is tight, then they can just put out a rezzer, so that not all of the items are actually rezzed at the same time.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I really, really wish people would just stop buying things - rezzable items - that do not have a floor model out.   If everyone would just stop buying such items, then creators would actually start making sure they have a floor model out for people to look at.  There are just way too many creators that aren't putting out floor models.  If LI is tight, then they can just put out a rezzer, so that not all of the items are actually rezzed at the same time.

Blessed are the builders who tell you the dimensions of their build, and those who will give you a demo prim so that you can check the size on your land.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I thought all spiders were poisonous, and it was just a case of whether or not their poison was dangerous to humans. I scanned that article; seems to confirm there are no species in the UK that would cause worse harm than an inflamed bite at the most, unless you already have some kind of allergy etc; same as wasps.

Australia's spiders, and other animals for that matter, do seem to be literal overkill. What on earth does a small spider or even a jellyfish eat that requires enough venom to drop a carthorse?

Well there's this tiny little (absolutely gorgeous) octopus. He so deadly because he's so small. Size absolutely matters.

baby-blue-ringed-octopus-on-hand-1200x62

Ever notice how the most beautiful things in the universe on the planet are also the most deadly?

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Personal pet peeve... 

People who make a Flickr account specifically for SL and dont use their SL name.. Then like and comment on others pictures and wonder why they didnt get an inworld response to their request. 

When everyone and their grandmama is named Kitty, Venus or Mistress, how do you figure out which is the right person you're looking for amongst hundreds given in search results?  Display names mean nothing.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

When everyone and their grandmama is named Kitty, Venus or Mistress, how do you figure out which is the right person you're looking for amongst hundreds given in search results?  Display names mean nothing.

I dont believe i mentioned Display names... 

1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I dont believe i mentioned Display names... 

No, you didn't.  From what I've seen, a few SLers on Flickr only went by their Display names with no clues to their user names, thus finding them inworld is near impossible.

Edited by Eddy Vortex

2 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

When everyone and their grandmama is named Kitty, Venus or Mistress

Oh, you know my cousin, Mistress Kitty Venus? ^_^

On 3/22/2021 at 2:57 PM, Eddy Vortex said:

No, you didn't.  From what I've seen, a few SLers on Flickr only went by their Display names with no clues to their user names, thus finding them inworld is near impossible.

You can actually search display names. Even the weird fonts. However, I mean the people that have a name that is nothing like their SL one, display or otherwise. 

Its like, great, you would like me to consider letting you model my clothing... If you dont reply to my DM in Flickr and you name isnt in SL, how does that get you hired?