How big is your block list?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How many entries are on your block list in world? After 16 years, mine stands at 194 entries. I have to say, I am pretty fast to block people. I don't put up with creepiness, or trolling, and I don't engage with anyone who annoys me in that way, I just immediately block. What about you, do you make much use of the block feature in world?

• Like 6

I'd say 95% of my Blocklist is spam or a persistent creepy guy who used to post ads looking for 'girls who were submissive when younger' from endless throwaway accounts. But even that amounts to only around 60 accounts. And honestly I think I could safely clear the spam ones as they've all likely been banned. 

• Like 4

They're not more than 10 people. Idk, may be I'm too kind with people. I had a real fight with a friend. It was the first time I got so mad to someone in sl. I blocked him, after few days I felt awful and unblocked him. But that's all. No more interactons with that guy. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dragon Mommy said:

I'd say 95% of my Blocklist is spam or a persistent creepy guy who used to post ads looking for 'girls who were submissive when younger' from endless throwaway accounts.

Oh yeah, everyone has run into him at one time or another. He used the same opening line and often the same name with just a different number on the end. I haven't seen him in many months so maybe he moved on?

My own block list is small but always room for more!

Most of them are guys that got all "icky-cooties!!!" uppity when they failed to note my RL gender in their attempts to seduce.

The other batch are a selection of the most annoying groupies at various clubs (especially Exhale) who just can not shut up and spam the Nearby chats every 5 seconds with gestures and annoying sounds. I sometimes unblock them when I head out of the club, but there are 3 or 4 at Exhale that make such constant noise I just immediately TP out if I arrive and see them there.

I've also blocked a few DJs. Play your music and SHUT UP already!

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 2

It sort of depends on where the blocking occurred.  If they are banned from my space then they get an automatic get out of jail free card when I move because I tend to jump around in Bellisseria.  It's part of the fun of game of homes.  Fix up a place, get it just right, take pictures then abandon it and fix up a new place. I don't waste any time taking my banned list with me. 

If I've blocked an individual so that I don't see them anywhere except as a greyed out jelly doll then they are likely to stay banned.  Once in a very great while I run into someone who is greyed out because I blocked them in the past.  When that happens sometimes I've unblocked them just to see if they warrant staying blocked.  Then re-blocking them shortly afterwards.  I'm not really into re-experiencing unpleasant occasions. 

If it's someone I've blocked in the forums, which is a rather small list, I tend to free them on a case by case basis.  If they get quoted a lot, I am exposed to their words even though I've blocked them.  There are a couple who I've taken off blocking because either they've changed over time or I've gotten used to them or it's become too hard to follow the conversation when I can't see what they said.  Sometimes I'm just lazy and get tired of using the "just let me see this one post" feature and so I unblock them.  Sometimes I regret that and back they go.

• Like 1

I don't have any people on it, but I do have nine objects listed.  I believe most of the objects are near one of my parcels and make noise, I also have a mesh middle finger that rotates and changes colors blocked, unfortunately in the viewer I often use I can not derender it though.  The thing that bothers me about that finger is not really that I find it inappropriate, but I think it may intentionally have been put there by someone who is trying to sell me or my neighbor their 16sm parcel for $5k by placing what they may assume is annoying enough for one of us to purchase.  It is more expensive than some of the parcels multiple times its size.  I don't like reporting things, plus I a not psychic and don't actually know the intention behind it,  so I just let it be.

The rest of the objects just make noise, I could block all noises  from my parcel but decided just to block them.

Edited by Istelathis

6 hours ago, Dragon Mommy said:

a persistent creepy guy who used to post ads looking for 'girls who were submissive when younger'

This must be a busy fellow! I've encountered his freshly created alts at Welcome Island.

As for my block list...not many. I check it every now and then and clear it, especially if I read names and can't remember what I blocked them for.

• Like 2

858 after adding  3 more gesturbators today.  It fluctuates day to day.  If you're body parts, spanker, poofer or whatnot annoys me, I'll block but may unblock the next time I see you.  I also block repeated jellydolls.  If everytime I see your avatar, it's a jellydoll that earns you a spot on the list, too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, more or less the entire resident population of SL (taking into account that everyone else is a bot).

😎

To be fair, those blocks aren't all people.  I'd say it's evenly distributed between people and objects. 

• Like 1

Avatars not many, objects yes, a lot.

I block all full bright landscape around my places, lights that light up a house like it is on fire and spam objects.

I didn't know that there is a limit, I'll have to check old blocks and unblock one of these days

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.