What are some things that SL creators do that you really appreciate?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 666 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What things make it better for you as a customer when purchasing from a store? Things that you appreciate about creators, that might make you go back. Either the items themselves, or the service provided.

For me, I really appreciate it when creators include a picture of the item in the package, so that I don't have to try on or rez everything to see what it is. This does not make me more likely to buy from a creator, it's a small thing, but I wish everyone would do it.

When buying houses, I like to see the dimensions of the house listed, sometimes they are not and then I can't buy the house in most cases. Some stores provide a footprint of the house so you can rez it on your land to check if the house will fit and that is just the best thing, especially if you have an odd shaped parcel.

• Like 10

Yes, I definitely like pictures of items and footprints for houses.

I also want a demo for trying things on -- for all clothing and hair -- and will not buy it without one.  I also HATE demos that just have a generic 'demo' texture.  I usually will not buy it, because I to not trust the true item will be textured well.

For Home & Garden items, I want to see a rezzed copy - and I do NOT want it linked to anything else, nor do I want to see a reduced size of the item.  I want to know what the LI really is at normal rez size and I want to be able to inspect the triangles of each piece.  For H&G, items must be Mod.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 7

I like it when they -

label the object with the name of the item, colour or pattern, and mesh body size - e.g. Emma's Flared Skirt - Green - MAITREYA

similarly label the HUD -  Emma's Flared Skirt - HUD

allow me to IM them or their CSR, and do NOT require a notecard being sent "cos LM's get capped"

• Like 6

What I really love is those huds that some use where you can choose what to unpack.. I think that was really considerate of them to use those..

I think the easier it is to unpack something, even though it might sound trivial,  the more enjoyable the experience.. There is no fun in unpacking 3 boxes to finally get to the product, then realize you have 5 more other things you bought from them.. hehehehe

I really love when there is an image in there.. It saves so mucn time just opening a folder and clicking the image to see what's there.. Lets face it, a lot of us have things that are years old that we've forgotten what was in there.. hehehe

I also love when you can tell a creator has taken their time to do the texturing, rather than get a mesh and let world lighting do the rest with only adding colors..

I love when they don't have demo covering every bit of their demos, so that you can see the product. And really love when they don't use one try only and timers..

Soon as I see a timer pop up I just take everything off and throw anything out that I was gonna try on after that.. Times up for both of us! hehehe

I really appreciate the creators that put thought into their customers experience.. I think that and quality are my top two, with customer service also being part of the experience..

With any creator so far that I've had to send a note card or IM with, So far my experiences and the service from them has been really top bar..

I can't say enough good things about the good creators in our community.❤️:)

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 9

When they put ALL the pieces of an outfit in ONE demo folder especially at events.  Top, bottom, shoes and anything else in the specific 'outfit'. 

I don't want everything boxed in separate boxes for each item at the event.  I hate having to unbox 5 demos and then having 10 folders.  One folder, all items grouped by size please.

• Like 8

Prices that make sense that point more toward buying the fatpack. You know the ones where the creator doesn't pretend nor think we don't comparison shop...

Mod privileges. Though not always required but if I'm on the fence about purchasing something this would tip the scale.

At the very least, those who actually list what their privileges are. Maybe I am just noticing this now but this used to be the norm now it seems a lot of creators don't even bother anymore. Chances are if I am not familiar with your products this certainly doesn't help me trust you. And 99% of time I'm just going to walk away . 

Materials. Probably the thing I appreciate most in anything in game. Is how it looks at high resolution.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

What I really love is those huds that some use where you can choose what to unpack.. I think that was really considerate of them to use those..

I think the easier it is to unpack something, even though it might sound trivial,  the more enjoyable the experience.. There is no fun in unpacking 3 boxes to finally get to the product, then realize you have 5 more other things you bought from them.

The option to unpack the sizes you want was brilliant!  And long overdue, IMO.

I recently bought a fatpack for an outfit from a certain well-known creator.  Not only did it come in one box with boxes for each item, it also had a box that contained just the HUDs for each item.  I had to unpack that and move each HUD into the appropriate folder with the item it controlled.  I was just shaking my head, wondering WTH were they thinking.

• Sad 4

Mini fatpacks that can all be used on the same item, especially when they're discounted for weekend sales. I can put all the HUDs in the same folder to save inventory space.

Blueberry is great at this. I'll get a Classics or Darks HUD, then maybe Florals, Stripes or Seasonal HUDs. I can collect more at later sales too, rather than buying them all at once.

Addams has them beat for being able to deliver just the size you want though.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 3

When their huds can be resized. I and every other visually impared person thank those creators.

I also like when they inculde style cards or notecards on items both in and out of store that can be mix and matched with the item I bought.

colours clearly labeled.

But my favourite thing is when they inculde a redelivery hud just in case.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Robin Kiyori said:

I also like when they inculde style cards or notecards on items both in and out of store that can be mix and matched with the item I bought.

It's really to their advantage to do that, if it is saying what they are wearing in the ad for the item particularly. Creators must get so many IMs asking them what they are wearing in their advertising photos, stating it up front would put a stop to the endless questions. And if the photos include items from their own stores, it's a bit of extra promotion, too. I don't like it when creators ignore requests from people who ask what they are wearing in ads, I have seen this a bit on Flickr, and been ignored when I have asked myself, puts me off buying their stuff to be honest.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, blaireberry said:

❤️ Free updates (instead of making you buy again)

I am always shocked when free updates are not a thing, and I am seeing this a bit lately, with the addition of new bodies for clothing, and certain creators making you buy again for that.

Edited by Stephanie Lovely
typo
  • Like 4

Here's a thing that's rare, but I really appreciated that one clothing creator who was at the last Shop and Hop had a note on her vendor boards saying she'd make the outfit in other sizes if requested. I asked her to make one dress for me to fit Freya and promised to buy the fat pack if she did. She did and even gave me the discounted price that was at Shop and Hop. I like all the pretty floral texture options, so it was a great deal for me.

• Like 6

Devkits included with the avatar. Pretty standard for non-human avatars around the grid, but I really do love it.

Which is why I always wrinkle my nose at "applying" for meshbody devkits whenever I hear folks talk about it.

Just in a box! UVs and maybe even flat shading for whatever, links to rigging info, all the works. I only ever texture so that's almost always included. Rigging info seems less available but definitely not hard nor impossible to get if it's not already in there.

• Like 3

I agree with you all! I think the first poster that said "Include a picture of what you bought in the package" is one of my top things I appreciate. They have to upload the vendor picture anyway, so be kind and take the moments to put it in the folder... 😘

So annoying when I unpack and see a texture included. "Great" I think. Then the texture is a logo for the shop! Whaaaat... That is not helpful!

And a footprint of the house I want to buy. That is important.

And descriptions that is making it possible to search for it in the inventory. Not just a string of letters and numbers that a very popular hair store used to have. But they got better and they start their names with "Wings-hair" and then the numbers and letters. And not only "Letitia" but "Letitia dress". I find a dress when I want to put together a new outfit. The ability to search and find something in my inventory is so important. I am not a perfect inventory organizer.

And last,what I save so much money on: Vendors that message me back: "You already own this pack" and refund me. ❤️

I like all your other wishes too, but the things here are most important.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

I like the few shops I’ve found that sell their clothing by body style not color, I don’t need all these other copies for body’s I don’t own. 

Not what I prefer, I have two bodies that I use and buying double is not so great for me. Better to delete the other copies when I have time. Or the genius unpacker when I can select what body to unpack instead. I love them! 😍

• Like 4

And demos with a texture, not just grey! But I think the creators are getting better with this now. The texture is so important.

I hate timers. If I buy a top, I want to try it on with several of my favorite pants, to see if the pants clip through the top. I need time to test it.

It is much better to have circles with "DEMO" swirling around me. Instead of timers and grey colored clothes.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 666 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.