Do people check the "picks" on your profile? Also, do you visit others' picks?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today I just started filling out the picks in my profile with my parcels I'd like to show off, and I'm just curious if people check out your picks if they view your profile, and if you visit other users' picks.

I haven't browsed the "picks" section of profiles I've viewed but maybe I should start doing that to find some cool places!

• Like 4

If I decide to read someone's profile, then I check everything - including Picks - in order to have a full publicly available image of the person. It also shows some respect to the imagination of the resident, as quite often people put interesting and creative content in the Picks.

Edited by panterapolnocy
  • Like 9

I spend the first part of my time looking at everyone's profile in the sim. Plus the ones coming in..

I always have that people button opened up.. If someone IM's me, I check out their profile before I ever answer.. Sometimes ya juss hafta go Botlike.. hehehe

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I am a confirmed 'advert hater'.  I find everything in SL by following up on both picks and checking what cute people are wearing.  It's a great pity you can't snoop on the tattoos and other BoM stuff like you can attachments.

• Like 5

I absolutely do read Picks whenever I check someone's profile. I've also got mine filled out. I've never used it as intended, though - as a place to add landmarks to interesting places. I usually fill them with goofy tributes to my friends, fun photography, links to funny YouTube songs, and other silly things. People do seem to read them on occasion and have launched entire conversations with me based on something I've written in there.

That reminds me, I need to update them. Been a minute.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

I am a confirmed 'advert hater'.  I find everything in SL by following up on both picks and checking what cute people are wearing

You do realize that a store listed in Picks is often there because the store owner offered the resident a free gift or other benefit for putting it there, right? So...it's an advert.

Don't hate me

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You do realize that a store listed in Picks is often there because the store owner offered the resident a free gift or other benefit for putting it there, right? So...it's an advert.

Someone started a thread asking what people miss in RL and SL, and your post reminded me of something from way back. There was a time when Picks helped to push places up the search rankings, and stores actually paid people to put a Pick to the store in their profiles. I wonder if anyone misses that lol.

Anyway, there's a PM coming your way right now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

Today I just started filling out the picks in my profile with my parcels I'd like to show off, and I'm just curious if people check out your picks if they view your profile, and if you visit other users' picks.

I haven't browsed the "picks" section of profiles I've viewed but maybe I should start doing that to find some cool places!

I thought all profile perverts read the picks.

Unless I'm just looking for your inworld store, there are 3 tabs I look at, Picks, Interests and 1st Life. It's rather telling when there aren't any interests checked. I look at 1st Life tab mainly to see if they were brave enough to share a dust speck of it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I look at 1st Life tab mainly to see if they were brave enough to share a dust speck of it.

Sometimes I have a picture in my 1st Life tab, of my RL tattoo (the G-rated portion of it, at least) to show that I've got the same tattoo in RL and SL.

• Like 1

I ALWAYS read profile picks like @Ceka Ciancibefore answering an IM.  If it's filled with nothing but stores or clubs or blank, I'm already bored or suspicious unless the person is fairly new.

I always try to keep my picks location up to date.  The pick itself has nothing to do with it but in case someone uses it to check out a place, I want them to find something interesting there.

Reminds me...I need to check and see if they need updated.

• Like 3

I love checking people's profiles. All tabs of them. it is part of the fun of going out for me. Looking at avatars and checking profiles. Judging by the remarks and questions i get while out, many cannot be bothered to do so. 

Edited by Jules Catlyn
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.