Do people check the "picks" on your profile? Also, do you visit others' picks?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 4/27/2022 at 1:10 PM, Gopi Passiflora said:

Today I just started filling out the picks in my profile with my parcels I'd like to show off, and I'm just curious if people check out your picks if they view your profile, and if you visit other users' picks.

I haven't browsed the "picks" section of profiles I've viewed but maybe I should start doing that to find some cool places!

well ussually they put place they come, their owned place or some story abut them.

I have mine too, actually it does not important for me. since the only way to know person is get along with them and when time goes by you will see their real personality.

Edited by Kalegthepsionicist

18 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You do realize that a store listed in Picks is often there because the store owner offered the resident a free gift or other benefit for putting it there, right? So...it's an advert.

Don't hate me

Ya, but I only looked 'cos I liked how the avatar looked.  I'm not against Marketing, in fact it's essential to the way the world works, but I am against stopping me doing what I want to force-feed me info about a product I don't want.  TV ads are like this, and should carry the death penalty, ditto hoardings and other invasive stuff.  Find a way of using 'word of avatar' or equivalent.

Warning: I am not consistent consistently.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 12:28 PM, Coffee Pancake said:

Picks are the real profile.

Oh gosh, I hope not. Mine are about me, more about me, shilling my gallery and art, and a slew of lingerie stores.

😊

One Pick is specifically there to warn the guys that despite the looks, talk, flirting etc here in SL, I'm actually male IRL. Failure to read the manual is no excuse for feeling catfished if you asked me to dance at Franks. ;)

And yes, I'm a profile perv and proud of it. Like someone else said, I'll read the profile of anyone IMing me before bothering to reply. I find empty profiles, especially for long-term residents, quite disturbing. And no Groups listed? Just weird. Profiles help me discover a bit about you.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 4

Yes I do,actually read whole profile.It can be a helpful way to learn more about ppl.And I fill out mine to offer the same to anyone who is interested.I have no picks myself yet,but there is a lot of other info to give pretty good judgment on who I am.Always my rl age,cus I might just be too old for some and I don't want to be babysitting.Not everybody reads tho,you can always tell by their questions.How old are you?which in my experience I can anticipate the next question and no I don't want to.They aren't  reading anything they are just a horny Neanderthal.Reading profiles can spark the most amazing conversations.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

being in one public group "my naughty groups are hidden" baffles me .. like .. WHY ARE YOU EVEN ... 

Obviously, you should be in 4 groups.

Are
Groups
Hidden
My

.. Okay, it doesn't really work when they are sorted alphabetically, though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Some people definitely have checked my profile, some definitely not, but I have no idea about the percentage or raw numbers.

On my part, yes, I definitely check out others' profiles, including Picks, and occasionally visit their picked places, that's what it's there for or not 😅

Of course, I've noticed that many people use their picks as tributes to friends, memorials to their witty conversations, store ads (whether to support a store or get a freebie, whatever is fine by me), to tell other roleplayers about their characters, ...

And I like that people don't do everything "as intended", and use the resources we get creatively.

Opening a profile, and Picks, is like opening Kinder Eggs. Sometimes, you find an awesome... Jedi Knight hippo, sometimes... not.

I'm happy when I don't really have anything to do than snoop at Picks and find a great place, randomly going or doing somewhere or something unplanned I definitely appreciate when people share their special finds.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Orwar said:

Obviously, you should be in 4 groups.

Are
Groups
Hidden
My

.. Okay, it doesn't really work when they are sorted alphabetically, though.

You can re-order them by clever re-naming:

****My
***Groups
**Are
*Hidden

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You can re-order them by clever re-naming:

Well, yes - but where's the fun in that? :ph34r:

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 9:33 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

Sometimes I have a picture in my 1st Life tab, of my RL tattoo (the G-rated portion of it, at least) to show that I've got the same tattoo in RL and SL.

I have that also, but have not put my sparrow onto my avatar. I probably should.. Except I have not mastered the one arm tattoo yet.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LittleSparrow Skydancer said:

I have that also, but have not put my sparrow onto my avatar. I probably should.. Except I have not mastered the one arm tattoo yet.

Why not a sparrow on each arm? Then you'd be a flock!

Or you could put a little one on your breast. Make it reeeeeally tiny. Then, when someone points and asks, "What's that?" you simply tell them, "A tit."

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.