What's the best way to let someone know their avatar's hands are too small?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My first thought would be to give them a set of no-modify utensils sized for normal hands and they will have to make their hands bigger when they use it.

Another idea would be to point out other avatars with normal sized hands and mention that they look handsome or beautiful.

Does anyone have some good ideas they want to share?

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

some people do have tiny hands compared to the rest of their body, so am not going to  say anything to them. In the same way I never say anything to anyone about how skinny I think their legs are

Edited by Mollymews
i think
  • Like 8

Just now, Mollymews said:

some people do have tiny hands compared to the rest of their body, so am not going to  say anything to them. In the same way I never say anything to anyone about how skinny their legs are

Exactly! Or how small their head is.  Just as in real life, it's rude to comment on another's personal appearance. 

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

What's the best way to let someone know their avatar's hands are too small?

Does anyone have some good ideas they want to share?

If you need to consider avatar's hands are too small to handle 'things', it's probably you being in the wrong place.

So the best idea is to TP the hell outta there ... :|

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

The best way I know is , by sticking your hands under your arm pits, then pulling them out and smelling them.. Then taking two steps back Raising your arms up while getting on one knee and saying really loud with enthusiasm, Suupa Star! \o/

Honestly,That's really the only way of doing it..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2
  • Haha 12

Unless someone asks me specifically for my opinion on their shape, I don't make comments on them. Friends or strangers. We all have different ideas of what looks good to us, and as long as the individual is happy with their look, I don't see any reason why my opinion matters. Quite often when I am snooping profiles at various events, I will see picks dedicated to ridiculing avatars that don't meet their standards (ex.Avatar is too short or Avatar is too tall!). More often than not, I could probably nitpick something that I don't like about their appearance as well.

I think its okay to have opinions and preferences, but this world is made up with a lot of different ideas of beauty. I wouldn't have it any other way!

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Laurel Aurelia said:

Unless someone asks me specifically for my opinion on their shape, I don't make comments on them. Friends or strangers. We all have different ideas of what looks good to us, and as long as the individual is happy with their look, I don't see any reason why my opinion matters.

I generally agree with this. To be fair, I got teased by my closest friend about my "dish pan hands" before I finally agreed to upgrade to mesh, and a close male friend ranted about my nose for so long...so their appearances are fair game. 😆

But that's just the kind of relationship we've got. It won't be the same for everyone. I absolutely would never say a word to a total stranger, though. Or even notice it, to be honest. Soooo not my business.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Laurel Aurelia said:

Unless someone asks me specifically for my opinion on their shape, I don't make comments on them

pretty much yes.  We can get asked sometimes about what we think, by someone we know, who is putting their mesh avatar together. Which can be a bit of a struggle sometimes given how different heads and bodies respond to the slilders. When asked then sure we can say what we think can work better.  But I will never offer any such advice to anyone unless asked

• Like 1

Yes, there are a great many disproportionately tiny heads, feets, and hands in SL.

What is most often terrifying, however, are the body parts that are unrealistically large.

Still live and let live, right?

(But there's no damned way I'm letting you anywhere near me with that . . . !)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

For guys: 
"Hey, your hands are way too small"
"Hey, your head is too small"
"You might need to cut down on the steroids, you look like a balloon"
"How are you still conscious with that third leg swinging down there?"

For girls: 
"How is that your back not killing you carrying all that weight on your chest?"
"Can you fit through that door? It looks kinda narrow for you"
"Maybe you should cut back on the cookies, hun?"
"In normal circumstances with that shape your heart will likely give out."

I may be mean at times, but I'm at least honest about it and apologize in advance. Remember to look after yourselves and take care of your health, regardless the world you are in. ❤

Edited by Aiyumei
  • Like 1

Tiny hands are just a minor proportion problem. One can even become president of the United States of America with them.

Look at the totally exaggerated combination of huge asses and thighs with a wasp waist and a DDD cup.
That is a real proportion problem in SL. Spreading like a disease. 
But almost everybody pretends it is sexy and normal.

I'm not against people with overweight, hey I'm one myself in RL, but overweight has its own proportions too. Wasp waists and overweight legs and buts are an impossible combination proportion wise.

I will never mention it if I meet someone who has it personally though.
In the end: Their second lives, their imagination.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.