are Newbrooke 1024 homes completely sold out?

Teresa Firelight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

50 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Also beware of assuming that the information I gave you is all the information I had in developing my theory. As someone with a science background I'm well aware of the need to test and retest a theory before assuming it might be true. If you have additional information that could disprove my theory, I'm more than willing to look at it and decide for myself if your testing was adequate.

The people who designed the system have stated many times that there's no advantage to standing by the house you want. There would be no benefit in coding a system that looks at where you're standing. To prove that this is wrong, you'd need to record the statistics for thousands of tries and then analyse whether the results were statistically significant. You'd also need to randomise where you were standing and when you tried, as obviously, you're going to have some idea which houses are available and which regions are just releasing.

I'm not going to buy lots of premium accounts to run such a study, but the things you've said do not make me think that you have either. Standing by a house you really want and you have a funny feeling is going to be available soon is a test of how good you are at predicting the system. It's not testing how the system works.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Frigga Freidman said:

If being logged into SL inworld were a prerequisite for claiming a parcel (as it is for abandoning one) your theory would be more plausible. But, the two logins are independent of one another, just as logging into the SL home page and logging into the forums are independent of each other. There is no reason to believe that the Land Page knows where your avatar is, much less that it uses such information to match you with a particular region, let alone a particular parcel.

Sighs...I never said it was a prerequisite to being logged into SL. *Obviously*.  I'm not going to argue over something I didn't even say, but that you assumed I meant.

• Haha 2

I wasn't looking for one atm, but just watching things in general and I noticed that once again the 1024 Newbrookes are no longer on the LP.... haven't been since my first check about 7:20 AM SLT, and still are missing at 9:00 AM.... I guess it is good that the homes are going so well. Anyhow, here is a screen shot:

LP with no 1024 newbrook.jpg

3 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Also wondering if anyone noticed better locations with the 512 vs. the 1024? Just curious.

I have noticed that the 512 locations in many regions are very nice locations.  Unfortunately, the backlog of abandoned 512s makes it difficult to find a new one.  Not sure why when a region released, both sizes of parcels weren't "opened".

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Are the 512 plots scattered among the 1024 plots or in regions all by themselves? 

Also wondering if anyone noticed better locations with the 512 vs. the 1024? Just curious.

512s are intermingled with 1024s on the regions.  I've noticed that there are a lot of 512s bordering water, also, at least in the currently released regions.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

AFAIK When a region goes live and is released, all the parcels in that region enter the pool of available parcels regardless of size. 

Do they then get shoved back in the line by abandoned parcels? I am thinking of one region in particular where there are a handful of really great 512 parcels, but only one of them has ever been claimed. It seems unlikely, particularly considering what you just said, that just that one 512 in the region was released, so do you think the others have been buried under a pile of abandons? 

• Like 2

• Moles
11 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Do they then get shoved back in the line by abandoned parcels? I am thinking of one region in particular where there are a handful of really great 512 parcels, but only one of them has ever been claimed. It seems unlikely, particularly considering what you just said, that just that one 512 in the region was released, so do you think the others have been buried under a pile of abandons? 

I know they go into the pool... how they get prioritized in that pool or are affected by abandons reentering the pool I do not know.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

It definitely seems like abandons go to the top of the pool, as many of us over the last couple of years have tried to abandon a home of a type that is showing available before we abandon, only to get the exact same home that we just abandoned a few moments before. Which then uses up one of our 5 possible attempts (two if you just acquired the home you abandoned).

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 4
  • Sad 3

Yeah, i'm also pretty sure abandons go to the front of the line. At least also from experience over the years.

4/5 of my attempts once were the same house. I was not happy.

Edit: Mind you this was with like 10 other regions still saying "Linden Home".

Edited by s2Pandora
  • Sad 2

One thing I would like to know: just because a region's homes say "Linden Home", does that mean they are in the pool/queue of homes available to be claimed?  Or is there a separate step, after they're labeled "Linden Home", that makes them available to be claimed?

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

One thing I would like to know: just because a region's homes say "Linden Home", does that mean they are in the pool/queue of homes available to be claimed?  Or is there a separate step, after they're labeled "Linden Home", that makes them available to be claimed?

I've seen no signs that there's an extra step. The queue only stops having homes of that theme when all the regions set to "Linden Home" are done. There aren't any delays that make it look like a mole has to kick something.

• Like 4

I noticed an interesting phenomenon the last couple days. I’ve been flipping Trads on a couple alts. They’ve been landing in similar nearby regions; all with water views. They were Gentle Grove, Evard, and Deer Pass. I chalked it up to sheer luck, but it seemed like a pattern was developing. 

• Like 2

On 3/14/2022 at 5:02 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

When Patch posted the covenant update thread, he added this comment to the bottom of it (so, yes, more coming)

I sure hope more are coming. I missed the drop of the batch and I'm really wanting to get one to settle in for a while.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lydia Amethyst said:

I sure hope more are coming. I missed the drop of the batch and I'm really wanting to get one to settle in for a while.

There are 12 new Newbrooke regions on the map that haven’t been released at all, so probably another 200 or so 1024 parcels to come in the near future, with a likelihood of more later.

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Lydia Amethyst said:

512 plots are pointless. I want all prims that I am able to get and the 512 newbrooke page lies telling you get 351 prims and you don’t. Anybody else notice this?

Yes, been that way from the start of release, someone made a big error.  All 512's are only 175 prims....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lydia Amethyst said:

512 plots are pointless. I want all prims that I am able to get and the 512 newbrooke page lies telling you get 351 prims and you don’t. Anybody else notice this?

This is a significant enough bug to file a JIRA, imo, rather than just hoping it gets picked up here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

Yes, been that way from the start of release, someone made a big error.  All 512's are only 175 prims....

1 hour ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

This is a significant enough bug to file a JIRA, imo, rather than just hoping it gets picked up here.

If the 512 had 351 prims I would take one, oddly enough: I don’t understand how they can only give us so many prim? Like y’all do you not understand how mesh works? 
LL can we please have premium houses with more prim? 351 is hardly anything, I burn through that doing half my house alone! 🥲

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Lydia Amethyst said:

If the 512 had 351 prims I would take one, oddly enough: I don’t understand how they can only give us so many prim? Like y’all do you not understand how mesh works? 
LL can we please have premium houses with more prim? 351 is hardly anything, I burn through that doing half my house alone! 🥲

You should've been around back in the pre-mesh days when 512 parcels only had 117 prims allowed. You'd have 3 pieces of furniture in your LH if you were lucky. 

• Like 6

• Moles
1 hour ago, Lydia Amethyst said:

Don't forget you're getting to use all the parcel's LI for decorating -- if you bought a 512 or 1024 parcel on the mainland you'd still have the same LI to play with but you'd have use a large chunk of it to cover the LI of your house.   On Bellisseria that comes out of LDPW's LI budget (along with all the roads, bushes, trees and so on).    

• Like 9

I've been in SL for many years.  I didn't pay any attention to Linden Homes until very recently.  Then I discovered that I could get a home in a nicely landscaped area without having to put up a sky dome or skybox (to avoid people's crazy signs, ads, breeding farms, and junk).  To top it all off I am saving prims by not having the prims of the house count against me.  My stilt home was 221 prims (just the Linden-provided house by itself), my log home was 247 prims, even my houseboat is 155 prims.  The prims per parcel for a 1024 on Mainland is limited to 351.  See the chart below.  Imagine putting a 221 prim house on a 1024 mainland lot and then trying to furnish it within a total 351 prim limit.  I was living in a 10 prim skybox on a 1024 with no outside environment or pretty landscaping to try to save prims, and I still ended up looking at other people's ugly skyboxes because it's hard to even find private airspace.  I am thrilled with what I can do now to furnish my SL living space as opposed to what I was doing before and all without having to increase my land tier.  It is definitely a deal!

It dawns on me that I sound like I am saying that back in the day, I had to walk barefoot 5 miles one way in the snow to school every day.. but I guess that is what I'm saying. LOL

642947608_tierfee.thumb.jpg.62d5a82dd4a795d811fd0e099fc294be.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.