are Newbrooke 1024 homes completely sold out?

Teresa Firelight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

29 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Truth! I just did the math for my own state, and at L$99/year for an annual premium account, the tax is less than $9. PER YEAR. 

I just spent almost that much at Taco Bell for lunch. 🤣

Ok, maybe not that many people will be downgrading to Basic. 😄 

Some people on these forums have said they'll be dropping some of their multiple Premium accounts though, and to Linden Lab any lost Premium subscriptions are a bad thing. Having an Economy level midway between Basic and Premium might also lure some Basic users into committing to a subscription, and then maybe spending more later.

p.s. 

I know I'm more likely to pay for a $ 5 subscription to a video streaming service than I am to pay for a $ 10 one, especially if I want to try it out for a while to see if I like it.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
to add p.s.
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Ok, maybe not that many people will be downgrading to Basic. 😄 

Some people on these forums have said they'll be dropping some of their multiple Premium accounts though, and to Linden Lab any lost Premium subscriptions are a bad thing. Having an Economy level midway between Basic and Premium might also lure some Basic users into committing to a subscription, and then maybe spending more later.

p.s. 

I know I'm more likely to pay for a $ 5 subscription to a video streaming service than I am to pay for a $ 10 one, especially if I want to try it out for a while to see if I like it.

Multiple premium accounts, yes, I would think twice about dropping some down...especially if you have like, um, 20 of them or something :P  Although still, in comparison to what they already put out for those 20 accts, the state tax is nothing most likely

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

Multiple premium accounts, yes, I would think twice about dropping some down...especially if you have like, um, 20 of them or something :P  Although still, in comparison to what they already put out for those 20 accts, the state tax is nothing most likely

where I live, tax is 11% .. it adds up quickly when you have a full region, some mainland and some linden homes. I will have no choice but to drop some premiums since dropping my mainland and my region is not an option at this time.

• Like 3

I pay 25% VAT and that is really something. But if I pay annually for Premium, LL cover VAT for me. So I can not say that going to Basic it's the fault of VAT. It is more that 351 Li seems to be less and less desirable. It was great fun in 2019, and I remember saying that I should stay in Belisseria the rest of my SL life. I have a desire for more Li and are renting 4098m. If I buy Mainland now, the tier to LL has 25% VAT added on.  But to get 4098 m without tier, I have to pay 4 x 98 US all in one go. And I am picky about land, so I would probably have to pay 50 000 L for that much. I will not find joy in an abandoned wasteland in the middle of nowhere.

Only a rental and pay another resident for it is VAT free.

Premium subscription paid annually is a great offer if 351 Li is enough. If I loved the new styles so much that I let my rental of 4098 go, it would be great. I just can't give up that land. I like the modern style more than I said I would after the preview. Having a Belisseria house that I don't use is wasteful. Rent land that I don't use because I am in Bellisseria is wasteful. So deciding between either a Bellisseria home or 4098 m, the 4098 m won.

I am waiting for LL to announce what they will do with Premium Plus, the price, if they will cover VAT and how much land I get. In the meantime, I end my Premium and the last alt with Premium. Let us see what comes next. Land in SL is not cheap. The amount of land/Li with Premium Plus will be very, very important. The one thing that really matter.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.