are Newbrooke 1024 homes completely sold out?

Teresa Firelight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I have never been interested in scripted on/off lamps. I turn them on and delete the script. No electricity bills in SL. ;)

This makes me wonder what is a bigger hit to sim performance - touch scripts or lighted objects?  I could easily add light to objects, but I don't want to irritate my neighbors with bright lights or increased lag. Also, just setting my environment to Midday or upping my personal lighting works well enough when I want to see better.

• Like 3

Lighting causes lag? That is news to me. 

I avoid the "annoy the neighbors" thing by editing the light settings in the object. Sometimes you have to hunt a bit to find the linked bit that has those settings, but once you do, it's easy enough to make the light stay within the walls of your own home. I like to have lighting because it looks pretty at night to see homes with lights on inside.

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Lighting causes lag? That is news to me. 

I avoid the "annoy the neighbors" thing by editing the light settings in the object. Sometimes you have to hunt a bit to find the linked bit that has those settings, but once you do, it's easy enough to make the light stay within the walls of your own home. I like to have lighting because it looks pretty at night to see homes with lights on inside.

I don't know if lighting adds to lag. I noticed that when linking objects, linking to objects with glow and lighting made the overall Land Impact of the linked objects go up sometimes. Having scripts, LM's and notecards inside objects seem to affect their Li when linked with other objects too. I'm not sure, but I figure it doesn't hurt to keep objects as simple as possible.

• Confused 1

On 3/22/2022 at 8:51 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Like, some of y'all haven't learned how to find good mesh and not buy all of the crap that is out there.

Almost all of Mainland is limited by the same LI rules.  Even the private regions are similar limited.  They will sometimes offer a parcel with more than the usual amount of LI simply by using LI that would typically be allocated to the common areas. 

You could easily take your L$99 per year and pay weekly or monthly rent in one of those private regions that will give you more than the standard LI per sqm.  However, you either will have to take your house LI out of your total amount or you will end up paying more than the $99 per year.

I don't know about you but I don't consider stores like Astralia, Dust Bunny, Hive, Merak, Backbone crappy mesh, if anything those are some of the best brands on the grid... That's not crap. Its a lot better than some of this 'low prim' stuff I've seen on the market.

On 3/22/2022 at 5:36 AM, Annie Nova said:

Good lord, where do you shop??? I have a VERY nice bed that is 7 LI and the animations are great, my kitchen linked together is only 23 LI and yes I also have little things around my newbrooke that make the house lived in. I currently have 18 LI left, and even my backyard is decorated. Check out the link that was posted by Sylvia. You'll be surprised at what you can put in your house for 351 LI. 

Have you ever heard of dust bunny or backbone? just saying lol.

2 hours ago, Lydia Amethyst said:

I don't know about you but I don't consider stores like Astralia, Dust Bunny, Hive, Merak, Backbone crappy mesh, if anything those are some of the best brands on the grid... That's not crap. Its a lot better than some of this 'low prim' stuff I've seen on the market.

"Crappy mesh" refers to badly optimized mesh, and yes, some of those brands are big offenders there. You can't judge the quality of a mesh product purely by its appearance. I mean, you CAN, but you're not looking at the big picture if you DO.

• Like 3

some of the best brands on the grid

And even many of the 'good brands' put out some badly made mesh.   You have to learn how to analyze the mesh.

Or not, and use up all of your LI on just a few pieces.

And as I previously said, if the Linden Homes can't satisfy your LI needs, you could easily take your L$99 per year and pay weekly or monthly rent in one of those private regions that will give you more than the standard LI per sqm.  Though you are not likely to get the same amount or more LI, plus a 200-300 LI house, in a nicely landscaped area, all for $99 per year.

• Like 5

Just now, Annie Nova said:

Thank you Sylvia, I looked them up on MP and yeah they are pricey and very high LI, not a doable for me. 🙂

You're welcome! I do have some of their stuff, but I'd never use it in a Linden Home because it's not hard to find items that look as good or better, with lower LI. I save the Backbone things for my Horizons (double prim) parcel. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

You're welcome! I do have some of their stuff, but I'd never use it in a Linden Home because it's not hard to find items that look as good or better, with lower LI. I save the Backbone things for my Horizons (double prim) parcel. 

I would use some of them for the region I have but you're right, you can always find something that looks just as good or better with a lower LI. 

• Like 2

You have stores that make good and low li furniture, and you have also stores that make good furniture, but where it is implied: "If you have to check the land impact, you do not have enough li to buy this for a Linden Home".

Very expensive furniture can be in this cathegory.

But this is me overexaggerating. Take it with a pinch of salt. Stores can have all kinds of land impact, low, high and medium. No naming and shaming, but a store have a tray with bath supplies that's 4 li. That is not so terrible high, but I have heaps of 1 and 2 li ones in the same cathegory, bathroom decor.

So I put it in the moderate li cathegory. The same store has a 3 li fireplace, and that is moving into the low li cathegory because it is bigger, and it is a main element in a room. Hard to explain, this it is what I think: A larger object can defend it's land impact more than a small one that I have to cam in on.

Then comes the huge with capital H: Complete men's closet for 88 li with all parts set up. Yeah no, that is not for a Linden home or a 1024 plot at all. You could get away with less if you use only the closed parts, but why pay 2998 L and use only them?

Edited by Marianne Little
Tried to explain better
  • Like 5

On 3/22/2022 at 5:51 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Like, some of y'all haven't learned how to find good mesh and not buy all of the crap that is out there.

Almost all of Mainland is limited by the same LI rules.  Even the private regions are similar limited.  They will sometimes offer a parcel with more than the usual amount of LI simply by using LI that would typically be allocated to the common areas. 

You could easily take your L$99 per year and pay weekly or monthly rent in one of those private regions that will give you more than the standard LI per sqm.  However, you either will have to take your house LI out of your total amount or you will end up paying more than the $99 per year.

Well said.   This is me - I buy too many things for the way they look without making sure they are low Li ...   it's on my list of things to improve on.   I also need to stop buying things that do not offer a demo.  I have wasted so much money....     and yes,   sadly --  Premium is the least expensive way to go!    Many here have proven you CAN decorate a Linden home very nicely within the limit,  but it takes some skills.   

• Like 4

13 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

And even many of the 'good brands' put out some badly made mesh.   You have to learn how to analyze the mesh.

Or not, and use up all of your LI on just a few pieces.

And as I previously said, if the Linden Homes can't satisfy your LI needs, you could easily take your L$99 per year and pay weekly or monthly rent in one of those private regions that will give you more than the standard LI per sqm.  Though you are not likely to get the same amount or more LI, plus a 200-300 LI house, in a nicely landscaped area, all for $99 per year.

I could yes, but then I wouldn’t get to enjoy many of the other premium perks I enjoy. And I didn’t say I didn’t like the linden homes because I *do* however I just wish they would give us more prim to work with. It’s all computer generated anyway so I don’t understand why they can’t just change stuff in the system to allow more prim? It’s really not that hard, they just choose not to let us for some odd reason. Like if it meant paying a little more premium to be able to get a home with more prim I wouldn’t mind at all, because there are other premium features I benefit from as well as the linden home. Just one persons opinion. And honestly, I’ll take my ‘badly meshed products’ that look good over ‘good meshed products’ that look like absolute trash. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

You have stores that make good and low li furniture, and you have also stores that make good furniture, but where it is implied: "If you have to check the land impact, you do not have enough li to buy this for a Linden Home".

Very expensive furniture can be in this cathegory.

But this is me overexaggerating. Take it with a pinch of salt. Stores can have all kinds of land impact, low, high and medium. No naming and shaming, but a store have a tray with bath supplies that's 4 li. That is not so terrible high, but I have heaps of 1 and 2 li ones in the same cathegory, bathroom decor.

So I put it in the moderate li cathegory. The same store has a 3 li fireplace, and that is moving into the low li cathegory because it is bigger, and it is a main element in a room. Hard to explain, this it is what I think: A larger object can defend it's land impact more than a small one that I have to cam in on.

Then comes the huge with capital H: Complete men's closet for 88 li with all parts set up. Yeah no, that is not for a Linden home or a 1024 plot at all. You could get away with less if you use only the closed parts, but why pay 2998 L and use only them?

See I’ve seen stuff that has a ‘low land impact’ but when I actually rez that item out? Yeah it doesn’t match. 

4 hours ago, Andrea Riverview said:

Good discussion here, but shouldn't this all be in another topic? This should be about availability of Newbrooke homes, eh?

Report it and ask a mod to split it off into a new thread called '27li for a bed?!?! In 2022?!?' or some such thing.

(I own a 27li gacha bed which I cannot, admittedly, bring myself to use and should probably just sell. I also have a 2li bed by Maya's which looks nice enough and is very useful for 512 parcels.)

• Like 2

Back to topic... I took a trip in one of the unreleased regions because I wanted to see if I should try to furnish another house version. It is surprisingly many 512's in the regions.

I think LL overestimated the number of people who want to deed some land to a group, or who need a small piece of land for commercial use.

Who really does that? The stores I know of is on much larger land than 512 m. So if the store owners want a Bellisseria house for their home, it is no point in taking a 512 m.

I am sure some can name a store owner who has a 512 m Mainland store, but one does not matter much.

I have also seen that Campers is frequently on the Land page. They are seldom sold out like Houseboats, Victorians and Silts. What the Campers have, is the best landscaping in Bellisseria. Original and natural. So I think more people want them for the surroundings, not because they need a 512 m home.

I think LL should cool it with the 512's if the plans allow it. I believe the regions are premade, but can they not use more of the regions they have, with only 1024 m plots?

1024's is clearly what the majority of people want.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Always Incognito said:

I am very particular when it comes to LI. I want to save them for my cats and dogs 🐶🐱 If something looks nice But high LI I just waste it if i find something with lower LI. And LOD must be good. No mercy! 🙈

If and when one finds a Linden Home they like, it's important to keep the 351 available Land Impact in mind.

I use lower Land Impact furniture and décor so I can pull out my VKC husky, a car, or unpack a big object on my sky platform. I'm not going to leave these server and viewer resource hogs around when I'm not using the parcel, just as I'm no going to have a bunch of highly detailed but poorly textured objects sitting in a spot that I'm not going to be looking at all that often.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Back to topic... I took a trip in one of the unreleased regions because I wanted to see if I should try to furnish another house version. It is surprisingly many 512's in the regions.

I think LL overestimated the number of people who want to deed some land to a group, or who need a small piece of land for commercial use.

Who really does that? The stores I know of is on much larger land than 512 m. So if the store owners want a Bellisseria house for their home, it is no point in taking a 512 m.

I am sure some can name a store owner who has a 512 m Mainland store, but one does not matter much.

I have also seen that Campers is frequently on the Land page. They are seldom sold out like Houseboats, Victorians and Silts. What the Campers have, is the best landscaping in Bellisseria. Original and natural. So I think more people want them for the surroundings, not because they need a 512 m home.

I think LL should cool it with the 512's if the plans allow it. I believe the regions are premade, but can they not use more of the regions they have, with only 1024 m plots?

1024's is clearly what the majority of people want.

If LL plans to create an Economy subscription level with only 512 m of land available to members, then it would make sense to create more 512 m Linden Home parcels.

If they want to created a Premium Plus subscription level that would allow users to have 2048 m of land, then they should create a neighborhood of small mansions on 2048 m parcels, with a 702 Land Impact capacity.

• Like 2

It’s all computer generated anyway so I don’t understand why they can’t just change stuff in the system to allow more prim? It’s really not that hard, they just choose not to let us for some odd reason.

Proof that you know nothing about servers and applications.

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.