are Newbrooke 1024 homes completely sold out?

Teresa Firelight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Don't forget you're getting to use all the parcel's LI for decorating -- if you bought a 512 or 1024 parcel on the mainland you'd still have the same LI to play with but you'd have use a large chunk of it to cover the LI of your house.   On Bellisseria that comes out of LDPW's LI budget (along with all the roads, bushes, trees and so on).    

Quartz Mole, you beat me to it!

Edited by Thea Atheria
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

Don't forget you're getting to use all the parcel's LI for decorating -- if you bought a 512 or 1024 parcel on the mainland you'd still have the same LI to play with but you'd have use a large chunk of it to cover the LI of your house.   On Bellisseria that comes out of LDPW's LI budget (along with all the roads, bushes, trees and so on).    

I understand this but with the way most mesh decor items these days are, the average decent bed is like 27 prims, putting together a kitchen set is like 80 something prim, and don't even get me started on if you want to add clutter to make the house look lived in, let alone landscaping or putting furniture in your yard. And yes you can link stuff together but if you want to be able to actually use the sitting function or other poses on furniture you genuinely can't. I just don't see 175 feasible or 351 even close to make a house as comfy as I would like it to be, personally. Also I know these are meant to be 'starter' homes, but some of us geniunely cannot afford to go rent land or simply choose not to because we are not online enough to benefit from it, which is why the linden homes are a nice option, considering we already pay for a premium membership. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Lydia Amethyst said:

I understand this but with the way most mesh decor items these days are, the average decent bed is like 27 prims, putting together a kitchen set is like 80 something prim, and don't even get me started on if you want to add clutter to make the house look lived in, let alone landscaping or putting furniture in your yard. And yes you can link stuff together but if you want to be able to actually use the sitting function or other poses on furniture you genuinely can't. I just don't see 175 feasible or 351 even close to make a house as comfy as I would like it to be, personally. Also I know these are meant to be 'starter' homes, but some of us geniunely cannot afford to go rent land or simply choose not to because we are not online enough to benefit from it, which is why the linden homes are a nice option, considering we already pay for a premium membership. 

It is not possible to get a house "as you want it to be" unless you use furniture that is lower in land impact than your example. The new event "The Fifty" had a very good bed at 18 land impact, that is 9 li lower than your example. Kitchen modules I use come in 1-2 li unless it is sink and stove elements. And a fridge does not need to have items inside with animations so you can open it. But if you need such a fridge and such a bed, you need more land for more land impact.

If you go to a land baron and rent, you get 351 li per 1024 m plot. Unless you pick one that has a lot of water for sailing around. That estate is offering bigger li for the plots, but they come from the empty water. And renting there is not very cheap. SL mimics RL very much that way. Real estate is very expensive.

Putting together a house in Bellisseria is frustrating sometimes, and it is decisions to be made. I have another place to live in SL because I get tired of using 351 li and I have 4098 m. But the frustration comes back, because li ends eventually. I think only a private island with 20 000 li would be "enough" for me sometimes. It is so much I want to have, I want a forest of 50 li oak trees, 400 li houses... It is my RL economy that stops me. I simply can not afford to have so much.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Putting together a house in Bellisseria is frustrating sometimes, and it is decisions to be made. I have another place to live in SL because I get tired of using 351 li and I have 4098 m. But the frustration comes back, because li ends eventually. I think only a private island with 20 000 li would be "enough" for me sometimes. It is so much I want to have, I want a forest of 50 li oak trees, 400 li houses... It is my RL economy that stops me. I simply can not afford to have so much.

I think this is a good point. I don't think there can ever be 'enough' land impact provided by LL. The higher it goes the more likely we are to use all of it, because we can. So then it's not enough again. I can sympathise. Of course I'd like more too. But LL have to have limits for economical and  technical reasons (I assume). The trick is learning to getting the maximum benefit out of what you have. Using tips and tricks from the forums here (for example linking items).  But compromises will sometimes have to be made - between having more or less furniture depending on higher or lower  LI of the items. I don't see that will ever change.

• Like 3

LI is always an issue, no matter how big the parcel. I used to have a sim & thought I’d never use all my LI but I did. Granted it was wonderful to be able to landscape & change themes however I wanted but it came at an economic cost.  I look at my Premium as an investment in LL. I love SL & want to see it continue so I’m willing to contribute financially. I understand not everyone can afford to do that & I certainly understand the frustration of not being able to do exactly what you want when LI is limited but LL is a business & just like RL, real estate costs. 

• Like 7

In the end it is about choices I think, between what we would like and how many prims we can afford.

I find it a great challenge, to decorate with the prims we have available. I went with a stilt because I like them, and also hardly any landscaping to do, I tend to choose smaller houses (I love the Havana) because less furniture, less prims, I still have around 130  left and my house is finished. The house not counting towards prims is such a great help

In mainland I have a cabin by trompe l'oeil that is less than 30 prims (I've put a living-room, kitchnette and bedroom), have landscape a small yard and also have 115 prims left (it is a 1024 plot).

The bed I'm using in both homes is great, texture change with great colors and fabrics, cool animations and I think 10 or eleven prims. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Lydia Amethyst said:

Good lord, where do you shop??? I have a VERY nice bed that is 7 LI and the animations are great, my kitchen linked together is only 23 LI and yes I also have little things around my newbrooke that make the house lived in. I currently have 18 LI left, and even my backyard is decorated. Check out the link that was posted by Sylvia. You'll be surprised at what you can put in your house for 351 LI. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

The question is not if good quality and beautiful low li objects exists. They do. But so does beautiful objects that is high li. So hard decisions has to be made. I have many things in my inventory that I want to use.

In Bellisseria it is either use a few high li items, or use many low li items.

Or a third way: Try to do it the middle way, use the few items you really like, and save li on the rest.

One of the things I don't put up, is art and decor that has its own separate prim shadow. It is a small detail, but it makes linking worthless. I either remove the shadow or put the decor back and find one that has a built in shadow. And decor has to be 0.5 li, not 0.8 like some decor I really like. Decor has to be bloody nice to be used, if it can't be linked with other decor and go down in land impact.

Yesterday I spent a long time in one of the larger houses, the Bradbury. I put in more stuff, and the land impact stayed the same. Because when I go over 300 li, I really get creative linking things. I don't do it in the start, because it is easier to take back unlinked stuff. I also look twice at land impact and compare it with similar decor that I also like. It is rewarding in its own way, but also annoying to have so much inventory and be able to use a fraction.

But it is a better deal, to have 351 li to decorate for in Bellisseria, than a 1024 plot elsewhere that you first need to place a house on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

LOL, I think it helps to be really old in SL!  Back in pre-mesh 2007, with the old allowance of 117 LI on my first little 512 mainland plot I had a house with some furnishings and two skyboxes.  They must have looked dreadful by today's mesh standards but I was thrilled with them.  😀

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Leora Greenwood said:

LOL, I think it helps to be really old in SL!  Back in pre-mesh 2007, with the old allowance of 117 LI on my first little 512 mainland plot I had a house with some furnishings and two skyboxes.  They must have looked dreadful by today's mesh standards but I was thrilled with them.  😀

Yes,

my first 512 plot in mainland in 2007, 117 prims, a log cabin that took around 30 I think and a Wicker set (sofas and tables) from the Gnubie Store.

I almost sure the wicker set was from Ingrid Ingersoll (I'll have to check it later in my inventory).

I miss the Gnubie store. And Yadni's  Junkyard

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Lydia Amethyst said:

Maybe it depends on what you consider "decent" ... Over in the all-in-one home decor thread, I just posted a list of beds that are under 10 LI. I have a number of others I could post that are in the 10 LI - 11 LI range. And these are not from unknown brands but from stores like Apple Fall,  Bazar, Fancy Decor, Fourth Wall,  Minimal,  Muniick, and Zerkalo.

And everything you see in the kitchen below is together under 30 LI (some if it linked) , including the lighting and the prim with the floor texture. Those stools are 3 LI each and I could easily replace them with something with lower LI.

Even a lot of recent modular kitchens have pieces that are only 1 LI to 3 LI.

slpix_004_126.png

• Like 7

Linking decor is really the ticket to saving on Li. However, do not link in anything with animations; couches, chairs, ceiling fans, beds etc. Like mentioned, it ruins furniture if you link it to other things. Leave all that stuff as is. The decor you can link all together. I link rugs, tables, artwork, plants, knickknacks, the kitchen (minus the parts with animations), lights and other random decor. My link-set is 117LI but un-linked it is 196Li.  That's a big Li savings.

If you have a bed you adore the animations in but it is high Li, consider taking the root prim with the animations out of it and linking it onto a lower Li bed (as the root prim and after you delete out the animations that are already in it) and get the best of both worlds. I say this but I know not everyone is comfortable with building, but if the pieces are copy, you have nothing to lose by taking both beds to a sandbox and trying it out. I do this constantly. I buy nice looking low Li PG beds, sofas and/or chairs and use an adult *coughs* engine from another furniture piece I like the poses in. I think 75% of my furniture has an animation engine from another piece in it. My bed is 5Li (I bought it at Fancy Decor during their 50% off sale) but has the animation engine from a much higher Li bed on it. Modifiable stuff is awesome!

My Bradbury is a large house and fully decked out inside and out and I think I still have 15Li left. For me the challenge of the 351Li is half the fun, but I know not everyone is crazy like me.

Edited by Mercedes Avon
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Lydia Amethyst said:

If the 512 had 351 prims I would take one, oddly enough: I don’t understand how they can only give us so many prim? Like y’all do you not understand how mesh works? 
LL can we please have premium houses with more prim? 351 is hardly anything, I burn through that doing half my house alone! 🥲

Back in the day we had a fewer prims to use and the ones we had were pretty basic, but we made due with what we had and were glad to have a home of our own.  👵 

I'm currently furnishing 2 Linden Victorian Homes and have over 100 prims left on each of them. You can probably find mesh with lower Land Impact than what you're using. Then try linking some of your mesh and flat prims. For instance, the Victorian pack benches have a LI of 6, but similar ones from Dysfunctionality have  LI of only 2. When I put up pictures, which are either flat boxes or mesh,  I link 2 together and their LI goes from 2 to 1. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
to add Link
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Lydia Amethyst said:

When I buy a bed - even with Adult animations - I never buy one with a Land Impact over 15 and most I've seen in the last 5 years are under 12. The main part of my kitchen set in my Victorian Linden Homes has a Land Impact of 2, which allows me to add a fridge with food and animations. I like having a kitchen and bathroom in my houses, but I know I'm not going to be in those rooms much, so I choose furniture for them that looks good, but has lower Land Impact.

Everything in Life is a trade off. The key is to find a comfortable balance between what we'd love to have and what we can afford to have. Second Life is a reasonable leisure activity for me, but wouldn't be if I had to pay for a quarter region just to furnish my virtual house and landscape my virtual yard.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

Maybe it depends on what you consider "decent" ... Over in the all-in-one home decor thread, I just posted a list of beds that are under 10 LI. I have a number of others I could post that are in the 10 LI - 11 LI range. And these are not from unknown brands but from stores like Apple Fall,  Bazar, Fancy Decor, Fourth Wall,  Minimal,  Muniick, and Zerkalo.

And everything you see in the kitchen below is together under 30 LI (some if it linked) , including the lighting and the prim with the floor texture. Those stools are 3 LI each and I could easily replace them with something with lower LI.

Even a lot of recent modular kitchens have pieces that are only 1 LI to 3 LI.

slpix_004_126.png

I love this kitchen set from Bazar. It's tintable and shrinkable. It wouldn't fit in my Victorians, but has fit in 4 other homes, including the free New York Apartment Skybox from Apple Fall. (Which can be modified into a low LI 2-story skybox.)

Edited by Persephone Emerald
to add Link
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

Linking decor is really the ticket to saving on Li. However, do not link in anything with animations; couches, chairs, ceiling fans, beds etc. Like mentioned, it ruins furniture if you link it to other things. Leave all that stuff as is. The decor you can link all together. I link rugs, tables, artwork, plants, knickknacks, the kitchen (minus the parts with animations), lights and other random decor. My link-set is 117LI but un-linked it is 196Li.  That's a big Li savings.

If you have a bed you adore the animations in but it is high Li, consider taking the root prim with the animations out of it and linking it onto a lower Li bed (as the root prim and after you delete out the animations that are already in it) and get the best of both worlds. I say this but I know not everyone is comfortable with building, but if the pieces are copy, you have nothing to lose by taking both beds to a sandbox and trying it out. I do this constantly. I buy nice looking low Li PG beds, sofas and/or chairs and use an adult *coughs* engine from another furniture piece I like the poses in. I think 75% of my furniture has an animation engine from another piece in it. My bed is 5Li (I bought it at Fancy Decor during their 50% off sale) but has the animation engine from a much higher Li bed on it. Modifiable stuff is awesome!

My Bradbury is a large house and fully decked out inside and out and I think I still have 15Li left. For me the challenge of the 351Li is half the fun, but I know not everyone is crazy like me.

One can link simple unscripted things to animated furniture as long as the base prim (which is highlighted as yellow in Edit) doesn't change. If taking the animation engine out of a sex bed seems scary, it's also possible to put a simple beach towel with adult animations on top of a bed and make it invisible (if it's modifiable). You could even change your animation set depending on who's coming over and how freaky you're feeling. 😄  

• Haha 3

On 3/21/2022 at 5:31 PM, Lydia Amethyst said:

Like y’all do you not understand how mesh works?

Like, some of y'all haven't learned how to find good mesh and not buy all of the crap that is out there.

Almost all of Mainland is limited by the same LI rules.  Even the private regions are similar limited.  They will sometimes offer a parcel with more than the usual amount of LI simply by using LI that would typically be allocated to the common areas. 

You could easily take your L$99 per year and pay weekly or monthly rent in one of those private regions that will give you more than the standard LI per sqm.  However, you either will have to take your house LI out of your total amount or you will end up paying more than the $99 per year.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
grammar
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

Linking lights? I remember linking my outdoor lamps with my flagpole…. Turned the lights on and the flagpole was visible from the next region 🤣

• Haha 12

1 hour ago, Always Incognito said:

Linking lights? I remember linking my outdoor lamps with my flagpole…. Turned the lights on and the flagpole was visible from the next region 🤣

I have never been interested in scripted on/off lamps. I turn them on and delete the script. No electricity bills in SL. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Always Incognito said:

hahahaha...  Early, early in our SL lives, a friend of mine linked her whole house to her revolving fan and.... you guessed it!!  😆

• Haha 12

9 hours ago, Always Incognito said:

I've never had this issue but I can imagine it was quite the shock!

8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I have never been interested in scripted on/off lamps. I turn them on and delete the script. No electricity bills in SL. ;)

I am the same. After I make my link-set, I delete all the scripts out of it. It's shocking how many scripts there are in everything.

6 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

hahahaha...  Early, early in our SL lives, a friend of mine linked her whole house to her revolving fan and.... you guessed it!!  😆

I will never admit that I did the same once.

Edited by Mercedes Avon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Oh, it is just a few months since I linked a door wrong to my house. I wanted the door to open another way, so I was fussing and messing around. And my oh my, suddenly the whole house was tipping around and ended up 3/4 under ground in a very artistic way, lol. 😲😳😆

And I can't say I am new to this, I am just sloppy sometimes. Everything I do, I run through, so I can do something new.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.