are Newbrooke 1024 homes completely sold out?

Teresa Firelight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I thought I would try one and went to the LP to get it.. and they were not on the LP at all. Are there more coming in the very near future? or are all the built Newbrooke regions sold out?

When Patch posted the covenant update thread, he added this comment to the bottom of it (so, yes, more coming)

Due to the popularity and dwindling availability of the larger parcel variants, you may see the map update soon with a number of new regions being prepared to increase Newbrooke availability to meet demand. 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I thought I would try one and went to the LP to get it.. and they were not on the LP at all. Are there more coming in the very near future? or are all the built Newbrooke regions sold out?

There have been Newbrooke's available everyday on the land page since release - have you clicked the + sign @View more houses' to reveal more homes? I can see Newbrookes on there right now, but they are at the bottom of the list. Just by clicking around on the map I can see there are still quite a few homes available.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

There have been Newbrooke's continuously available on the land page since release - have you clicked the + sign @View more houses' to reveal more homes? I can see Newbrookes on there right now, but they are at the bottom of the list.

they are back now but they were off the page for a while earlier today.

And yes, I do know to click the "view all" on the house listing, thank you for mentioning it on the chance that I did not know that :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

they are back now but they were off the page for a while earlier today.

And yes, I do know to click the "view all" on the house listing, thank you for mentioning it on the chance that I did not know that :)

I thought you might:) Never hurts to mention things though:)

I think Newbrooke will prove to be one of the most popular themes. I wouldn't be surprised if the new regions get taken at about the same pace once released.

49 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I thought you might:) Never hurts to mention things though:)

I think Newbrooke will prove to be one of the most popular themes. I wouldn't be surprised if the new regions get taken at about the same pace once released.

Are they popular because they're the new thing, because people like the look of them, or because they can have a 512 m house on a 1024 lot?

Personally, I like the Victorian Homes best, though the Log Home regions are nice for my wolf avatar to go for a walk. Luckily our house is near the Log Home region as well as a public island to explore.   I'm waiting expectantly to see what goes in next to us.  🙂

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Are they popular because they're the new thing, because people like the look of them, or because they can have a 512 m house on a 1024 lot?

Personally, I like the Victorian Homes best, though the Log Home regions are nice for my wolf avatar to go for a walk. Luckily our house is near the Log Home region as well as a public island to explore.   I'm waiting expectantly to see what goes in next to us.  🙂

They are nice houses, but that 512 house on larger is awesome.

Vics went really fast as well. If I could afford to have a third LH, i'd def get one.

Edited by s2Pandora
  • Like 2

Hope some more regions come up soon. 
Its annoying when a house comes up, you are not keen on the spot, you abandon and the next time you try.. even if you have a break before trying again.  You get the exact same plot again.   If you have abandoned the plot, it means that you don't want it so don't give it a 2nd time!
I wish that if you abandon a house it can't come up within the next 24 hours, would give everyone a better go I think.

• Like 4

I think the Newbrooke's '512' houses on 1024 m is a house with large enough rooms to use and live in, and a big garden. How the houses are placed on the plot is also better than before. Closer to the mailbox, with room for a small front garden and a large backyard.

The Traditionals had tiny houses. I lived in only one of the models (I briefly tried out two others). The '512' Newbrooke's is the best size.

The '1024' Newbrooke's is really huge, with so many rooms. I have not counted them, but is it not like 3 or 4 bedrooms plus a bath? I am sure these houses fit for people who want room for a family, or who want to have a friend or more living there.

So it is a more diverse offer than before themes. It appeals to many.

Large windows is a plus. I know some like the dark brick and the dark wood. Personally I dislike the black/almost black color scheme, no more to be said about that.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I think the Newbrooke's '512' houses on 1024 m is a house with large enough rooms to use and live in, and a big garden. How the houses are placed on the plot is also better than before. Closer to the mailbox, with room for a small front garden and a large backyard.

The Traditionals had tiny houses. I lived in only one of the models (I briefly tried out two others). The '512' Newbrooke's is the best size.

The '1024' Newbrooke's is really huge, with so many rooms. I have not counted them, but is it not like 3 or 4 bedrooms plus a bath? I am sure these houses fit for people who want room for a family, or who want to have a friend or more living there.

So it is a more diverse offer than before themes. It appeals to many.

Large windows is a plus. I know some like the dark brick and the dark wood. Personally I dislike the black/almost black color scheme, no more to be said about that.

Totally agree. Only upgrade I would suggest is better exterior colors and textures.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, syndi Pearl said:

Totally agree. Only upgrade I would suggest is better exterior colors and textures.

I bet that before long someone will make an exterior shell that allow you to change house colors.. but be careful. Whatever colors you create with it must be in keeping with the overall look/feel of the neighborhood, or it is likely to get returned.

I was quite surprised and pleased that the exterior offered three different texture sets (each with multiple colors) to choose from. That is the best selection I have seen so far for exterior colors. That, along with their offering the 512 sized houses on the 1024 lot, make me feel like Patch and the Moles really took note of the input we gave from the previews. I am impressed that they did such a good job working many of our concerns/suggestions into the release.

• Like 9

53 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I bet that before long someone will make an exterior shell that allow you to change house colors.. but be careful. Whatever colors you create with it must be in keeping with the overall look/feel of the neighborhood, or it is likely to get returned.

I was quite surprised and pleased that the exterior offered three different texture sets (each with multiple colors) to choose from. That is the best selection I have seen so far for exterior colors. That, along with their offering the 512 sized houses on the 1024 lot, make me feel like Patch and the Moles really took note of the input we gave from the previews. I am impressed that they did such a good job working many of our concerns/suggestions into the release.

It is the black/almost black bricks and trim outdoor that I dislike. They are so dark that I could not see it was 3 different ones. Yes, I should read the covenant and see if one could use an oak trim and lighter brick.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Willy Ravenhurst said:

If you have abandoned the plot, it means that you don't want it so don't give it a 2nd time!
I wish that if you abandon a house it can't come up within the next 24 hours, would give everyone a better go I think.

This is our work (@Thisisourwork) / Twitter

This is probably my biggest WANT when it comes to the Linden Homes.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Willy Ravenhurst said:

Hope some more regions come up soon. 
Its annoying when a house comes up, you are not keen on the spot, you abandon and the next time you try.. even if you have a break before trying again.  You get the exact same plot again.   If you have abandoned the plot, it means that you don't want it so don't give it a 2nd time!

What I've learned from both the forums and experience is that you have to move your avatar to a different location before trying for a new Linden Home. If you want one near the coast, go stand out in the water near to where you want your new home. If you want it further north or south, stand further north or south. I think the house selection algorithm tries to find an unclaimed house close to where your avatar is standing. If there aren't many to choose from, you could keep getting the same house over and over. I got the same house 3 times in a row, even though I was moving my avatar. Then I got one quite far away from where I was standing. It wasn't as close to my alt's house as I'd wanted, but it was close to a rez zone and had plenty of open space around it, so I took it. I had to draw a map of the regions in this area because I kept getting lost while trying to drive or fly between my 2 houses. Of course I can just TP between them, but it's nice to explore the neighborhood and feel like it's a real place. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

What I've learned from both the forums and experience is that you have to move your avatar to a different location before trying for a new Linden Home. If you want one near the coast, go stand out in the water near to where you want your new home. If you want it further north or south, stand further north or south. I think the house selection algorithm tries to find an unclaimed house close to where your avatar is standing. If there aren't many to choose from, you could keep getting the same house over and over. I got the same house 3 times in a row, even though I was moving my avatar. Then I got one quite far away from where I was standing. It wasn't as close to my alt's house as I'd wanted, but it was close to a rez zone and had plenty of open space around it, so I took it. I had to draw a map of the regions in this area because I kept getting lost while trying to drive or fly between my 2 houses. Of course I can just TP between them, but it's nice to explore the neighborhood and feel like it's a real place. 

Interesting theory and one I will definitely try next time I am hopping!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

What I've learned from both the forums and experience is that you have to move your avatar to a different location before trying for a new Linden Home. If you want one near the coast, go stand out in the water near to where you want your new home. If you want it further north or south, stand further north or south. I think the house selection algorithm tries to find an unclaimed house close to where your avatar is standing. If there aren't many to choose from, you could keep getting the same house over and over. I got the same house 3 times in a row, even though I was moving my avatar. 

And how, precisely, do you suppose all the hundreds/thousands of account-holders whose avatars aren’t inworld when they click on the Land Page manage to acquire homes? If you’re getting the same parcel, wait a bit before claiming the next one and the odds of getting a different parcel will improve. Monitoring the parcel you’ve just abandoned to see that it has been claimed is also advisable, particularly when a theme is scarce.

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

Beware of assuming that because you turned around three times and dropped a glass of water that it had anything to do with getting the house you wanted. Two events being close together does not mean that one caused the other.

Also beware of assuming that the information I gave you is all the information I had in developing my theory. As someone with a science background I'm well aware of the need to test and retest a theory before assuming it might be true. If you have additional information that could disprove my theory, I'm more than willing to look at it and decide for myself if your testing was adequate.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Also beware of assuming that the information I gave you is all the information I had in developing my theory. As someone with a science background I'm well aware of the need to test and retest a theory before assuming it might be true. If you have additional information that could disprove my theory, I'm more than willing to look at it and decide for myself if your testing was adequate.

If being logged into SL inworld were a prerequisite for claiming a parcel (as it is for abandoning one) your theory would be more plausible. But, the two logins are independent of one another, just as logging into the SL home page and logging into the forums are independent of each other. There is no reason to believe that the Land Page knows where your avatar is, much less that it uses such information to match you with a particular region, let alone a particular parcel.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.