Newbrooke's have been released!

Evangeline Arcadia
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I absolutely love the house I caught (totally on the first try, not the fourth...), although admittedly with the caveat that a lot depends on what happens to the west coast in the coming months. For right now, I'm enjoying my stunning view of the void.

The 512-on-1024 thing is brilliant, I think - I always struggle to fully decorate a Linden house within the prim allowance, and miss getting to do landscaping. Now I have a house that's more than big enough with a gorgeous deck, paired with room for a pool and more to spare. :)

• Like 8

Yes, the Lindens actially listened to the people and added the option of a 512 on a 1024 plot. Kudos for that! 💖

A benefit for all, is that the regions does not look so packed. The more people that select the 512 house, get a larger garden instead of 1024 houses standing shoulder to shoulder. I think this is why the regions look better than the preview one.

I noticed that several (many) 1024 plots already had a 512 house on them when the regions was released.

But I am not into the Newbrooke's, that makes them the third in a row of homes I have never bothered to live in. Chalets, Fantasy and Newbrooke.

Enjoy Newbrooke for the rest of you who want it!

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Yes, the Lindens actially listened to the people and added the option of a 512 on a 1024 plot. Kudos for that! 💖

You people are making it so hard for me to resist. 

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

13 hours ago, Karl Herber said:

I don't think I ever abandoned a home as quick as I did today - I literally drag-selected everything in my home and deleted it.

You can abandon a home without emptying it before - LL does that for you! Just abandon a full house and it is empty in a second! ... and you find all your stuff in a bundle in your "lost and found" folder.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

...But I am not into the Newbrooke's, that makes them the third in a row of homes I have never bothered to live in. Chalets, Fantasy and Newbrooke.

Enjoy Newbrooke for the rest of you who want it!

Exactly the same with me! I stick to Traditionals and Houseboats though I did play with a Camper, a Victorian and a Stilt on Pier for some time each ... and a very short time with a Loghome or two.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

You can abandon a home without emtying it before - LL does that for you! Just abandon a full house and it is empty in a second! ... and you find all your stuff in a bundle in your "lost and found" folder.

Yes, and it sucks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

@Coby Foden@Maitimo Small land locked lakes are why flying boats and seaplanes are a good investment. They're made and sold in all kinds of different shapes and sizes. Hovercraft and amphibious cars are also a good alternative.

Yes I have the small D-Arrow seaplane which is great fro landing on lakes etc

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

@Coby Foden@Maitimo Small land locked lakes are why flying boats and seaplanes are a good investment. They're made and sold in all kinds of different shapes and sizes. Hovercraft and amphibious cars are also a good alternative.

Among many other vehicles, I have small hovercraft, and helicopter with floats so it can land and take off anywhere.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Yes, and it sucks.

I think it is easy to rez the coalesced object in a big, nice Premium sandbox and deal with it there. I only take out what I have retextured, or where I have changed the light to the color and strength I prefer. Then I select all and delete it. And because of my setting in the build menu,, the few no copy items are left to pick up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moles
12 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I noticed that several (many) 1024 plots already had a 512 house on them when the regions was released.

Since the tool we use to populate the regions with houses tells the house controllers to ask the region's house rezzer for a random house from their menu, I'd imagine it's around half.    It'll be interesting to see what the picture is like in a month or so's time, after people have had a chance to settle on their final choices.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Mole Trap
The question is, is this a trap to catch moles or us? Riot Hax says it looks like a Hamster trap to him. Vari look out! @Varistentia Varriale

Haha! Polenth mentioned traps yesterday -I was wondering what they were. I haven't seen these in my travels yet.

So whose gonna be the first to try and see what happens when you step on/touch it😄...

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Haha! Polenth mentioned traps yesterday -I was wondering what they were. I haven't seen these in my travels yet.

So whose gonna be the first to try and see what happens when you step on/touch it😄...

We spotted this one walking around the Newbrooke Community Center outer sidewalk.

• Like 4

I managed to catch this house on my last attempt of the day. I honestly was beginning to desperate to get a plot I'd like and then... Hardly any neighbours since there's a small protected landscaped zone on each side and a pond in the backyard. I may have found a place to properly settle in 😁

LH_Newbrooke_04.03.2022.png

• Like 12

7 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

You can abandon a home without emptying it before - LL does that for you! Just abandon a full house and it is empty in a second! ... and you find all your stuff in a bundle in your "lost and found" folder.

If I did that it would all end up in my trash anyway (none of it was no-copy). I just eliminated the middle step, 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

It'll be interesting to see what the picture is like in a month or so's time, after people have had a chance to settle on their final choices.

I've been wondering why the buildout for Newbrooke was so comparatively small (i.e. compared to the initial releases of the logs and chalets).  They seem to be quite popular, I wouldn't be surprised if they were nearly completely settled well within a month.  I like them a lot more than I thought I would, partially because they give me/us a reason to try a very different style of decoration, contemporary-like, both inside and out.

I've noticed, tho, that the 512m2 plots seem to be less popular than the 1024s.  I assume that you-all, Quartz, will have stats on the relative %occupied of the two types of parcels? Perhaps, if another tranche of Newbrooke is contemplated, that could provide some guidance on the makeup of new regions :)

Anyway, on the off chance that you look at this thread again, let me mention how wonderful it would be if the coastline of the chalets were finished up as far as Josie Banks, giving us watery "roads" to take directly to Newbrooke 🙏

• Like 9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.