Newbrooke's have been released!

Evangeline Arcadia
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

41 minutes ago, Dreamer Pixelmaid said:

If you don't like what somebody is doing, do better.

But when other groups feel pushed out by the one or two giant groups, it's hard to get there isn't it?  Doubly hard when you perceive that LL is backing them and it seems like you won't have a chance.

Edited by Adrianna McArdle
  • Like 7

49 minutes ago, Dreamer Pixelmaid said:

I was just expressing my opinion, as you said, people are allowed to express their opinions. 

Not getting anything back? All premiums get the same perks.

The tone I took from your replies wasn't one of expression but one of telling people off. 

"All premiums get the same perks"... the guy whose name is on the BBB Vic land doesn't get the same perks as me!  He's got much, much more!  If this area is "public land" as you earlier stated then why is it just in his name?

• Like 6

And here I go again... friendships aside, ok?!

I think the roof issue collided with this 937 prims issue due wrong administration decisions.

Being LL a business, no matter what type of continent they do, they are providing a service for a payment. But as Second Life is a way to live our lives virtually and we love it, things gets confused. I loved the idea when I came to Bellisseria, the utopia of a community where all are friends and equals. At some point my pink lens glasses felt and broke. And it did cause business and community didnt walk together as it should have.

The roof issue was for sure caused by an AR.... why?! Customization of houses were always encouraged as I see since forever in Bellisseria and this roof was indeed in theme (no need much research on architecture respectable articles to see that) and it were not a sore eyes, au contraire, it was very tasteful and well done. So why someone decided to AR it?! It makes me wonder who Mercedes pissed off for that. Yes, cause in a sea of regions with monstrosities out of theme, why someone got so bothered with her roof?! And being a recently released theme, how could she or any of us know about the roof rule?!

So if the roof customization could be an issue, it should had being anticipated and ruled first. This is a business, right?! For us it is a playing house we pay for but being a business for LL it should had taking care more professionally. Sorry, not sorry.

Same about the BBB 937 prims vic that out of the blue just appeared ripping off half of the communitary Party Zone.

A roof issue or a 937 prims house issue or any other issue that is happening or happened in Bellisseria, they have/had nothing about the residents or the community. Its about administration. If you want all roofs this or that way, write it down and make residents know. Like the orbs rules. And have a team of Governors ready to go after every single thing out of rules. "Oh! but theres not many governors!" "Bellisseria is too big!" Not the residents problem. As consumer, we pay for a service. So if you want to rule us on something, provide us the rule first. Cold?! Yes, as a roof being returned without a why or a word.

If hard "communitary" long hours sweat and tears work can be rewarded with this or that benefit, write that down, ruled it and let residents know. Thats what a business do and an equal community should behave.

Gatekeepers, monopoly and favoritism, thats what cause drama and end societies. Equal treatments, known rules and transparency can only save.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6

• Administrators

I figure this is a little overdue for a response and while I can't possibly address everything over the last 8 pages or so of this thread, I will try to touch on a few.  

The issue with doing mods to the houses that significantly change the architectural design of the homes and how they fit the theme of the homes is generally not permitted.  This is our stance and it has not changed.  In addition to that, people "testing the waters" may, or may not be compliant, and just because it is there today, that does not make it compliant tomorrow.  We have also been very accepting and even supported "cafe" builds throughout the history of Bellisseria within the constraints of the covenant. 

Part of the challenge (and as I've seen called out) is that we can not be everywhere, all the time.  Someone may call it inconsistency, others understand we are a finite resource and we appreciate the latter stance.  We also can not come out and approve every ask of if one thing is ok versus another.  We would forever be engaged in those asks if we tried, and I think most would rather have us engaged in building houses, themes and content and not be the police all the time.  This is why we have also engaged the community to first try the neighborly thing of have a conversation with someone who may not be aware of the covenant, and if that fails, please file an abuse report, or let a Mole know.  

When we have to react because someone has potentially violated the covenant they agreed to when they got their Linden Home, I'd hope we wouldn't be called out with disdain and provocation to further sow discord in the community for having to do so.  I know it may not feel good that we had to react, but the few devices we have are to educate, warn and return something.  We are always open for polite engagement on any actions we may have to take.  If everyone would re-visit the covenant and err on the side of caution instead of trying to push the boundaries and seeing what they can get away with, life would be much easier for everyone.  If you are not willing to follow the covenant, you are free to get some land without a covenant.  If you take a Linden Home, then you do so accepting the covenant and the enforcement that will come with it.  

I'll close on the point that there is no favoritism, and I do not understand the genesis of this.  I have said repeatedly that I welcome any and all Residents who might have an interesting idea that would foster community growth. If you put together a well laid plan to execute and want to partner with us to do something for the community, I invite anyone to contact myself or Derrick Linden with their thoughts and ideas.  We do expect a plan, we will give you guidance on what we expect, and to date few have been brought forward that we've actually been able to work with. 

This thread has spun into negativity, arguments, and fighting and it has outlived its usefulness so we are going to lock it.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 13
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.