Newbrooke's have been released!

Evangeline Arcadia
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Great so one person posts a photo of my home... innocently enough to actually complement it... and now I'm on for the alt army dragging.

Think I'm gonna go log off and go eat some milk and cookies

You give me more credit than I deserve, neither Yestothis nor Milk Pixelmaid are me.

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

Just my 2c... I like the bowling alley, and it's in theme, but where do you draw the line. Firstly I imagine at least one of your neighbours now has part of their view cut back to your building wall. Second if its allowed for you whats to stop the neighbour with the restricted view thinking , screw you I'll put something similar up, and suddenly you don't have a residential zone any more. I'd love the enforcement to be applied everywhere as mentioned previously, there are some awful monstrosities in places. But on the other hand creativity and your world your imagination are also true.. Personally rather than the extra rental proposed above as its urban why not add a faux-mall or two as the region grows.. That would suit the urban setting, allow community or leisure orientated faux businesses. Bowling alley, swimming baths, as I'm from France petanque outdoor bowls maybe.. again your imagination is the limit. just my thoughts.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

I mentioned my issue with the roof to inform people so they didn't waste money buying these add-ons (and they are already for sale) when they can't use them. Likewise, I don't want people to get into a mess making a roof add-on and then selling it to people who can't use them.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't annoyed when my roof was returned. I was actually standing on the parcel working when it was sent back and shortly after I had to re-log to reset my modem and returned to half my things gone and no message as to why (Patch said he sent one and it may have been lost in my re-log.) Ultimately, I do not get bent out of shape too much over SL things. I let most stuff roll off my back.

If LL wants to police Belliserria with an iron fist then so be it. I can choose to go elsewhere if the rules don't work for me. However, I would ask that the iron fist be consistent throughout all the themes and for explanations to be more on point then a blanketed statement like "the add-on was out of theme" or a "major change to the structure." The add-on was neither of those things. I took time googling and looking at RL mid-century modern and container homes before I made the roof. I went off a RL pic. I also didn't care for the comment that Moles have to assume people are not reading the covenant. The covenant just asks that things remain in theme, and once again, I can argue the roof structure is 100% within theme. Now with all that said, I don't want to sound like I am pounding my fist on my desk and ready to rage quit Beliiserria over a mesh roof. I am still happy as a playful puppy. I am grateful for all the hard work put into Belliserria and think it's one of the best things LL gave premium members.

Lastly, I suggest telling people that allowing a roof add-on of my type opens up things to interpretation and we will soon have traditional roof pitches on modern homes and I 100% agree those roof types are out of theme. It's probably easier from a policing standpoint to not allow them altogether. If that is what they are trying to avoid then say that, instead of making me feel I did something bad.

Goes back to decorating my pretties.

I agree with all of this and I do suspect that this is a matter of not allowing any roof augmentations is easier to police than having to judge them on a case-by-case basis.  It's a shame, as I would definitely want to do something similar to add some personality to my home.  I generally prefer a more rigid interpretation of what is in theme, but this seems to go too far.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

One alternative solution regarding faux businesses - it's been expressed a few times that residents do like them if tastefully done, adding to the community feel. So @Patch Linden why not have a few homes dotted here and there which residents can pay a tiny bit extra for to create a non-commercial community spot, cafe, post office, whatever. I'm not sure if LL could do that logistically.

They're already doing this for the BBB and their 937 prim premium location house, so really why is it NOT available to others?

Oh right, favoritism.

Edited by Adrianna McArdle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Adrianna McArdle said:

Oh right, favoritism.

I'm not the world's biggest BBB fan.  However, I think that headquarters parcel could more accurately be thought of as compensation for and future investment in the countless hours of unpaid labor that BBB members have contributed to community building.  They provide reams of useful information, they run the "passport" game, and throw many events - well-attended events! - at the Fairgrounds. 

It is my impression that no BBB member is paid for any of this, tho if anyone wishes to correct that impression, feel free.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I'm not the world's biggest BBB fan.  However, I think that headquarters parcel could more accurately be thought of as compensation for and future investment in the countless hours of unpaid labor that BBB members have contributed to community building.  They provide reams of useful information, they run the "passport" game, and throw many events - well-attended events! - at the Fairgrounds. 

It is my impression that no BBB member is paid for any of this, tho if anyone wishes to correct that impression, feel free.

The problem with that is that there are tons of other people who have done same.  And tons who have felt "run out of town" so to speak by BBB events/staff.  I had my own brush with this back when I had the library going.

I like what they do, don't get me wrong, but for LL to show any single group favoritism in such a huge way does not seem right.  Plus it's been kept very hush hush which doesn't make it feel any better.  But I guess that's a whole other topic that has nothing to do with Newbrooke add-ons.

You probably had to understand the "joke".  

So what's the joke?

Edited by Adrianna McArdle
  • Like 11

I think it is very important to remember that in all things this is Linden Labs Sandbox.  They make the rules.  Rules are in every chat service, virtual world, and game.  Even ones you have to pay to play, and Second Life is no different.  So, the rule is leaving the roof line alone.  Okay can do.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I think that headquarters parcel could more accurately be thought of as compensation for and future investment in the countless hours of unpaid labor that BBB members have contributed to community building.  They provide reams of useful information, they run the "passport" game, and throw many events - well-attended events!

OMFG somebody is sooo busted...  While we Newbrookers (tm pending) are packed 30 to a region in flat-topped boxes, a resident named <REDACTED> has benefited from Linden largess to the tune of a 1160 sqm parcel with 937 LI surrounded by an ENTIRE mole-landscaped Bellisseria region including both water and land rez zones (cue jaw hitting floor). Here it is.

The single Victorian home on this region houses the Bellisserian Better Business Bureau, which of course, provides essential services to the maintenance and well-being of Bellisserians. We are not here to judge the merits of pretend drivers licenses or passports... but to suggest that this looks bad... REALLY bad. It suggests that in the eyes of the Lindens (borrowing from Orwell) “All residents are created equal but some are more equal than others.”

In a related topic, the BBB employs an artificial-life receptionist who is required to work 24/7/365 and dress like a Hooters waitress. Also, everybody knows that the Belli Hammies throw the best parties.

bbb 1.jpg

bbb 2.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Andrea Riverview said:

My alt picked up this great west facing lot, but at the edge of a region. Anyone have any experience in how long it takes for the moles to expand into the next one?

Linden Home.jpg

It all depends on where they work next. They could start with filling in on the side you face, or the complete opposite side. Only they know where they plan to expand next.

I have a stilt that is still (blessedly) next to a void on two sides. Tons of other stilts have been built next to, but not mine yet. Will they eventually? Perhaps yes? Or maybe I get lucky and they put in ocean sims as buffer next to me. It has been what, around a year? I never expected to even get this long with my great views.

Yours may be filled with a bunch of houses, or maybe it will get a little strip of coastline and then a big ocean expanse. All you can do is flip the coin and hope it goes your way.

• Like 2

I never liked the use of the word "Bureaucracy" it just makes me think of officials, regulations, and hierarchy... and that's confirmed to me when I look at that victorian in it's own lush surrounding with all these extra prims.  We're all paying the same amount of Premium so why exactly does the owner of the BBB get all this extra on his?  It's his choice to spend his SL time playing at being a bureaucrat.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

On 3/4/2022 at 7:16 PM, Mercedes Avon said:

I

roof.jpg

I just wanted to circle back to this house and say that I think the interior (I saw your little tour in the other thread) and exterior work you have done is spectacular. It is the first time I actually got excited by these homes. You have really gone above and beyond to make these homes into something that makes sense to me architecturally and design wise. Honestly, I am super impressed by your vision.

I am saddened that your vision does not fit within the bounds deemed acceptable at this time. I understand wanting to reign in some of the more outlandish additions that have become popular as of late, but I don't want the pendulum to swing too far in the other direction. 

Edited by Sehra Kauffman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Given the BBB has opened embassies on each of the continents, events attended by Abnor mole amongst others where the ambassadors were presented with ceremonial  keys etc by the moles you would have to assume this was something considered worthwhile by the lindens. All the BBB have their own standard premium houses.. The headquarters is for the BBB as an association not a special deal for a single person. Whether you choose to join in any of the events or use the travel info etc available at the centre is up to you.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gizmatron77 said:

Given the BBB has opened embassies on each of the continents, events attended by Abnor mole amongst others where the ambassadors were presented with ceremonial  keys etc by the moles

So basically favoritism.  Why do the Hammies or Slendy not have keys?  And if they do, why do they not have headquarters that they don't have to pay for?

• Like 11

1 hour ago, syndi Pearl said:

OMFG somebody is sooo busted...  While we Newbrookers (tm pending) are packed 30 to a region in flat-topped boxes, a resident named <REDACTED> has benefited from Linden largess to the tune of a 1160 sqm parcel with 937 LI surrounded by an ENTIRE mole-landscaped Bellisseria region including both water and land rez zones (cue jaw hitting floor). Here it is.

The single Victorian home on this region houses the Bellisserian Better Business Bureau, which of course, provides essential services to the maintenance and well-being of Bellisserians. We are not here to judge the merits of pretend drivers licenses or passports... but to suggest that this looks bad... REALLY bad. It suggests that in the eyes of the Lindens (borrowing from Orwell) “All residents are created equal but some are more equal than others.”

In a related topic, the BBB employs an artificial-life receptionist who is required to work 24/7/365 and dress like a Hooters waitress. Also, everybody knows that the Belli Hammies throw the best parties.

bbb 1.jpg

bbb 2.jpg

I wanna know how they scored all that LI. I mean wow, really?????

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, gizmatron77 said:

Given the BBB has opened embassies on each of the continents, events attended by Abnor mole amongst others where the ambassadors were presented with ceremonial  keys etc by the moles you would have to assume this was something considered worthwhile by the lindens. All the BBB have their own standard premium houses.. The headquarters is for the BBB as an association not a special deal for a single person. Whether you choose to join in any of the events or use the travel info etc available at the centre is up to you.

Who chooses these ambassadors?  Genuinely interested in how this all works!  

Also if it's "not a special deal for a single person" then why put it in his name, I'm sure there's other ways it could have been worked but right now this looks like favoritism. 

Edited by Fleur Aurelia
spelling
  • Like 7

I am pleasantly surprised by the Newbrooks. Not enough to find a forever home there, but the regions are quite nice. I absolutely love the option of a small house and large yayard.i don't care who has a party themed bowling house or Cafe. I also don’t really care who has extra land and prims for public interest projects. I have owned and enjoyed all the themes and only AR'd a handful of atrocious items over the years. For now I am happy to do my own projects and let others do theirs. 

Edited by Dyna Mole
  • Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.