Newbrooke's have been released!

Evangeline Arcadia
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think I've never packed furniture as fast as I did today. Thank God I had only partially done 2 rooms in my log home. Got a Newbrooke now. Not quite happy with my parcel but my game of homes is over for today. I'll see if I can get a better plot tomorrow but I like the new houses 😁 And there are many options to customize them (3 brick works, several woodworks for the outside, same with stucco and metal, and 5 or 6 floor options).

• Like 3

Just now, Claireschen Hesten said:

Incase no one noticed or hasn't been able to get a home yet, if you go for the 1024 option you can choose between having a 512 or 1024 house rezzed. 

I did noticed that, put me into a panic for a second thinking I grabbed a 512 lot 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I can take a pic.  PM me where it is, or just reply.  Oh, wait, I see a link.  Hold on.

The blue you see in the distance is a void region between the chalets and Atkins.  Your home is raised a bit from backyard neighbors.

atkins.thumb.JPG.425c8d44d4595ef2ea1e6286772058bc.JPG

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Can confirm the water height in Newbrooke is at the standard 20m altitude, although theres not much there or room enough to sail around in it. A water link from the Chalet Homes to Newbrooke is theoretically possible from its Phloom region.  The nearest watery region in Newbrooke to it is at Muddy Run, but is located on its southern border, not its east. A bit of water channel digging across the unfilled voids between them could theoretically link these waterways together. 

2051944752_NewbrooketoChaletwater.thumb.jpg.456098887f3be7c93184676d0d0e1bc7.jpg

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 4

The mysterious region of Newbank at the top of Newbrook, once speculated to be a Linden Homes prison, or a Star Trek themed fight arena, is instead a copy/adaptation of the current SL Resident Welcome Center/Orientation/Tuition thingamajig called Welcome Island, which in Newbank has been adapted into a Newbrooke community centre. 😜 

Newbank.thumb.jpg.65d646c4aa0cc844d97b9905e5ed2645.jpg

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I don't think I ever abandoned a home as quick as I did today - I literally drag-selected everything in my home and deleted it.

I am even more excited about this theme now that I realise I can have a 512-sized house on a 1024 parcel. Absolutely perfect; a home that's not too big to decorate and enough garden to actually use. Location is okay but not particularly special, except that I have the big broad steps at the front which I really like.  I decided on the Faraday which looks great with them.

51916757958_d148a2edf0_b.jpg

I've only got the basic decorating done but I have a pool and patio in the back yard.

I think I've found my favourite theme. Not my Forever Home just yet, but I'm sure it's here somewhere.

• Like 8

Sorry if I've missed this elsewhere, but here are most of the items in the Newbrooke content pack. There are more wall components than those shown, and some additional flower colors. There's also a handy list of the RGB values used for the various walls and exteriors. EDIT: I didn't see the 3 houseplants, but... the *small* one is 6 LI and the other 2 are 8 LI!

content1.JPG

content2.JPG

content3.JPG

modtextures.JPG

content4.JPG

Edited by Frigga Freidman
found more stuff
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 7

I finally got inworld to see what I caught while I was at work.  I might actually keep my first roll.

I like the ambient sounds.  They are interesting.  You get the usual songbirds chittering, but you also get dogs barking, cats meowing, cars (and the occasional horn), planes and bicycles going by.  The longer I listen the more things I hear and there is always something making noise.  It adds to the feeling of being in a busy place.  Nice work!

I guess if you don't like the constant buzzing of a busy, bustling city, you can choose the silence of the trads.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Sorry if I've missed this elsewhere, but here are most of the items in the Newbrooke content pack. There are more wall components than those shown, and some additional flower colors. There's also a handy list of the RGB values used for the various walls and exteriors. EDIT: I didn't see the 3 houseplants, but... the *small* one is 6 LI and the other 2 are 8 LI!

Thanks for posting this, I love the look of this pack!:) I really like the exterior walls in the Newbrook regions. Unfortantely I don't have another account to get a home to get it:(

• Sad 1

I got one in Dooright and placed my 3 flags (Swedish, EU and Ukraine) outside. So now it looks like an embassy 😆 I got a bit inspired and maybee I should pursue this idea and make something like a human rights place of it? 😊 I might try for another location and change the house tho, or maybee not? Thanks LL and @Patch Linden for nice work! ❤️

Edited by Always Incognito
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Not sure why someone put this one back. It's in the region "coin toss" which seems fitting. Got this on my second try.

Well, after hoping to get one in Coin Toss all day, turned out I like the vibe of this one better.  Bumpier landscaping with more "Newbrooke"ian details around it.    Turns out I still get water sounds from the tiny pond, so figure I don't need the big one in Coin Toss after all.   Go figure :)   

But that's a great region, and so close to the community center, so there'll be lots to do.

Dooright.thumb.JPG.f9f3ac6bebc414a7fd910b92798feea7.JPG

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 8

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.