New theme is Revealed!.....Newbrooke...

Evangeline Arcadia
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 minutes ago, Hunny Bunny said:

Yet we all know what the state of mainland is and private estates can be extremely expensive. Some of us are also value oriented and as long as we're paying for it you're gonna face some criticism.

Criticize away (although it's a bit sad how very negative and borderline rude some of the comments are), but the purpose of the homes remains the same. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

come on, you must be kidding! this is a luxurious home, linden homes are average starter homes with only 1024 sqm, if you want this kind of homes check this store they will make your dream come true:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/63972?search[category_id]=34&search[maturity][]=General&search[maturity][]=Moderate&search[maturity][]=Adult&search[page]=1&search[per_page]=96&search[sort]=created_at_desc&search[store_id]=63972

4.jpg.05db2864911dd18f223cc175a4ed44ec.jpg

i'm not thrilled with the new "updated" modern theme, but what you're asking for is too much. 🙃

That Weezer song "Beverly Hills" came to mind... lol

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Many thanks to Patch & the Moles for respinning the demo region!  It was clearly a lot of work, judging by the quantity of beer cans scattered around.  It helps a lot to see the final textures and enhanced landscaping.  The choice of container homes took me completely by surprise, so I've had to live with it a little.  I've come to really love the fences, which surprises me.

I'm no artist, but to my eyes the exterior concrete texture is GORGEOUS.  I think it's baked with a little shadow on edges?  I know just tinting a baked texture sometimes doesn't work so well, but even so I hope that the Content packs will include a baked version for tinting, because I'd like to play with colorblock.  The houseboats didn't include baked versions of their interior textures, and it just drove me (and others) insane.

vignette_001.jpg.fa32b85f500e11ba85b255082dbc7f14.jpg

But I have to say I find the traditional interiors jarring.

I appreciate the simple window/door moldings, and I wonder if there will be a metallic texture for them. I see that the cornice moldings have been flattened so they're not completely traditional, but frankly I find them superfluous, and the ceilings are not superhigh so they are always in view.  I wish there were an option to hide them.  You can almost disappear them by choosing a white ceiling and white trim, but then I assume all the trim turns white.

And I'm sorry, but I just cringe when I look at these staircases.  Wooden stairs, wood banisters with a newel post??  The only way I can see to stop the cringe would be to encase the whole banister with a concrete wall, erg.  I know it's too late, way too late to change them, but I do think this design choice will confine my home options to single-story. Which is a pity, that 2-decker 512 home is really nice.

1557693136_newelpost_001.jpg.1026ffdeba8a2753cb8fd95037d414b7.jpg

And, lastly, I wish the houseboats offered this beautiful blue exterior!

blue_001.jpg.594492377b6fe5540304ed983d19973a.jpg

I agree about the blue, it's gorgeous, and heaven help me, I do actually feel relief the stairs are like that. If I didn't know any better, I'd believe someone sat me down one day and asked me what type of house I would like. They're a cross between one my ex-partner bought for us to live in on Quincentival in 2008 and a 512m sized low prim house I had with a holographic room in. I really am feeling totally nostalgic with these modern homes. Modern retro. 

• Like 3

Some of the Newbrooke houses at the Linden Reveal region have definitely changed colour for a second time now.

The large pink Heaton house near the main entrance (at that T junction) is now a yellow-beige.

1784384375_HeatonBeige9Dec2021.thumb.jpg.d2c8f131a6df52aa37f21420fc3c60e2.jpg

This Ender house was a mauve-violet colour earlier on and is now a tan-brown colour.

1700564380_Ender9Dec2021.thumb.jpg.ccd6a6963434286e3d561180d20ddf7a.jpg

The same Ender house also now has some window blinds on the upper floor.

1092683945_EnderBlinds9Dec2021.thumb.jpg.69e34589c7290ae2157d64458b785a8e.jpg

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

This is a good reminder. Patch has said many times that these are meant to be "starter homes". The idea is for people to want more, but to want it elsewhere, whether on Mainland or on a private estate. "Fly from the nest, little birds, and then you can make your modern houses look exactly like you want them to look!"

I seem to be going backwards in my Second Life (and probably my real life too). I used to own tons of land and paid the ton of tier fees too, but I haven't been premium in a while. Maybe I am just looking for a retirement home :/ This'll do nicely.

hell.jpg

Edited by Marigold Devin
... and close to a pool would be ideal
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Nick0678 said:

Isn't it funny how they call these "starter homes" although they are mostly used by avatars that have been in SL 5-10-15 years...  (*and those sound more like "retired")

giphy.gif

We talked about them as retirement homes already the first months of the release in 2019, youngster. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

Tell me, am I crazy, but the first day of the opening, wasn't the roofs darker? Like tar, as mentioned earlier in the thread? And i could only see the dark black brick and outdoor roof edges. When did the 2 other colors show up? Deep brown and deep red in brick and roof edges?

I like the sandstone exterior walls. Is it sandstone? Yellow tones.

20 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Some of the Newbrooke houses at the Linden Reveal region have definitely changed colour for a second time now.

The large pink Heaton house near the main entrance (at that T junction) is now a yellow-beige.

The Ender house was a mauve-violet colour earlier on and is now a tan-brown colour.

The Ender also now has some window blinds on the upper floor.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Tell me, am I crazy, but the first day of the opening, wasn't the roofs darker? Like tar, as mentioned earlier in the thread? And i could only see the dark black brick and outdoor roof edges. When did the 2 other colors show up? Deep brown and deep red in brick and roof edges?

I like the sandstone exterior walls. Is it sandstone? Yellow tones.

Your're crazy. Haha, not really 😁. You are correct - the roofs are lighter:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Your're crazy. Haha, not really 😁. You are correct - the roofs are lighter:)

Thank you! (What a relief) If they also added different bricks, I can still hope it for lighter brick.

It is a good thing for me, that I am active in a discussion. Instead of looking at the new style and feeling nothing. I think about what I can hide and what I can add.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

We talked about them as retirement homes already the first months of the release in 2019, youngster. ;)

Oh you did, great now you gave me one more reason to come and graffiti your modern "starter home" walls, grandma! :P

tumblr_inline_nmk1hqdvAT1ruawhn_540.gifv

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, Nick0678 said:

Oh you did, great now you gave me one more reason to come and graffiti your modern "starter home" walls, grandma! :P

Funny thing actually, just yesterday I was sailing under one of the bridges in Old Belli (Trads area) and I thought, "Why is there no graffiti on this bridge yet?"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

58 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

The Ender house was a mauve-violet colour earlier on and is now a tan-brown colour.

The Ender also now has some window blinds on the upper floor.

I like these more natural colors, because they don't clash and or compete, and therefore it makes the whole place look harmonious to me. The pastel colors that were up before reminded me of an area in San Juan, Puerto Rico called the La Perla. It was a colorful area, tropical, beachy and it was unique, however it was not a modern landscape. In fact, I am sure many parts of it were very ancient. I only viewed La Perla from a distance when I lived there, but this is what I saw:

1f6907a99f3b49c5998e8bd6500a2cf9.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.