Do you post your real life picture in Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 959 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 10/5/2021 at 7:53 AM, Echelon Alcott said:

I used to have my RL photo in my profile, but removed it for precautionary reasons.

I'm curious how this "RL photo" from an AI-constructed version of your avatar was created. Would you mind sharing that information? Sounds really cool.

take a good picture of your SL avatar, then use apps like Faceswap or reface ( android phone) and is done. sometime effects are amazing

2 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Those artbreeder things look cool but I can't work out how you all do them. It asks for two pics and merges them, how do you just convert one pic to a RL look?

I just uploaded one pic, the portrait section was where I found the upload option it took quite a while to upload. went in to my profile found the pic clicked it clicked on something called child or children and clicked the refresh until I got something that looked the most RL. On a pic I used with an updo hairstyle a lot of the results made me look like a bloke 

Well, I have a very small RL picture in my profile that isn't much revealing. But I shared a RL picture some time ago at  a question like this on the forum. I was in the opinion to keep RL and SL apart, but I experience that in my case 'RL me' and 'SL me' aren't that different. The only difference is that I don't live in a villa in RL and  my avatar doesn't get any older. But I consider my work as a writer in SL and RL as from the same source: my brain, fantasy and skills.

• Like 2

I wouldn't post a RL pic of myself for a number of reasons. I currently use a black and white photo of my avi, run through that app, whatever it is called, that can make you smile. I don't think it's particularly realistic, but it is enough so that I've had a few people ask if it IS a RL pic of me.

I've actually been thinking of doing what @Rolig Loondoes, which is to use the AI-processed version of my avi from Artbreeder. I think the idea of basing my RL identity on my SL one is a neat and intriguing inversion of our expectations. (If I do this, I'll be clear that it's not the RL me -- for one thing, I am a brunette in RL.)

Scylla Artbreeder - Blank.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 6

Speaking of RL pictures, how come so many men are so bad at aiming a camera?

Lots of guys I hardly know want to send me RL selfies even though I tell them not to, and for some reason they've always missed their face and ended up with a pic of something further down their bodies instead.

• Haha 9

13 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Lots of guys I hardly know want to send me RL selfies even though I tell them not to, and for some reason they've always missed their face and ended up with a pic of something further down their bodies instead.

It's to show you how intelligent we are, supposedly our brain is located in that zone you are refering  😁🤣

• Haha 3

Not. A. Chance. 

Too easy for someone to reverse search an image and stalk you into RL.

Can you imagine what your RL friends/family/work would think of some of your wilder kinks?

You have that happen once, you'll never post a RL picture again, trust me.

And for the fragile snowflakes who need a RL pic to verify I'm a 34 year old female? Go away. Far, far away.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

It has been so long since I had one of those selfies sent.. I wonder if my Ava is not approachable enough. ?

3 minutes ago, Kittycat Kiyori said:

Not. A. Chance. 

Too easy for someone to reverse search an image and stalk you into RL.

Can you imagine what your RL friends/family/work would think of some of your wilder kinks?

You have that happen once, you'll never post a RL picture again, trust me.

And for the fragile snowflakes who need a RL pic to verify I'm a 34 year old female? Go away. Far, far away.

There is nothing I do in SL I am ashamed of or would not laugh off in rl. But you are right everyone’s reasons for being in SL are their own business.. I do not judge. Sometimes a rl photo just ruins the illusion or fantasy to… I tend to take people as their avatar suggests. I react as such to. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

"Real life" picture?!?? What is this "real life" of which you speak?

😜

I don't know for sure 100%, but there are people who have been there and they tell funny stories about the necessity to eat, drink, sleep, work, go to the toilet, wash yourself, wash and iron your clothes. And it really seems to rain there. There is only one day and one night in 24 hours. And no profiles and you can't inspect clothes that others are wearing without getting into arguments and an occasional fight. It is said that it is even impossible to cam into houses.
People can steel your stuff and no 60 L$ weekend sales. Strangely there are no sim crossing problems.

It must be a horrible place if you ask me.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Nope.

I live in SL (mostly) as a redhead female in her 30s, and use SL to explore things I can't safely in RL as a late 50s male.

It's so easy to fake RL pics anyway using things like "this person doesn't exist" generators that I don't trust most people's RL pics anyway. I could claim to be any of these non-existent women in a profile picture if I wanted to catfish or lie about being female (and I can RP a female convincingly if I had to) ...

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-3.jpg

image.jpg

Yes, these are all not real and simply generated images. Could you tell any of them aren't real?

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

There is nothing I do in SL I am ashamed of or would not laugh off in rl. But you are right everyone’s reasons for being in SL are their own business.. I do not judge. Sometimes a rl photo just ruins the illusion or fantasy to… I tend to take people as their avatar suggests. I react as such to. 

I'm not ashamed of anything I play with here in SL because I am a curious gal. It's why I run three avatars (not alts, just one account), so I can bring my current moods and wants into play.

But I assure you that's not an attitude that many people elsewhere, outside SL, take when confronted with kinks far outside what is considered vanilla. 

For example, how would you feel after getting hauled into the HR at your company, and shown a picture of you ... hypothetically ... at a sim that might be a place where women hang out with let's call them four-legged furries and having "fun"?

I'm okay with this in SL, sure! My actual co-workers? RL friends? Family?

I always take your avatar as how you need to express and represent, as well. easiest way to navigate. It's you behavior and actions that I keep track of.

Edited by Kittycat Kiyori
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kittycat Kiyori said:

I'm not ashamed of anything I play with here in SL because I am a curious gal. It's why I run three avatars (not alts, just one account), so I can bring my current moods and wants into play.

But I assure you that's not an attitude that many people elsewhere, outside SL, take when confronted with kinks far outside what is considered vanilla. 

For example, how would you feel after getting hauled into the HR at your company, and shown a picture of you ... hypothetically ... at a sim that might be a place where women hang out with let's call them four-legged furries and having "fun"?

I'm okay with this in SL, sure! My actual co-workers? RL friends? Family?

I always take your avatar as how you need to express and represent, as well. easiest way to navigate. It's you behavior and actions that I keep track of.

How do you run 3 avatars on one account without having alts?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Arkam said:

It's to show you how intelligent we are, supposedly our brain is located in that zone you are refering  😁🤣

😁 If that really is where the male brain is located it must get very sore like a headache. There was a time when certain messaging programs existed where guys used to try and get you to watch them giving their brain a good massage

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Could you tell any of them aren't real?

Look at the ears; All of them have ear glitches of one kind or another. The last one also has a rather tell-tale distortion blob to the right.

If it were just a quick look, I wouldn't notice, but if upon close examination it becomes obvious enough.

11 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Could you tell any of them aren't real?

Real or not, they all look like they will be used in ID cards so personally i wouldn't believe for a second that someone is one of those people from the photos.

Edited by Nick0678

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 959 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.