Do you post your real life picture in Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 943 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Anyone can find a RL photo of someone on the internet, instagram or Facebook and use that and make it look like it's a real photo.

Exactly.. even facebook is full of fake profiles having multiple photos with their daily activities so unless you have skyped with the other person...

34 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Anyone can find a RL photo of someone on the internet, instagram or Facebook and use that and make it look like it's a real photo.

Uhm, am I missing something? If you steal someone's RL photo then obviously it's still a RL photo.

my profile pic here and my RL photo in my SL profile are the same, and both real.

I've been on the internet too long (since before it was called "the" internet or it became effectively synonymous with something that didn't exist back then, the WWW) to have any hope of anonymity and I'm too old and curmudgeonly to give a rat's...

Oh, and get off my lawn :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

How do you run 3 avatars on one account without having alts?

Three very distinct looks is what I meant. :) One is pretty close to the real me in terms of looks. And I use whatever one I feel like at the moment in terms of my mood, what I want to do while online etc.

I have details in my picks in my profile and get a lot of compliments on the complexity of that. One is a 18+ Kawaii flighty babygirl type, one is a kind of attitude-fueled (romantic?) Goth, and the last one is a slender ex-ballerina type with a submissive streak. I use a titler to indicate which name to call me like "I am Giselle" and each one is explained in my picks.

I guess its like having a furry and a human avatar on one account, but I have three human looks instead. I guess I just don't call them alts? Ive always considered alts to be different accounts.

:)

The ballerina is the closest to me me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kittycat Kiyori said:

Three very distinct looks is what I meant. :) One is pretty close to the real me in terms of looks. And I use whatever one I feel like at the moment in terms of my mood, what I want to do while online etc.

I have details in my picks in my profile and get a lot of compliments on the complexity of that. One is a 18+ Kawaii flighty babygirl type, one is a kind of attitude-fueled (romantic?) Goth, and the last one is a slender ex-ballerina type with a submissive streak. I use a titler to indicate which name to call me like "I am Giselle" and each one is explained in my picks.

I guess its like having a furry and a human avatar on one account, but I have three human looks instead. I guess I just don't call them alts? Ive always considered alts to be different accounts.

:)

The ballerina is the closest to me me.

Ahh ok. I get ya. I change mine often.. none of mine look like the real me though. I am way to beautiful to replicate… lol 

Edited by Tarina Sewell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My SL profile picture is of my avatar with my husband's avatar, and my first life picture is of our RL, much more aged selves.  I'm pretty much the same person in either world, and I've already crossed the streams in epic fashion (we met in SL), so eh...

In some of my houses, I have been known to stick a tiny RL picture under a fridge magnet or something.  But that depends on location.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Hey, I just tried that Artbreeders thing. I came up with one I like...

0f23273ec3f8d1df.thumb.jpg.21c2df5b35b166dbe28d1c906b1b24be.jpg

Do you have to make an account there..

I went to use it and it was wanting me to use a facebook or some other thing like it account..

I don't have anything like that, so I just decided not to do it...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I went to use it and it was wanting me to use a facebook or some other thing like it account..

It's been months since I set mine up, so I don't really remember well, but I don't recall doing anything special. I think you need to make a fancy account (one that asks you for $$$) if you want to use all the bells and whistles in the tool, but for not if you're just playing around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do you post your real life picture in Second Life?

I don't, but I'm beginning to think that we might as well.  SL is now on AWS cloud.  It is only a matter of time until hackers post all our account information online on the dark web.  Much of the RP in SL is not politically correct, which means the most  powerful hackers like Anonymous will be trying to out us all.  

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Probably best as if you upload your rl pic who is to say how it will be used in the future. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Probably best as if you upload your rl pic who is to say how it will be used in the future. 

I will say.  It will be uploaded to Facebook to get auto-tagged with your RL name.  Also, do a web search for "reverse image search" to see how to do it without Facebook. 

Edited by Desiree Moonwinder

6 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It looks like they changed something recently, but you shouldn't need to go through facebook or social media to set up an account though. Email should do.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You can register an account with them, but I just used a Google account I have under Lindal's name to sign in.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 943 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.