You're a burglar...

CaithLynnSayes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 538 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You know those thingies on the bottom of chair legs? Those are called sliders and prevent the chair from making a racket (and/or scratching the floor) when pulled out from under the table.

Yeah, I would steal those!

... But I would leave one on each chair so that all chairs wobble!

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

You know those thingies on the bottom of chair legs? Those are called sliders and prevent the chair from making a racket (and/or scratching the floor) when pulled out from under the table.

Yeah, I would steal those!

... But I would leave one on each chair so that all chairs wobble!

sO IT WS YOU! 
sORRY sOMEONE STOLE MY " " KEY.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Ayeleeon said:
I am not taking a thing, just going to disconnect the wires to the thermostat and put it back together.

Oooo!  More insidious and much easier ... I'd take the little AAA battery from the thermostat.   

Several years ago, the battery in mine died on a cold January night. It took me a while at 2:00 a.m. to realize why I was cold, then discover that I did not have a spare battery in the house, and then find that the only place nearby that is open to sell batteries at that hour is the convenience store out by the highway....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

Oooo!  More insidious and much easier ... I'd take the little AAA battery from the thermostat.   

Several years ago, the battery in mine died on a cold January night. It took me a while at 2:00 a.m. to realize why I was cold, then discover that I did not have a spare battery in the house, and then find that the only place nearby that is open to sell batteries at that hour is the convenience store out by the highway....

Those or 9 volt batteries in smoke detectors.

Weird battery choices. At least they aren't C batteries. Anything still use those?

1 hour ago, Quistess Alpha said:
3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Apparently, the younger generations won't mind you taking the top sheet.

Huh, I'm a "younger generation" and don't use a top sheet; had no idea those were correlated.

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Just Google Using a Top sheet.  I didn't realize it was a thing either.

I am very much not the younger generation, but I have thought about giving up the top sheet.  These days that top sheet makes me hot while I sleep and I'm constantly kicking it down to the bottom of the bed.  My bedspread and/or quilt are actually much cooler without the sheet layer there. 

Perhaps the colander. When the pasta is ready to be poured out and they open the cupboard and find it gone, they'll have to improvise - improvising is time, and suddenly the pasta is no longer al dente!

laughing-evil.gif

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 538 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.